“Good Stay”

Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn
Ranked #25 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed here from 11/10/13 to 11/16/13 and had a good stay. We were on the third floor in room 304 which is a non-kitchen room, but it had a mini-fridge and microwave. I'll echo previous comments that it's very clean, quiet, and in good repair.

Contrary to the previous post, the hotel does have an elevator and I used it multiple times during our stay, particularly during loading and unloading our vehicle. It was in good operational order and is located up near the office next to the ice machine/laundry room.

The room doors have deadbolt locks for security in addition to the electronic roomkey locks.

The mini-fridge has a small freezer space at the top. Shelves in the mini-fridge are adjustable and able to be taken out if needing more room for taller items.

We didn't use the pool during our stay, but we're not "pool people" at any time nor place. The hotel does have easy access to the beach via just a few short steps.

Housekeeping was excellent during our stay, even on the very nasty weather day we had when winds were blowing at 60 MPH (11/13/13). We were never in want of towels, soap, or t.p. as she kept us stocked every day.

The location is south of the main Daytona boardwalk area by a few miles, but it is on the drivable portion of the beach with a beach ramp just down from the hotel. It's also within 1/2 mile of the Dunlawton bridge.

There's very little counter space in the bathroom sink area, so I suggest bringing some suction-cup holders to hold your personal items if you have a lot of them like I do. Also, I always pack portable "over the door" hooks and I needed both of them in this bathroom as there are not hooks at all.

There's also not much counter space on the clothes dresser because of it's small size, and I would like to see more drawer space as we didn't have enough for two people.

During our stay, a huge load of matresses arrived and were unloaded, so I anticipate there will be new bedding in many of the rooms very soon.

This is a pet-friendly location, but we were never disturbed by any residual noise up on the third floor; I believe all the pet rooms are located on the first floor. However, we were there on a very slow week with not a lot of lodgers, so I don't know if this might be a problem at other times or not.

Overall, despite some "iffy" weather days, we had a good stay.

Room Tip: Rooms with the lowest numbers are on the beach end of the building; the lower the number, the better...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kat_Cubs_fan
hoteldaytona, Owner at Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We greatly appreciate your feedback. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at our property. We are very excited that all of our rooms have new mattresses, including the one you stayed in. The third floor rooms had new mattresses put in a few months ago. I'm glad that you were pleased with our housekeeping staff. They do a wonderful job. I'm sorry you found the bathroom and dresser counter space to be inadequate. Our efficiency rooms are designed for longer stays. For just a few dollars more, they offer a full kitchen area, larger bathroom counter top and a larger, wider dresser. I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Daytona Beach Shores!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is an excellent place for comfort, value, and location. Some amenities are missing (shampoo, a hook on the back of the bathroom door, a TV guide), but overall it's a great deal for the price. Maintenance is outstanding-- everything fresh and clean and in good repair. Really nice grounds; parking recently resurfaced. Rooms are clean and large, beds comfortable. We had an efficiency with a full kitchen + microwave and coffee maker. Excellent air conditioner. The pool is very nice but the water was too cold. (I don't know if it's heated.) No elevator, so we opted for first floor. No chain on the door so I was a little concerned about security; however, this is the quiet end of DB and we had no problems at all. We will be back!

Room Tip: Only one room per floor faces the ocean. Lower-numbered rooms are closer to the beach/pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Joeker277
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I was looking for an affordable hotel to stay with my wife as our first getaway, and I stumble upon this hotel. I was quite please on both price and location! it was right on the beach. The hotel is very family friendly. No noise at night and the otel ofers you the chance to use their outdoor grill if you want to grill.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stan L
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We had a wonderful time at the Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn during the week of Oct. 6th. This is the latest of many trips to Daytona and we always stay here. This facility is very nice, reasonably priced and located right on the beach. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms, pool, parking and deck area are maintained and always clean. The efficiency rooms will connect to a standard room, via internal door. If you have children or traveling with another couple, this will give you a kitchenette, four beds and two baths making it a two bedroom/bath apartment. This is something that can be hard to find.

I recommend you stay at the AOPI and give them a chance to make your visit to Daytona Beach a great experience.

Room Tip: There are several options of rooms so ask or got to their web site and check.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rodger1944
Reviewed 11 October 2013

coming back and can't wait to see the ocean just steps away and all the nice people will be there as often as can happen. Nice relaxing place with all kinds of things to do and places to see. Never boring will be there in November and already getting ready for a fun and relaxing vacation.

Bern

Room Tip: great place to stay
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank bjr2001
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I was there for three days during summer weekend and it was very good.Not expensive ,the beach right there ,nice, familiar place. I recommend to every body.The beach was very clear and evn they have a swimming pool which was always clean. very early in the morning you could see all family members from that business helping around.My room was in 3rd floor but I never used elevator because it was just 2 stairs easy to climb and it helped me get in shape.The neighborhood is beautiful it has a good location so we could even go an have a tour to Speed way.I am coming back again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trip215
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I have just come home from my vacation stay at this hotel. I had an amazing experience. The rooms are clean and spacious. The hotel staff is very accommodating to all requests. They answer questions about the hotel and about the surrounding area.

I never had a problem with parking either. My vacation group drove nearly two days to get to this destination, and we had immediate relief when we arrived. Clean, friendly, spacious, good location - all the trimmings of a fantastic hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends