“Best place in Daytona Beach!”

Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn
Ranked #25 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Hickory Hills, Illinois
“Best place in Daytona Beach!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I have just come home from my vacation stay at this hotel. I had an amazing experience. The rooms are clean and spacious. The hotel staff is very accommodating to all requests. They answer questions about the hotel and about the surrounding area.

I never had a problem with parking either. My vacation group drove nearly two days to get to this destination, and we had immediate relief when we arrived. Clean, friendly, spacious, good location - all the trimmings of a fantastic hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Teresa K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Polish first
Gurnee, Illinois
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I have been to the Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn several times before on past vacations. Part of the reason I keep coming back is the consistent service and standards of the hotel. Another reason I keep coming back is because of the non-smoking rooms. I understand that some people who do go on vacation will still smoke when they are told that it is a non-smoking room. In the event this does occur, the staff at Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn deodorizes the room in a very through way. If a hotel guest does want to smoke in a hotel room, I am sure there are other hotels that would be more accommodating for them. I mention this information because I have respiratory problems.

Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn is also very close to the Atlantic Ocean, so I am sure vacationers will enjoy that information. Museums and other attractions are also not far from the hotel either. The hotel also has plenty of restaurants and other amenities that are close by.

Once again, I would strongly suggest the Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn to anyone who is going to the Daytona Beach area for the first time, has visited before in the past, or if anyone needs to stay the night in the Daytona Beach area.

Terryville, Connecticut
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My family and I have stayed here for several years. The hotel is clean and quite and is directly on the ocean. Having a kitchen is a plus when traveling with the entire family. It's well worth every dollar and I would recommend this to friends and I have.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 3 August 2013

In the past, we have given five stars and had a pleasant stay. This time, the room was great, as was the pool, lots of new benches, loungers, etc. This time, our visit was spoiled by some of the staff. We were simply on edge the entire time. Upon arriving, we were stared at by the only male staffer and I felt that I needed to wave my confirmation print out, just in case. I asked at the desk if my brother in law could be added to our visit - I was willing to pay the extra fee, no problem - and I was told 'yes' he could stay but not his car; that he would need to move it by 6 pm or it would be towed. Was then told unhelpfully that he could park on the vacant lot across the street, but would probably be towed. When I explained that he would not be staying because of this, I thought the issue was over. Later, though, I was called in my room and asked how many cars I came with, and again informed that my visiting bros in law needed to move his car, or he would be towed. That night, I went to the office to ask for an extra pillow, and was told I was "lucky" that they had "one". On our last day, my daughter was using the pool, and was crossing from the shallow end to the deep, and this staff guy passed through saying, "Stay off the rope.The inspector will shut us down if the rope comes unattached." Cleaning staff by contrast were amazing, and helpful. Sorry, guys, we're not coming back.

Room Tip: The efficiencies are a good value for the thrifty traveler.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
hoteldaytona, Owner at Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to review our property. I am glad to see that you gave us high marks for value, location, rooms, sleep quality and cleanliness. I am happy that you enjoyed your clean room and the pool and deck area. I find it disheartening that you had an unpleasant experience with some of our staff. We take all feedback very seriously. I will be addressing this issue with all of our staff. We do have policies in place for the benefit of everyone's safety. However, issues should be addressed in a friendly and professional manner. I'm sorry we were unable to provide parking for a second vehicle for you. As a small beachfront property, we can only accommodate parking for one vehicle per room, as stated in our policy. This is especially enforced during our busy summer season, so we can provide each guest room one place to park. At the time you stayed with us, we were at full capacity. If we allowed an additional vehicle to park here, it would surely have left someone without parking. If we had the available parking, we would have gladly accommodated your extra vehicle. I do hope you will reconsider staying with us again in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Erica Obrochta
Martinsville, Indiana
Reviewed 31 July 2013

As always we had a fantastic time! We were there end of June to July 6. The staff were very nice and the owners were also very nice & helpful!We are looking forward to coming back next year.The pool was nice & so were the rooms.We had some very good waves to boogieboard with! From BOOGIEBOARD MIKE

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We just came home from 12 wonderful days here. We stayed here last year and loved so we returned again this year to love it again so we booked for next year already. This place is so convenient to everything. It is right on the ocean and they also have a pool and patio area. There is laundry facility, gas grill available to use. I woke up everyday by 5am just to go sit on the patio to watch the sunrise it is so beautiful here. All the staff is so kind and curtious. This place is a great place whether your a couple, single, or for the entire family. It is also the cheapest place we found on the ocean, that had nice clean and quiet rooms.
I noticed someone else wrote a review which was total lies because they stated there were water slides, etc, and saying the place was not nice and none of that is true, so I tend to believe they reviewed the wrong property on this site.

Joe & Brenda Milke
Chicago, IL

Room Tip: Some rooms are full kitchenettes, but they all have fridge and micro. Coffee pots are available if n...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brenda60804
Gurnee, Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My family and I stayed for a few days at the Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn in Daytona Beach, FL from June 27 2013 to July 5 2013. We had an excellent time during our stay. The Non-Smoking room was clean and comfortable. The pool at the hotel was cool and clear. All of the hotel employees were very professional, especially the evening hotel staff. The Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn is a great place to stay when visiting Daytona Beach.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
Beachside Hotel
Beachside Hotel
#37 of 72 in Daytona Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront

Been to Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn? Share your experiences!