“Overpriced and overrated”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach
Ranked #10 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked an oceanfront king suite for two nights as we were getting married on the beach and thought it sounded good from the reviews. I was not impressed from the minute we checked in staff were the most unconcerned unfriendly people I've came across in all my visits to the state's we were lucky to have gotten a glance from the check in girl. I had put a note on our booking that we were getting married and it wasn't acknowledged which was a let down. The room was just a room it was big but nothing like the picture and having paid the extra for a king oceanfront I was not expecting to toast my wedding day out of a plastic cup. We were there for a very special occasion and I definitely felt we would have been treated differently if we had been getting married through the hotel. You are paying for the view here that's it.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank jackson120
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Your review has caught my attention from the moment I read it & has me very concerned. I have done some research on trying to find you as one of our guests staying in the hotel during recent days, with the only thing I know about you as a guest. I looked up, Jackson as a last name and Northern Ireland as country. Your comments don't sound like my staff so I would appreciate it if you could email me at lklindt@prmhotels.com. So maybe I could get some further information if it was at our hotel. There are three Holiday Inn products on Daytona Beach so I would appreciate the chance to make sure you have the correct one. I look forward to hearing from you so we can discuss this further.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is clean, the room I reserved was a King bed with a pull out couch and ocean view. The pool is nice as well easy access to the beach. The cost was $250 with check in at 4 pm and check out by 11 am. This was a little frustrating since we didn't have a place to change into swim suits etc. The room's phone didn't work as well as the cable for TV. We had three channels to watch. We were told they were sorry but in the process of changing carriers. Eric Ohio

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Eric R
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Eric R,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am happy to hear that you found our hotel and room commendable.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the room amenities, particularly the phone and cable provider may have caused you. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Thank you for your time and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night while traveling to Orlando. The location is perfect, room was spacious and comfortable, view was amazing! Breakfast served was hot and enjoyable as well. Staff was friendly and knowledgable. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: June 2014
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us here at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites, we hope you will come back and visit us the next time your in Daytona Beach area.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great clean hotel. Rooms have recently been updated: new carpets, fresh paint, new bathrooms. Pool area had plenty of chairs and lounges. Palm trees and umbrellas provided shade. Outdoor bar and barbeque. 45 min from Stetson

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting one of our areas finest universities. We hope that when you come back to visit again that you will continue to choose to stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your views with us. Have a great summer & hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly, and we couldn't have asked for a better location! At first we were a little disappointed with the size of the room, but the private balcony and luxurious pool and jacuzzi made up for that.

• Stayed: June 2014
Holidayinn930, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit with us here in Daytona Beach, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel we hope you will come back and visit soon. Have a fantastic summer.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had an amazing stay at the Holiday Inn!!!!Everything was very clean had a clean scent to everything and wow the room was perfect and there was nothing out of its place!!Staff was absolutely amazing!!We passed a couple of waning ladies and they were so sweet to us!!Anything we needed the staff was right there to help us with info on the best restaurants to the best places to spend time at with the family!!It was a wonderful place to stay and I can't wait to return in the next couple months!!!

• Stayed: June 2014

Amazing is what all of us here at the Holiday Inn want to be, We're happy you encountered great service and team members during your visit. We hope we will see you again real soon. Have a great summer and come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I had the best holiday weekend stay here! The staff was wonderful and very attentive to our request. I called ahead and spoke with Anthony because I knew we would be arriving late that night to request a roll-a-way. When we arrived everything was setup in our room which was so helpful because it was so late at night. We really had a relaxing weekend here and only steps away from the beach!!!! I definitely would stay here again!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

How fantastic that your room and roll a way were waiting for you upon your arrival. Nothing worse than traveling all day and having to wait for a Roll a way to be delivered to go to sleep. Glad to hear your request was ready for you in your room upon your arrival. We hope you found your accommodations enjoyable during your visit and we can't wait for you to come back. Have a fantastic summer.

See you Soon,