“Hilton Takes the Checkered Again!”

Hilton Garden Inn Daytona Beach Airport
Ranked #9 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here specifically because we were attending the Daytona 500. The closest hotel to the speedway proved to be the winning formula for us. Clean and spacious room with comfy beds, prompt and friendly housekeeping, delicious breakfast every morning (could have used a little more variety) and a view of the speedway, this Hilton was perfect for our weekend. Having a refuge from the rain for 6.5 hours was a bonus. Thanks Hilton!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Daytona Beach Airport

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Great place to stay and every convenience is within a short distance.Staff is first class and always ready to help.Always feel welcome and not a stranger when I am there. Don't pass this hotel up and make it a stop if you can.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

With the Daytona 500, we booked the Hilton Garden, just in case of inclement weather, and did this pay off. There was severe rain, and all we needed to do was walk across the street to our room to get dry. We then were able to utilize the laundry to dry our clothes. We also enjoyed the lounge for cocktails and dinner before heading back to the race, after the 6.5 hour rain delay. The next morning we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. The chef was a pleasure, and did a fabulous job...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Across the street from the Daytona 500 .. For five years in a row we have stayed here at this hotel .. Five times at this hotel. (35 people in our group) .. Location is the very best in Daytona Beach. Our stay was excellent. We'll be back !

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Bed was terrible, hard and high on one side and low and soft on the other. I could not connect to internet and got little to no help from the front desk. I also received 2 wake-up calls 5 minutes apart, one from each phone. That was weird! When I returned home I headed straight to my Chiropractor's office because my back was a mess from the worn-out mattress. All in all, it was a terrible experience. The funny thing is, I had stayed in this hotel before and never had a problem. Maybe it was just the room. It was nearest to the elevator.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

The property is well maintained and clean throughout the common areas. My room was very large and had a separate sitting area. I was happy with the housekeeping as well. The mattress needed to be replaced. The controls to set the firmness of the mattress were broken and one side was sagging while the other was stuck on firm, it made for a strange transition if you rolled over the divide and fell into saggy pit on one side. The fitness room was small and often the treadmills were taken when I arrived there. There are no weights of any kind to use for strength training. My biggest complaint was the breakfast. Service was pathetic at best, one slow old waitress couldn't keep up and you had to get your own utensils and coffee cup, refills never happened. The buffet was OK but did not have eggs so if you wanted scrambled eggs or an omelet you had to depend on a single cook who again couldn't keep up with orders and forgot my order twice during the week. Fruit selection was pitiful especially given that we were in Florida where fresh fruit grows in abundance.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

My husband and I stayed the night in Daytona Beach after Lily Tomlin's performance at the Peabody Auditorium. The hotel is just about 10-15 minutes from the beaches and close to all the main highways. Our room was very spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable. It had a fridge, microwave and a kerig coffee maker. Living only 1 1/2 hrs. away from Daytona, it is easy to go out for dinner and bring back a goody bag to the hotel where it can be safely kept in the fridge. The staff was very nice and helpful and since we got to the hotel early we decided to try out the coffee maker. It was very easy to use but since we like more cream than was provided, I went to the front desk and the receptionist told me to take all the cream and sugar I wanted from the display that they had near the dining area. In the morning, we opted to just drive home instead of having breakfast there, which you do have to pay for. We enjoy going to the Peabody for performances and the next time we go, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple