We stayed here from 11/10/13 to 11/16/13 and had a good stay. We were on the third floor in room 304 which is a non-kitchen room, but it had a mini-fridge and microwave. I'll echo previous comments that it's very clean, quiet, and in good repair.
Contrary to the previous post, the hotel does have an elevator and I used it multiple times during our stay, particularly during loading and unloading our vehicle. It was in good operational order and is located up near the office next to the ice machine/laundry room.
The room doors have deadbolt locks for security in addition to the electronic roomkey locks.
The mini-fridge has a small freezer space at the top. Shelves in the mini-fridge are adjustable and able to be taken out if needing more room for taller items.
We didn't use the pool during our stay, but we're not "pool people" at any time nor place. The hotel does have easy access to the beach via just a few short steps.
Housekeeping was excellent during our stay, even on the very nasty weather day we had when winds were blowing at 60 MPH (11/13/13). We were never in want of towels, soap, or t.p. as she kept us stocked every day.
The location is south of the main Daytona boardwalk area by a few miles, but it is on the drivable portion of the beach with a beach ramp just down from the hotel. It's also within 1/2 mile of the Dunlawton bridge.
There's very little counter space in the bathroom sink area, so I suggest bringing some suction-cup holders to hold your personal items if you have a lot of them like I do. Also, I always pack portable "over the door" hooks and I needed both of them in this bathroom as there are not hooks at all.
There's also not much counter space on the clothes dresser because of it's small size, and I would like to see more drawer space as we didn't have enough for two people.
During our stay, a huge load of matresses arrived and were unloaded, so I anticipate there will be new bedding in many of the rooms very soon.
This is a pet-friendly location, but we were never disturbed by any residual noise up on the third floor; I believe all the pet rooms are located on the first floor. However, we were there on a very slow week with not a lot of lodgers, so I don't know if this might be a problem at other times or not.
Overall, despite some "iffy" weather days, we had a good stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean front comfort! The beautifully maintained, family owned and operated, ocean front location provides an ocean view from every clean, bright and spacious room. Each unit is furnished with a microwave and refrigerator. We offer free Wi-Fi everywhere on the property. Efficiency units are also available. Small pets(up to 20 lbs.) are welcome with advance arrangements in designated rooms only with a surcharge. Some rooms may have a limited view, as they are located on the first floor. Experience a quiet, affordable beach vacation at our award winning facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Ocean Palm Hotel Daytona Beach
- Atlantic Ocean Palm Motel
- Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn Daytona Beach, Florida