“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Great hotel for a reasonable price. A bit far away from the ocean but definately nice.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank Garyhernandez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I stayed here one night as I was in town for work. Overall, I was very happy with my selection. As it was the tourist off-season and there were no racing events taking place at the track, my total costs were only about $65 with tax. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms very clean and nice. The treadmill in the fitness center was old but workable. Breakfast was decent. Overall, the hotel exceeded my expectations. The only negative was they wouldn't give me a late check out even though it would have been very appreciated and convenient given my particular circumstances. It's conveniently located right next to the airport, but the minimum cab ride is $12 no matter how short a distance you are traveling. I very much appreciated the free wi-fi.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Being the regular place that I stay in Daytona for business it is welcoming to see my friend Amanda at the front desk who is always wonderful and takes such good care to make sure my needs are met. The beds are clean and very comfy for a very good nights sleep. On arriving I know I can completely relax as everything is ready for me after a long drive.

Room Tip: Rooms include a microwave and refrigerator
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Cally571
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We were impressed with our stay here, very nice, clean, the room was great, the bathroom felt like we were home, the beds were very comfortable. The lobby and breakfast area was bright and decorated nicely. We were pleasantly surprised at the variety of foods in the free breakfast and everything was delicious. The location was perfect as it is close to the highway and directly across the street from the speedway, we were able to watch all the hot rods drive by right outside our room, but once the door closed, we could sleep in peace and quiet. This was our first stay here, will definitely come back.Thanks. Jesus & Nancy Flores

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Nancy F
Deborah B, Manager at Quality Inn Daytona Speedway, responded to this review, 3 December 2011
Dear Nancy F.

All of our guests are appreciated here at the Quality Inn Daytona Speedway and when our guests enjoy themselves and take the time to let others know of their experience, we are greatly appreciative. Thank you and we look forward to your next trip and Daytona Beach and until then Happy Travels, Deborah Bailey, Manager
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This was my 5th stay at this motel. They are always very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is always great and free. Rooms are comfortable and excellent wifi connections. Amanda at the front desk was espicially nice and helpful.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Jim G
Queretaro, Mexico
Reviewed 22 November 2011

This is an older property that has been remodeled. No odors detected. The carpet was acceptable but had a few worn or cut areas. Not a big deal.

The bathroom area tile, while cleaned, just seems like it should be replaced. It doesn't look so great. I was a little nervous and bought a can of disinfectant and a roll of paper towels at a nearby Target and just for peace of mind, applied that. I suspect it would have been fine without this, but since we were going to be there for 4 nights, I figured it would not be a bad idea and "cheap insurance."

The bedding was nice. Very comfortable. The water pressure was excellent and the hot water could be made as hot as you could stand it and probably a little too hot is possible. The shower curtain oddly seems to allow some moisture to penetrate the curtain but it's not a big deal.

Apparently, all rooms now have large flat screen TVs installed. Our room was among the last few which were installed and I believe we were the very first guests to ever use the TV in our room. There was a mini fridge and micro which worked well.

The breakfast was fine. There is no variety from day-to-day so after a couple mornings, it was not too exciting. The gravy for the biscuits and gravy has sausage in it and was quite tasty. The coffee was reasonably good...better than average. Breakfast ends at 9 so don't sleep in too late.

The bathroom light died sometime Friday evening and we alerted the desk on Saturday morning. We could have survived without the light as the sink lighting was quite bright and with family, we could have just avoided invading anyone's privacy when needed. However, they offered to change our room or to try to get the light fixed (it might have needed maintenance due to the design of the fixture). We declined to change room and they said they'd ask the housekeeper to try to change the light and hope that this was all that was needed. Upon our return to the room that evening, the light was working. That was very good of the housekeeping.

Only negative was rather unfortunate. One evening I was trying to plug in my laptop behind the bedstand and from there one can note that there has been some remodeling and the "fit and finish" is a little rough. Unfortunately, I spotted a small cockroach (not the "palmetto bug" type). My activity made it move along and I couldn't figure out where it went. I would have dealt with it. I didn't want our room fumigated and frankly, this is Florida and a small cockroach is not the end of the world. It is the only issue that makes this a 4 out of 5 and not all 5. I did not mention this to the desk and should have for their knowledge but I suspect they have an extermination service routinely as that is a must in Florida. I did not see any other critters anywhere on the property so we just got a "stray" I'm sure.

The workers were all very conscientious and very eager to be helpful. They obviously want to develop their reputation and their property appearance. I think they're doing a very good job. I would stay there again. The price is reasonable and the room is a good value.

It is located right across the street from the Daytona Speedway and about a mile or so east of I-95 on U.S. 92. The entrance is only accessible on westbound 92 so one either needs to go further east and find a place to do a U-Turn, or turn north on Williamson (at the Target), right on Bayless, right on Fentress and then right on westbound 92. It's about one block on the right. It really was not a problem to get to it taking this simple route behind it and my Garman GPS was indicating this same route. There is a tire and/or muffler shop just to the east of this property.

This was mid-November 2011.

Room Tip: Nearby is a Chick-Fil-A, Five Guys, Panera, Chipotle, Target, Big Lots, World Market among many othe...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Alan_and_Beth
Dean Alan_and_Beth,

Seldom do we see such a thorough review and we are pleased that you took such care in your evaluation of your stay with us at the Quality Inn Daytona Speedway. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will consider staying with us again when you return to Daytona Beach. Until the next time, Happy Travels, Deborah Bailey, Manager
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Great place to stay for anyone around the Daytona International Speedway or just passing through. Friendly staff that will take care of you without question, close to plenty of good places to eat, shop and entertain. Rooms are very clean and quiet for being right on the Main street.

Will surely be staying there anytime I am up in the Daytona Speedway area.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront
Homewood Suites Daytona Beach Speedway - Airport
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
#8 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Best Western International Speedway Hotel

Been to Quality Inn Daytona Speedway? Share your experiences!