“very tidy rite on the beach”

Econo Lodge Oceanfront
Ranked #57 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Very nice place. let me start with having ocean view room $109 being a morning person it was a great sunrise direct view from the room. For a small place, it is very very clean and has perfect friendly environment. I spend the weekend there and it was nice quiet environment for beach lovers.

Room Tip: take the oceanfront room if you're early person for a good sunrise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Veronika F

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I stumbled across this hotel. We were looking for a hotel to use our Choice Hotel points. Just a quick getaway. Upon arrival we were a little questionable. Small parking lot. We reserved a king size bed room. We entered the room and was very surprised. The room was huge. We didn't know it had a kitchenette either. The kitchen was like a full size kitchen. Full refrigerator, has a full size stove, plenty of counter space, and even had table with four chairs. The only thing I would say I missed was counter space in the bathroom. It just had a pedestal sink. Overall, this hotel was just fine for us. It was clean and employees were very nice and helpful. My husband and I already booked our next mini vacation in August here.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anakinboots
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

April 6/8 2014, very nice/small Kitchener/dishes@silverware...small park in lot..right around corner from pool/beach entrance...nice Sun deck..pool area not lit up at night..be careful..no walking distance restaurants,but o.k...$50.cash deposit,get back...understandable/people mess up rooms got to be careful...clean,nothing fancy..well go back...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marsha j
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a low budget last minute trip to Florida. I was skeptical when booking because I usually stay in choice hotels higer end brands. This hotel is very nice. Its clean, comfortable, and right on the ocean. If you book a oceanfront room you will be next to the pool, hot tub, and the infamous Daytona Beach. The staff takes a lot of pride in keeping this property nice. Hats off to Ivan the evening manager. He was very nice & helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank gpitchure
Reviewed 20 May 2014

If you want frills and shiny brand new, this isn't for you. If you want a clean room, quiet night's sleep at ocean front property for a more than reasonable price, this is for you. Staff was friendly and helpful. On arrival, we were able to check into our room 3 hours early. We had an oceanfront room, with a pleasant balcony. Pool/ hot tub area is lovely. Parking lot is a little tight- leave your monster truck at home. No noise all night- but that may be dependent on when you stay and who your neighbors are. This is a great place to stay if you are here for the BEACH- not for a fancy resort atmosphere. I have absolutely no complaints and plan to stay here again...and again....and again!

Room Tip: If you are oceanfront, second floor will allow a little more privacy from the pool area.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank CAROL P
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We placed a reservation to stay here during the Jeep Beach event. At some point during the day we were to check in they called my work phone and left a message saying they had to cancel our room due to maintenance issues. Being that it is my work phone, and Choice hotels has both my work and personal phone on file, I didnt have the work phone with me. So we arrived only to have the clerk tell us that they had cancelled our room because they overbooked the weekend. So the message they left about maintenance was a complete lie!!! During Jeep Beach there are no hotel rooms to be had the day of in Daytona Beach so we had to drive home. The place looked like a complete dump anyway, so maybe it was for the best. It looked like people were living there and there were people working on their cars in the parking lot and there were kids throwing rocks around all of the guest cars. DO NOT BOOK A ROOM AT THIS DUMP!!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank mnypitgarage
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is a great place! The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfy. When we checked in and were greeted by Ashlee ~ she is FANTASTIC!! Very was so personable and knowledgeable that I had to mention her. The location is great as well, it is a little over a mile to the Pier where we enjoyed rides and food, you can also choose to go the other directions to more sites like a lighthouse and an aquarium. What a great location if you were coming to Bike Week or the Daytona 500 too. There is a breakfast included which was well stocked and maintained (despite the lack of consideration of some of the customers). We walked out of our room and through the 'breakfast room' directly onto the pool patio. The pool is nice and was heated and the hot tub was HOT...which is a good thing! If you kept walking you were right on the beach! What a great beach it is too. Cars are driving up and down, the sand is very firm and the Ocean was active and warm! All in all, I think we found a new 'must do' on our next trip south.

Room Tip: We did not have an Oceanfront room, but if you decide to go that route - ask for the second floor fo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family