“scammed us $450 and pocketed the money” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Flamingo Inn
Ranked #5 of 25 Daytona Beach B&B and Inns
milwaukee
“scammed us $450 and pocketed the money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2008

awful, very rude management, small gross rooms, scammed us of $450.00 and poecketed the money, manager is constantly snooping around looking for people without wristbands, only paying customers are allowed on the property (this rule is strictly inforced, i personally witnessed 5 pr 6 people being escorted off the property) on the second day we were not ready when housekeeping came and kindly asked if she could come back later. about a minute later, the manager actually came into the room, and told us we had to leave so housekeeping could do their job. (he even kicked my friend who was still in bed) i honestly dont no how they stay in business.

• Liked — alright pool, nothing special though
  • Disliked — management, very very rude
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with friends
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank traveler875975784
Daytonahotels, Owner at Flamingo Inn, responded to this review, 30 March 2008
Thank you for your valuable input. We wish you all the best with your next vacation.

Merle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
bluff city, tn
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2008

Im sorry to say I never got to try this motel Me and my husband both tried calling the hotel to book our vacation several times and each time the phone was answered by someone who didnt understand English and kept saying " call back do not understand englay"
We called back a few times over that week and they kept asking "can you do online cannot understand good englay"
We finally gave up and said nah better not chance this ....

I suggest maybe having someone that can understand english to do the booking.

• Liked — dont know , the pics looked nice
  • Disliked — noone that answers in reservations can understand you ....
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wildstang1976
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2007

Our entire family made it back to the Flamingo Inn this year. It was as delightful as it was last year. The weather was perfect! We were able to enjoy our stay agian because of our exceptional housekeeper, friendly staff & just an ejnoyable well rounded place to be. The rooms are always clean & clean smelling. The house keeper this year was exceptional. The private pool area was perfect for our family. We were able to keep an eye on the grandkids easily near the pool. We always felt safe & welcomed by the staff. We will certainly be back next year! All 6 of us!

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank jasjannie
tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2007

I had read some of the reviews here and was a little reluctant to book the Inn but the pictures looked nice on their website and I thought maybe the negative reviews were from some of the wild riders or spring break crowds. Boy was I wrong. The things that most struck me odd as I arrived was the big sign that read: "We welcome families with well behaved children" and the surrounding buildings that appeared to be condemned property. (boarded up windows, etc., definately not a good area) I should have seen this as a sign of things to come but still decided to go ahead with it. I really don't want to attack the owners but I can verify what the other reviewers have said about their rudeness. The rooms were not bad but not at all as nice in person as was depicted on the website . I suppose those pictures were from the early days of the units. I did see into one near the office that was nice however. The "ocean front" room that I had booked (paying much more for as well) had only a small window facing the ocean that one could barely see the ocean from. The pool was small but clean and the grassy area near the beach was quite nice for sunning although very small. So we managed to have an OK time at the Flamingo Inn afterall. Then I received my credit card statement after getting home and found that they had charged nearly 200.00 to my card after we checked out that was in addition to the money we had paid for the rooms as contracted. When I contacted them about it of course they were rude and claimed that I was told about this charge which is not true. No offer to refund the over-charge so I am leaving it up to my credit company to deal with. My advice to anyone considering this hotel: Don't!

• Liked — pool was small but clean
  • Disliked — the owners attitudes
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank butterflydharma1
Beachlove, Manager at Flamingo Inn, responded to this review, 13 August 2007
When you made your reservation, you received a rate for 4 adults - over 4th of July long weekend - PEPSI 400. You did mention that your son was going to arrive on Tuesday, and would be staying for 5 nights. However, you omitted to inform management that that he had a wife and children with him. You were also informed on your confirmation that you received from us, as well as posted on the bulletin board, that you were entitled to 2 parking spots. You had your vehicle plus trailer and motorcycle. Your son and his family had another vehicle. Please understand that when you acknowledged receipt of your confirmation, you knew the rules and rates. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation, and wish you all the best in with your future vacations.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2006

the flamingo inn was one of the nicest places we have stayed at in daytona beach.
rooms were spotless & comfortable the property is nicely kept. the owners were very
nice and made you feel welcome. this will be the first place we will call when we come
back to daytona beach next time
thanks from karen & dave room 309

• Stayed July 2006
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2006

Dear Merle, aka Bird Lady
I just wanted to say thank you for Spring Break, it was the best week ever, and the hotel is awsome....I want to come back next year and do it all over again, anyways, thank you for putting up with all the crazy people that week,.........see you next year!
Becky and the girls from 209

• Stayed March 2006
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2005

I highly recommend this motel. The rooms were very clean. This is the first place I have stayed at that the bed smelled clean. While this is an older motel it is well kept, quiet and feels a little like home. Great place to stay if you aren't looking for things to keep children busy.