“Excellent value, Good location”

Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn
Ranked #25 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This inn is in a good location. It is away from the busier Daytona Beach crowd and was close to my husband's family in town. The cost of the room was very good compared to other places on Daytona Beach. You have lounge chairs at the pool and in an area right beside the pool area that overlooks the ocean. The room was clean and well kept up. Decent ocean view from the room. No breakfast, but there is a good breakfast restaurant right across the street (Cracked Egg). Inn staff could be a little more friendly.They just didn't feel that welcoming. They were very quiet and didn't smile. Unfortunately the weather was cooler, windy and rainy during part of the weekend we were there. Didn't get to use the beach much. Due to high surf after storming, the beach was nowhere near as wide as it normally has been when we were here before. Would definitely stay at this inn again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank nursesar
There are newer reviews for Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn

Reviewed 12 May 2013

My wife, daughter, mother, and I stayed here for 3 of, what I would consider to be, the best nights of a 7 day florida vacation. The rooms were impressingly clean and incredibly cozy. We stayed in a room that had a kitchen, with a fridge, microwave, and a stove. We hit the local supermarket and did most of our before dinner meals right in our room. The pool was so comforting and was always at a warm temperature. If you're not the pool type, then the ocean is literally 20 paces away. My 2 year old had the time of her life running in and out of the water as the waves came rolling in. My wife and had a couple very romantic strolls on the beach while my mother watched the little one. At night, we kept our windows open and fell asleep to the crashing of the waves and the smell of the sea water was just what I needed to forget about work and all the other stressful things. The staff was always courteous and super helpful with anything we needed.I'm going back next year and I am counting down the days! I highly recommend staying here. Awesome time!

Room Tip: All the rooms were great but if you're going to stay more than one night I would recommend getti...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This is an older style motel, nothing fancy, in a great location , right on the beach. There is also a small pool and a handy coin operated washing machine and dryer.

Room very spacious, equipped with fridge and microwave. WIFI was free and very fast. Ample free parking.

Would recommend.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ostan14
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We stayed three nights (April 10 - 13) and we really enjoyed our time there. We had an efficiency and it was spotless. The staff was friendly and helpful. Wonderful view of the beach and very convenient. We liked how it was a smaller facility which meant you didn't have to walk miles to get to the pool, beach, car, etc.

We only have two minor complaints. The kitchen had no counter space so making meals was a challenge but there really isn't any solution to that - just be aware of it. Also within the first day of our arrival, three of my four family members tripped and fell over the shuffleboard area. We had been to the beach and didn't realize there was a small lip from the seating deck to the shuffleboard and then again up onto the parking area. I skinned my knee and my camera flew across the concrete so watch your step!

If you like a quiet beach front place, then this it! Hardly anyone around so relax and enjoy your visit.

Also check out the webcam on the hotel's webpage. That's a fun way to check out the area before you go!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my boyfriend for a day trip to Daytona from Orlando. It is right on the beach, the view is gorgeous! The stairs down to the beach are well maintained. Wifi worked wonderfully, the fridge and microwave were very useful. Everything was clean, the rooms did not smell. The room was large and the beds were comfortable! It was too cold outside to use the pool but it looked clean and had a great view of the ocean!! The "sanitary remote" was perfect for any person who hates the typical gross hotel remote.

The location of the hotel was perfect. Close enough to the boardwalk and close to my favourite... Denny's (especially since there's no continental breakfast)!

I would stay here again, the employees were friendly, it had everything I needed for an affordable price. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My family had a reservation for April 4-7, 2013, unfortunately we had to cancel a week before our arrival date due to my 93 year old grandmother had become critically ill & travel was not advised. I expressed this to Erica, who said she was the manager & was told that they do not issue a refund of the deposit for cancellations. I also offered to send the doctor's note that I had to obtain for our refund at another resort in Orlando we were staying at when we left Daytona but was told that it would not be accepted & still no refund was going to be issued. I have to say that I am truly disappointed that we are not only unable to have our family vacation this year but that we are unable to get the deposit back. Family has to come first. Erica also stated that she woud "pray for your grandmother but that because we are a mom & pop resort we cant be nice to everyone because we would go out of business by issuing refunds to everyone." I was highly offended by her uncompassionate attitude & unwillingness to help & be understanding in this difficult time. Giving refunds to deserving guests that have a medical emergency & unable to keep the reservation is not what is going to cause you to go out of business, it is your lack of compassion & morals that will cause you to go out of business. I did not see this policy anywhere on the website as she said it was and I was never told of this when I personally booked the reservation on the phone, although I did see it on the confirmation email. This trip was booked in early January & there was no way to know that we would have to cancel our trip that long ago. I chose this resort based on the good reviews that I read on the different sites but contrary to what some of them said, I did not find the staff to be friendly at all. I will definately pass the word onto my many biker friends that are always looking for a place to stay in Daytona. They have not only lost me as a guest but many other potential guests. I would have been willing to stay there if we had the chance to reschedule our vacation for another time but not now. I understand there are policies put in place for a reason; however there are times when legitimate reasons override the policy should the establishment allow it. Unfortunately, that is not the case here so now I am out money for a stay that is not going to happen & left with a bitterness for this resort & its staff. Please consider this review when choosing to stay at this resort, if it happened to me, it can happen to you! Erica, I can only hope for you that you are never put in this position but if you are, I hope you find that you are treated a lot better than you treated me & my family.

Christy Chavis
Virginia

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank Cchavis06
hoteldaytona, Owner at Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear Ms. Chavis,

Per our previous conversation, I am truly sorry to hear of your situation and still offer my prayers and positive wishes.

I'm glad you were able to find the time during this difficult period for your family, to review our property. We appreciate all feed back.

As a small business, we must adhere to our policies. I absolutely did offer you the option to use your deposit at a later date. In cases such as yours, I offer a 30 day period and often consider longer periods for guests to make a date change.

You chose not to accept the offer. You were insistent upon a refund of the one night’s stay deposit that you were charged in accordance with our policy, at the time you made your reservation on January 14, 2013. Regarding your statement about not being aware of the policy; it was stated at the time you made your reservation on 1/14/13. It was also stated on your confirmation letter, which was emailed to you on 1/15/13, and it can be view on our home page when you click POLICY at the bottom of the page or at:

As far as your inaccurate quote, I did say that I would pray for your grandmother and I also stated that as a small family run business if I issued a refund for one person, it would not be fair if I did not issue refunds to everyone. I simply could not run a business that way. This is why we have a policy that we follow strictly. Once again, I will point out that you were offered the opportunity to change your dates. I offered what I could, to help you in a situation that is completely out of my control. You chose not to accept it.
I'm sorry to hear that you will not consider us in the future.

I do offer my best wishes to you and your family.

Kindest Regards,

Erica Obrochta
The Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn

Reviewed 7 March 2013

I've been coming here since 1998 with my daughter, since her graduation and my new marriage I've introduced my husband to this nice quiet place. He will not stay anywhere else when we are in Daytona, for that fact he doesn't want to go anywhere else but here. It is on the beach, you can't ask for anything better. We stay in a ground floor room, sometimes just a standard room and sometimes with a kitchenette, either way they are clean and just an all around great place to stay. If we ever have issues, they are right there helping anyway they can. They are close to gift shops, miniature golfing, restaurants all with in walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple