“An awesome spring break at the best hotel on Daytona beach”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach
Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Detroit, Michigan
“An awesome spring break at the best hotel on Daytona beach”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My family stayed here for spring break but I wasnt able to join them. It is right on the ocean and kids loved waking to ocean sound every morning.
My wife found it perfectly located for teens to walk to and from boardwalk while younger kids had lots of options too. It was safe and secure as well as so easy to get to beach from rooms
I appreciate the wonderful assistance from All the staff. Ria at front desk gave me lots of hints for my family prior to arrival, Lisa the front office mgr assisted me with making the stay special for my family and frank in catering designed and delivered a wonderful welcoming snack tray of comfort foods and cold beverages that the kids loved so much they snapped pics and sent them to me.
After 3 days in Orlando it was going to be tough to top but my family wants to visit this property a lot in the future. We recommend it.

Room Tip: Upgrade or pay for ocean view. It is worth it just for the "wow" factor with kids
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Sorry that you couldn't come to spring break with your family but I'm thrilled that our team could be of help to you prior to your family's arrival and I'm happy they shared a picture of the little treats that you had sent to the room. We hope next time your family returns to Daytona Beach that you will stay with us again and hopefully you can come and enjoy the pool and the beautiful beach withthem. Thank you for your compliments on our team members, we're glad we could be part of your family's vacation.

Leah Klindt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Cleveland, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

The holiday inn was clean, easy access to the beach, and right beside car access for the beach road. The restaurant at the hotel had great breakfast and dinner. It was a good value since our kids ate free! Jessica A (our dinner waitress) could not have been any better! She took care of everything we asked for, and was excellent in her dinner choices for us.

• Stayed March 2013
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
I'm so excited to hear that you & your family enjoyed your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, I see you took advantage of the kids eat free program that Holiday Inn offers during your visit. It makes all of us feel wonderful when our guests enjoy the service here at the hotel and in our dinning room. I'm happy to hear that Jessica A took good care of you and your family.I will pass on your gracious comments to Jessica and the staff here at the hotel. We hope you will come back and visit soon. f we can be of any help in making your next reservation please feel free to call us at 386-255-5494.

Hope to see you soon,

mississippi
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I believe this is an average hotel for the price.
Cons:
The hotel public areas need a refresh - The halls seem drab. The doors seems to have gaps and the noises from the halls is loud. There is road noise as well. The AC system was the old style in the wall and was noisy. The only priority club perk offered for a platinum status was a buy one get one free drink coupon. No room upgrade and no breakfast. The parking at the hotel is very limited. They have a lot across the street where parking was plentiful.
Pros:
The room was clean and the maid service did a good job. The internet worked well and there were plenty of tv channels. The bar area was dim, but the staff brightens the area - very good staff that were hospitable and made you feel at home. The food was good and the buy one get one free beers were cold.

I probably would have given a 4 rating if I had been upgraded to a room on the beach side away from the road noise. Although the hotel is just average, I would stay here again due to the good staff.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank engineer64
Some of your comments are very surprising for us. We try to upgrade all Priority Club members but sorry to say that during your stay here with us it was during a very busy time when the hotel was in a sold out status. It isn't easy to move someone that has reserved a certain type of room usually oceanfront and then move them out of the oceanfront room for a PCmember because these guests book a certain type of room which we provide for them. as for the hallways this suprises me as well since we just installed brand new carpet at the end of February. I'm glad to hear the satff here made your stay an enjoyable one, good food,good staff and a clean room are great comments and we appreciate those and hope you will come and stay with us again when we're not so busy so we can get you a room upgrade. Most priority club members use their points in hotels like ours versus hotels on the highway, this is why we have limitations on what we give out to our PC members beacuse we do a very high volume in PC members please feel free to contact us upon your next arrival so we can make sure your taken care of. Thank you for your comments I will share them with my staff.

Ft Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My husband & I just returned from the Holiday Inn & Suites this afternoon after a 3 day stay. We did not go for a vacation; unfortunately it was due to a family tragedy. When I spoke to the General Mgr Leah about this, she upgraded us from a city view room to an oceanview room in the blink of an eye. When we were going to dinner last night, I had found a restaurant that was rated quite high on Trip Advisor, however, when we called their phone number to make reservations, after several tries no one answered. I went to the front desk & Ashley tried reaching them as well, to no avail. Then Chris (I believe that is his name) who was working the front desk with Ashley, went & asked one of the employees in the office if he could recommend a good Italian restaurant. He did & Chris even went on Mapquest & printed the directions for us. The restaurant was excellent & we would definitely go there again. I have never stayed at a hotel where they go above & beyond the call of duty the way these people did. To Leah, Ashley & Chris, I want to thank you so much for your wonderful customer service.
Also, the room was spotless & the cleaning crew was fantastic. What a great place to stay. We will definitely go back there again.

Marcia M

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, 30 March 2013
What a great way to start my day with a great trip advisor story about our team members here at the hotel.They do go above and beyond for our guests.This makes us feel great,that people take the time to let us know we're doing a great job. Our entire staff reaches out to our guests to make sure they recieve the best possible service during their stay with us.We're glad we hit a home run with you, and made your stay special. Please keep us in mind for your next trip to Daytona Beach, Hopefully it will be to relax on the beach or poolside.Thank you so much for sharing your story with my team and I here at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites

Happy Spring,

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn during Bike week and very much enjoyed every minute. The entire staff was very nice and accommodating. The front office Manager, Lisa was an absolute sweetheart. She helped me out with Priority club on a few occasions which allowed me to use points during the event week. Awesome!! The facility was nice and very close to Main Street it was also handy to have the restaurant and lounge on the premises. The hotel was packed during bike week and yet you wouldn't know it due to the great staff.
Thanks to Lisa and her staff.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
We're so happy to hear that our southern hospitality is shinning through.The entire team here at the Holiday Inn on the Ocean strives to make sure all of our guests are happy ones and we're glad all of us could make your stay worth writting about on trip advisor. We look forward to you returning to our hotel, when you come back to Daytona Beach. Biketoberfest will be comming soon in October hope to see you then.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My Wife and I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites in Daytona Beach duriing Bike Week. We would like to Thank Lisa for her great service, caring attitude and basically being a great person :-) She really made our stay special...along with a few bikes of course. We are looking forward to our stay here for next bike week.

Room Tip: Get an oceanfront room it is worth every penny!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thank you for letting us know Lisa is a gem we know this here at the Holiday Inn, Lisa and her team in the front office do a fabulous job in making sure our guest get taken care of. We thank you for your compliments about are staff and look forward to your next visit.

general Manager
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. I spent 4 nights there during Bike Week. They were exceptionally cordial to all the bikers. The room was updated, roomy and modern. It was perfectly located to keep you close to all the action but far enough away to allow for a break from the noise. A well kept secret is their restaraunt. The food was excellent and the beer was always cold. The restaraunt and bar staff were friendly and knowledgable. The front desk team was friendly and exceptionally helpful as well. I'm a bit of a hotel snob and was a little skeptical in staying here but it was the only game in town due to my late attempt at finding a room. Good thing I stayed here, it was a pleasant surprise. So much so, i'm going to stay here every year going forward.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
I'm so happy our team here at The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites surprised you with our service & hospitality, in our Bistro & Bar. I was also glad to hear that one of our reservation agents was able to find you a room. We look forward to your next visit to our well kept secret. Call in advance and make your reservations at 386-255-5494.We're happy you had a nice time and I will share your compliments with our staff. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay it let's us know what we're doing right and what we might need to work on. Hope to see you soon.

Thanks Again,