“Wow!! What a great experience!”

Hampton Inn Daytona Speedway / Airport
Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 26 February 2014

During our trip down for the races we had booked a room beachside, however, after reading some reviews that were not that great about the hotel, we decided to book right by the speedway. Upon our arrival we were greeted by an excellent and very knowledgeable support staff. Matt told us about many of the hotel features, local vendors, and things of interest to do during our stay. He really went above and beyond and made us feel right at home. This was excellent customer service. The unbelievable experience continued with our room and the service we received. The room was clean, tidy, and very well taken care of. Each day our room was cleaned beyond expectations and extra towels were left per our request. The pool was nice although it was overcast a couple of the days. The breakfast was delicious and the hot coffee was nice each night when we returned from dinner. Overall I would rate this stay a 5 out of 5. The close proximity to the track was a nice added bonus.

Room Tip: Our room was very nice. It was facing the main road but was comfortable and only on the second floo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Dave B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Daytona Speedway / Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Scott,

Thank you for posting such a great review regarding your recent stay, we greatly appreciate it!

You mention many areas that influenced your stay, but the "excellent customer service" that we provided and the fact that your room was "cleaned beyond expectations," really hits home with us. We focus on those areas every day and after reading several reviews like yours, it looks like our efforts are paying off.

Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

En route to the Daytona 500 on Sunday morning, Feb 23, 2014 I received one of those 'panic/emergency' calls no salesman likes to receive. Our company was starting a big new customer the following day and nobody could find some very key data on the account...we were about to FAIL on the first day of the new relationship.

Didnt have my laptop with me and my smart phone didnt have access to the data. As I was parking my car, fretting what to do I saw that wonderfully familiar Hampton Inn sign...I trusted that it would have that great amenity they ALL do....a business center with access to the internet!

I walked in, not as a paying guest, but just someone in need and I encountered the most professional group of attendants, led by the Sales Director, Dave Bon Fleur. He quickly comprehended my dilemna and allowed me the opportunity to fix my problem and still relax at the race with my family and friends.

This is not written by a once in a blue moon traveler...I have averaged 150 nights a year for too many years .....this was extraordinary service and I highly recommend that you try the Hampton Inn in Daytona Beach by the track if you are ever in the area

Charlie L.

Frequent guest of Hampton Inn

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Dave B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Daytona Speedway / Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Charlie,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent visit to our property. We were happy to help you out and you have an open invitation to stop by any time.

Hospitality is our business and our passion. We discuss it every day in our staff meetings and we are happy to hear that we are not only talking the talk, but we are also walking the walk.

We look forward to seeing you again, in the near future!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at the Hampton, because the Homewood Suites that I normally stay at was full. I'm glad I did! It's newly remodeled and the service was great.

I stopped by on the way to dinner to do a quick checkin and I wasn't there a totaly of 5 minutes (including walking in and out).

Quick service and they couldn't have been more welcoming.

I'll be staying there more often!

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor and the 'curtain' was a Roman Shade. Completely covered the wi...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay.

As a Senior Contributor, you clearly know what to look for during your stay and we are glad that your experience here was a great one!

You mention that you will be staying here more often, we can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Great location, walk to the Daytona International Speedway, but beware that the rooms do no have FoxSports1 which means zero pre and post race coverage. Hard to understand as everyone staying there is there for racing. Breakfast is free but not edible, do yourself a favour and walk across the street to Denny's. Hot tub and pool are very clean and in good condition, rooms are updated and very comfortable. Nice clean place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay, we greatly appreciate it..

You mention our "great location," right next to Daytona International Speedway, and how clean the property is, we could not agree more! Our guests love the fact that they can walk to the track and never have to pay to park during the races, some guests never move their car once they check in for the week!

Cleanliness of the property is at the top of our list too, thank you for mentioning how clean the property is in your review.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your review, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

The hotel booked the wrong dates, but sent us an email confirmation with correct dates. Told us they were over booked and would find us another hotel for same rate 26 miles away. The staff called reservations several times and "out of the blue" the date was corrected and they had a room for us. That was after we waited almost 2 hrs. for the manager to come in and he couldn't be reached by phone. But in the meantime they had booked us another room and we were told that we would still have to pay for that room also or we had to call and try to reverse the charges to our credit card. The hotel is located next to Daytona International Speedway and they always had a mini bar set up and the race on TV for customers who were cold and tired. But they changed cable companies this year and we couldn't watch the race from the hotel and no mini bar. We were told several times that it's under new management company. Well bring back the old management company, the old cable provider and bring out the mini bar again!!!! We were very disappointed to say the least!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle Z
Dave B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Daytona Speedway / Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

I have researched your reservation and it does appear that when your reservation was originally made, it was made for the wrong date. That said, it would be impossible for us to make a reservation for one date and send a confirmation for another date, the system could only send a confirmation for the date that the reservation was made for.

We were glad that we were able to accommodate you on such short notice, on an evening there was a big race going on next door at Daytona International Speedway. It did take a few minutes to open up a room for you, but our staff was able to get the job done!

We have not changed cable companies, NASCAR now shows some races on channels that are not included in our current cable package, we are looking into expanding our existing channel selection to include those channels.

We are sorry that we did not set up the bar that night, typically when there is a night race going on at the track, most of our guests are at the track vs. staying at the hotel. Next time, please ask the staff for whatever you need and we will do our best to accommodate you.

Please contact me personally if you would like to stay with us again in the future, I will do all I can to ensure that your stay is an enjoyable one.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This stay for my was during an ice storm and what a nice staff, clean room, overall great. They were understanding and very helpful, even with the problems they were having with their own electricity in the power outages. I would stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Dave B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Daytona Speedway / Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay.

You mention our "nice staff and your clean room." Those are our two main areas of focus every day, we are glad that you both noticed and mentioned these areas as being the main reason that you enjoyed your stay and that you "would stay again."

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

A wonderful second visit and to my surprise it has been remodeled. Soon as you walk in you feel welcome. The Front desk staff is GREAT !! They actually remebered me and my wife from our last visit to the area. Special thanks to Jamie who kept our room clean and cozy. Hotel is very close to ERAU which made it very easy to visit my son at school.Will defintely make this our only place to stay when in Daytona.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Dave B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Daytona Speedway / Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Colin,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay.

As you mention, we have completely remodeled the property and we now have Daytona Beach's newest guest rooms! Thanks for mentioning our "great" staff and how "clean and cozy" your rooms was, our goal is to be Daytona Beach's cleanest and friendliest hotel!

We are glad to hear that we are the "only place that you will stay" when in Daytona, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.