“Awesome hotel on the beach!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lexington Inn & Suites
Ranked #25 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sebastian, Florida
“Awesome hotel on the beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

My sister and I recently spent two nights at the Lexington. We had an ocean-front efficiency with a full kitchen, sofa and two queen beds. We were so impressed with the cleanliness of the entire room! The bathroom was very clean! Small kitchen with a full size refrigerator with an ice-maker and two-burner cook top. Silverware, glasses and dishes are all supplied.Our balcony was directly facing the ocean on the 5th floor. We loved waking up to the sunrise and sounds of the ocean! Free breakfast included waffles, eggs, sausage, bagels, Danish, biscuits and gravy, fruit cup etc. And it was good! Hotel staff is friendly and very pleasant. We will definitely stay there any time we are in the Daytona area.

Room Tip: It's absolutely worth spending a few extra dollars for the oceanfront room!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rdm1207, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you so much for your comments. We here at the Lexington Inn & Suites take pride in what we do and want to make every guest feel as if they are the only guest in the Hotel. Customer service is the industry we are in and Customer Service is what will keep us above the rest.

Thank you again for your comments and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Polish first
Winter Haven, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

We checked in on a Sunday and the girls at the front desk were wonderful. The next day we had an issue with the toilet and i sent my teens down to front desk. The girl at the front desk,Brandy, was rude. She pretty much told the nice guy Frankie that he needed to handle it. She was very demeaning to him. He did try to fix it but when he couldn't he called front desk to ask to switch us and Brandy said there were no other rooms, come to find out there were. Frankie fixed our issue after many attempts.She didn't even offer to try. Frankie went above and beyond to make sure we were all ok. I was ready to leave because of her but Frankie provided amazing customer service. I stayed and was glad i did. Overall it was very pleasant as long as i don't have to talk to Brandy.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank stayblue42
rdm1207, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
First of all I wanted to say Thank you for your comments and your kind words about our associate Frankie. It is always nice as the Manager of the hotel to hear that my associates are showing great customer service.

Secondly, please let me apologize for the actions of my other associate mentioned. This is not common practice for any of my associates, nor is it something that I or my Hotel Brand stands for.

I truly hope that you enjoyed your stay and that Frankie's customer service will make you consider joining us again in the near future.

Orlando, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

This hotel is located on the ocean front. This means it takes a beating over the years with all the salt water, wind, weather, etc. However, they recently remodeled the rooms. My room was very large, clean, and newer. I had an ocean view which was nice. The balcony was very tiny, so I did not even go out there. The door to the balcony rattled whenever someone else opened or closed a door on the floor, but I wedged a magazine there and corrected that issue. The room had clean linens, clean carpet, flat screen TV, a nice size mini fridge, and decent bathroom and closet.

The staff at the hotel was very nice and friendly. No charge for parking which is nice, and no RESORT fees!! They had a nice hot breakfast in the morning down in the lobby area. Waffles, biscuits, cereal, muffins, you name it. Complimentary made it all the more tastier!

Granted, this is not the Ritz Carlton, but it is a decent place to stay for short term stay for the price. It is what it is - an older property that has seen a lot of visitors and weather, but has been updated, painted, and remodeled. I would stay here again for a one night stay.

Room Tip: Not much to see if you get a city view. Try an ocean view. I had a corner room that was very spaciou...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank GunsandHosesTravel
rdm1207, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
First off I wanted to Thank you for your most recent review of our hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience of the balcony door making noise, I will definitely look into that to make sure we can get things like that corrected. My staff and I take pride in our hotel and believe that we have something special here at the Lexington Inn & Suites. It is key for us to have people like you to help us spread the word about our hotel, so Thank You again for taking the time to talk a little about our hotel.
Northern Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I checked in late in the day and wanted a room with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. At check-in, I was told the room had a sofa bed however, that was not the case. The room was clean but not overly nice since it was rather small. They offered a free hot breakfast which was terrific.

Room Tip: Confirm the room location and type prior to payment.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank abcwoodcock
rdm1207, General Manager at Lexington Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for your most recent stay here with us. I am sorry to hear we were not able to accommodate your room request upon check in, but I hope that the staff friendliness and overall service made your trip worth while. We look forward to assisting you with any of your future Daytona Room needs.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I have had a horrible experience hear!!!!! City view instead of ocean view, it took over 30mins to check me into my room, the elevators look as if their going to fall apart, 6 am wake up to move my vehicle... This hotel and rooms look nothing like they display online have had a horrible experience!!

• Stayed January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
First of all let me say thank you for taking the time to fill out your information on TripAdvisor. This site is one of the many tools that I as a General Manager utilize to try and make sure we are doing everything possible to make each guests stay a Fantastic one.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was anything but perfect. We strive to make sure that every guest leaves the property happy. I hope that you will give us another shot in the future to prove to you that we are what you expect.

Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed here for the week over New Year's Eve. We did not have an ocean front view staying in their most basic accommodations. Our room was small, but thoughtfully laid out. Everything was clean and the bed was exceptionally comfortable. We weren't sure how long we were going to stay and added days one at a time. The hotel staff was very accommodating. We forgot to renew our room keys twice and were locked out, but it was quickly and cheerfully fixed by the front desk staff.

The staff was very friendly and happy to see my Labrador (she even got a treat)! I did make a complaint about other guests not picking up after their pets and would hope that the hotel starts to require some kind of pet policy be signed by their pet guests. I love to travel with my dog, and hate when a few bad guests ruin it for the responsible ones.

I received a great value and had an enjoyable stay, but the TV kinda sucks. They are HD tv's set up with standard cables and this makes the picture quality pretty bad. With the excellent location though we would never have noticed if it hadn't rained us out one day.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
First of all let me say thank you for taking the time to fill out your information on TripAdvisor and to say we appreciate your feedback. We try and make everyone's stay the best we can. So again allow me to say from the entire staff Thank You for choosing us for your room needs in Daytona Beach.

california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Judy upon check in was wonderful, we had a 2 room suite and it was comfortable 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms great for 4 adults, walked out on to the beach, for a small place breakfast included eggs etc. It is older, a little worn, but clean and you can not beat the location on the beach for the price.

Room Tip: See if there are any rooms facing the water
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
First of all let me say thank you for taking the time to fill out your information on TripAdvisor and to say we appreciate your feedback. Judy is one of our many Rockstars we have working here at the Lexington Inn and Suites. It is nice to hear positive feedback about my staff members, but to have one singled out by a happy guest is that much better. Thank you again from the Staff and Management here at the Lexington Inn & Suites and we hope that you will visit us again soon.