“"The Best little inn at Daytona Beach"”
Review of Flamingo Inn

Flamingo Inn
Ranked #5 of 23 Daytona Beach B&B and Inns
East Canaan, Connecticut, United States
“"The Best little inn at Daytona Beach"”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

If you are looking for friendly service, a beautiful ocean view and access straight to the beach, than look no further. The Flamingo Inn's staff is more than accommodating and their rooms are very clean and comfortable. My daughter and I recently spent 4 nights and 5 days in Daytona. I can not say enough about this Inn. It has easy access to the beach and is right on A1A which also gives you easy access to 95 and to the Daytona International airport. My daughter and I enjoyed
every minute of our vacation with beautiful views of the ocean, not to mention the clean pool area that also allows beautiful views. I will certainly will be back for another visit. I would recommend this Inn to anyone that wants a fair price and great service. Wonderful!!

Room Tip: I think the best room is the room where my daughter and I stayed room 106.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Daytonahotels, Manager at Flamingo Inn, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
We appreciate you choosing us for your Daytona Beach vacation. We strive to give our guests a fair price and clean room - the views speak for itself! After a long cold winter we want people to feel they are in a tropical environment while enjoying a view of the beach as well. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family, and we hope to see you again in future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My review is a little overdue. My husband, son and I stayed at the end of March for a couple days of Spring Break before heading into Orlando. I found the Inn online last minute and was not sure what to expect. I was very pleased with the personal attention we received at check in. Our room was very clean. It is true that the bathroom and kitchen needs a little update, but clean to me is more important than new! We had an ocean view room on the 3rd floor. It let us see the ocean and sit on our private balcony. It is literally on the beach with is great! The pool was open, but it is not heated and it was a bit too chilly for us to use at the time. I would love to go back and enjoy it someday. We loved the fact that even though the Inn does not have food service, there is a food truck that parked out on the beach! It was fairly priced and tasty for lunch. This was a great way to kick start our trip and I will be back!

Room Tip: The third floor rooms are nice, but there is no elevator if you have physical limitations.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank velvetnit
Daytonahotels, Manager at Flamingo Inn, responded to this review, 26 May 2013
We would like to thank the guest for taking the time to write a review about us. We appreciate her attentiveness to detail, and appreciating the beach and surroundings. We love well traveled people who have seen it all.
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

It's a nice place to being family. The staff was able to help us with whatever we needed!! They are very friendly. The room was awesome. Had an adjoining room and had 2 bathrooms which worked out great. The beach is literally right there. Not a far walk at all. The pool is nice and clean. The hotel is right in reach with everything that you need. I would most definitely stay at this lively hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013
Daytonahotels, Manager at Flamingo Inn, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and also for rating us so high in all categories.

It is nice to read that you felt our suite was comfortable. Many of our guests have the same compliments regarding our staff and housekeepers, so we try to keep it that way, thank you.

We all look forward to your return visit to Daytona Beach and the Flamingo, where you are always welcome. It was a pleasure to have you.
Lansing, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I was at the Flamingo Inn 6 days, 6 nights for a birthday getaway. The room and view were great. Beach access was excellent. In addition I was able to enjoy an unobstructed view of the beach from the pool area where I was able to enjoy a personal beverage. The owner was very cordial and was quite willing to accomodate my specific requests. I went with the idea of being able to unwind from my (high pressure) professional obligations and it was much better than anticipated. The Flamingo Inn is a great place to relax and get away from the "maddening" crowd. It is close to Daytona attractions either by car or public transportation. There was never a moment when I felt I was somewhere other than a most pleasant environment. I will definitely be returning,

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Irvin J
Daytonahotels, Manager at Flamingo Inn, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Thank you for spending time with us. There is nothing more satisfying than to hear you were able to relax in peace and quiet, so that you can be ready to return refreshed! We are not the most expensive hotel on the beach, but we strive to please. it was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again - a 5 star guest!
Woodland Park, Co
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This was dirty, trashy, and I am so very sorry I dragged my mother and aunt to this place for a vacation. The silverware was on the floor next to the trashcan under the sink, a shredded filthy couch was on the landing to watch the ocean, a fork was holding up the refrigerator shelf.
Don't stay here. It is awful.
Across the street is a tattoo and adult video store. The immediate area is not a place to walk alone.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
8 Thank BrendaO333
Daytonahotels, Manager at Flamingo Inn, responded to this review, 13 April 2013
Guests we would rather not have. Complaining about paying $89 for 3 adults in a large L-shaped room with king bed, double bed and sitting area, told us "single trailer" would be perfect for you. That is why were shocked to see your bicycle in the room - with total disregard of the black marks the tires left against a white entrance wall - that had to be repainted. Luxury comes at a price - more than $30 per person per day.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 7 April 2013

WE just left the Flamingo Inn this past week (April 2013). The hotel was clean and as always the service from hotel staff (Merle) was great. Plenty of room for all in our connecting rooms that had a king bed in one room and 2 double/queen beds in the other room. I traveled with my daughter, son in law and 3 grandchildren . We had ocean front room on the first floor this year and it was great. Not only did we have direct view of the ocean but the kids had a great grass area (yard) off the room to play. The Inn has a pool and the kids had a great time playing outside in the pool with Merle's granddaughter and other guests children. Great family oriented Inn! We are already planning next years vacation and will be back at the Flamingo Inn. Thanks to Merle and staff for a great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Daytonahotels, Manager at Flamingo Inn, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you for staying with us and writing a review again, Buffy! You know we love to have you and your family, and we look forward to seeing our return guests every year - as much as you look forward to getting some sunshine after a cold winter! Thank you for spending time with us and letting the kids have such a good time. We wish you a very happy year and look forward to seeing you again
Etobicoke, Ontario
Reviewed 8 February 2013

This was our 4th stay at the Flamingo Inn. If you want a quiet peaceful vacation, then this is the place. Friendly, Clean and Comfortable. A great patio beside the beach with a pool to relax and the beach access is at your door. Grocery store within walking distance and good parking.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Paul C
Daytonahotels, Manager at Flamingo Inn, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
It was so nice seeing you - we look forward to seeing our 5-star guests every time! Thank you for the beautiful family picture, aswell as the time you spent with us. We hope you will be able to cope with the blizzard, and hope to see you again for the next Rolex 24! We wish you a happy 2013.