“treated badly!!!!”

Ranked #88 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Inverness, Florida
“treated badly!!!!”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We booked for Bike Week, had our reservations, were told they didn't have us listed. There were 6 of us with confirmations. Sent to Atlantic Budget after paying here. Turns out owners are related - this was a scam - they had our reservations as the booking service asked why we didn't register. Butdge terrible and cheaper - had to fight for the difference in price at the two hotels. I would never do business with any America's Best Value again.

Room Tip: don't know because we didn't stay
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Front desk clerk and maintenance man are wonderful and compassionate men who made my fathers (who is handicapped) last minuet stay in this hotel a pleasant one.they went or of their way to make an impossible situation not only possible but comfortable .the hotel is nice for the price but the service is priceless .

• Stayed March 2012
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The rooms are too small and there are bugs all over the place. The air smelled of must. My skin was itching because of bed bugs. Never go THERE

• Stayed February 2012

Travellers are raving about these Daytona Beach hotels

North Miami Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I stayed overnight with my husband and my 11 yr old brother. The place is really cozy and the staff was really friendly. If you are expecting the Hilton, then check in at the Hilton; it is a great place for the price you pay. :o)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 2 January 2012

I am a Value Club member of ABVI, so when I saw this hotel advertised, I selected it over other comparable hotels. First, when I arrived, the actual price I paid for a three day stay was a little more than was quoted online. The front desk manager offered to upgrade me..for a significant increase in price. (I thought as a member I could get a better deal than what was offered.)

The room we got, while clean, was near the road and had NOWHERE to hang clothes that were on a hanger except right under the TV stand. Even though it was a non-smoking room, there was a musty smell when we first arrived and the only blanket was the comforter on top of the bed. (This had a hole in it). We did have some difficulty with noisy neighbors, but given it was over New Year's, I'll discount that.

Most ABVIs have breakfast--this one does not. The parking is difficult to maneuver out of.
Our room key demagnetized one day early(!). (Trying to tell us something?)
To top it all off, we had asked the front desk clerk early on in our stay if we could have a 12:00 check out. He said no problem, "at no extra charge" We were surprised, when we received a knock at 11:00 from someone asking us if we were leaving or were staying another day. He was surprised when we told him of the arrangement.

I only give this a 3 star because the hotel is on the beach, the room was clean when we got there (although our bed was never made over a three day stay) and there is a nice lounge area near the pool. There are too many hotels in Daytona Beach, though, to recommend this one.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Daytona Beach, Florida
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Great small hotel,awesome pool and courtyard areas complete with water fountains that relax all your troubles away as you look over the ocean.I stayed couple of different times always clean and for the money you will not find a better place.Rooms all have tile and new paint,this is a nice small hotel that the owners have put a lot of work into.In the off season I stay for 40 a nite.I hope the word gets out this is a diamond out of all the little beachside hotels in Daytona Beach

• Stayed December 2011
Haines City
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I booked a single no-smoking room with king bed for 2 nights over the internet. The price was quite reasonable: $119 for two nights including 12.5% tax. I did notice, however, when I arrived that the sign in front of the hotel said "all singles $35. a night". I checked in and went right to my room. It was a large single room with tiled flooring. It was very clean, but had a very musty smell. There were 2 tiny cakes of soap in the bathroom and no shampoo. One of the 2 lights by the bed did not work. The room had an older tv, but was in good working order with a large number of channels from which to choose. Aside from the lingering odor, the room was ok.....and $119 for two nights is a bargain these days. Besides, the motel was directly on the beach and was attractive on the outside. My 2nd night was a nitemare! No fault of the motel, directly anyway. It seems they registered a large group of people around midnight. For a good 2 hours, these people hollered back and forth. The ones in the room above me made one heck of a racket all that time. One of their car alarms (just outside my room) went off 4 times. That led me to believe they were breaking into cars. They were not, however. Just wandering around the parking lot and making a lot of noise.
My second day, I decided to ask why I was not charged $35/nite. I was told that price was for just a few rooms that I definitely would not want to stay in. He even told me he would show me those rooms to prove that I wouldn't want them!
Anyway, for a room in a motel directly on the beach....the price is right. Barebones, clean but smelly.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo