“Terrific stay!”

Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn
Ranked #26 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is terrific! Wonderful staff, very clean and right on the beach . Pool, coffee in the lobby, lots of restaurants just a walk away. There is also a very nice pool and deck with lots of seating and umbrellas. We will definitely return!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
hoteldaytona, Owner at Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at the Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with our great staff, ocean front sun deck and pool. We hope to welcome you back to beautiful Daytona Beach Shores soon!

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel cant be any closer to the beach . my son loved it great staff. rooms could use a little update but location and price and great staff makes up for it amply good. have great restaurants real close by and the view to die for.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank anish2011
hoteldaytona, Owner at Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to review our property! I'm very happy to see that you and your son enjoyed yourselves at the Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn. It is our mission to provide our guests with an enjoyable stay. We hope you will stay with us again during your next visit to beautiful Daytona Beach!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

For less than $60 a night I doubt you could do better. This smaller size hotel is clean and has comfortable beds. The hotel has a laundry, free parking, swimming pool and is located on the beach. We chose a room with a bar fridge and microwave which was slightly more expensive. The rooms are a little dated in their decor. There is a common verandah, however, the angular layout allows some privacy and there are a couple of chairs outside each room. There is a diner and a few restaurants within walking distance. There is an elevator near the office.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SusanPerth
hoteldaytona, Owner at Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review, and Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn. We take great pride in providing all of our guests with clean, comfortable rooms at an excellent price. All of our rooms have a small refrigerator and microwave for our guests convenience and we do have various room layouts with full kitchens as well. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you stay with us again, should you return Daytona Beach!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We stay two or three times a year and always have had a great stay. Staff and owners are just wonderful and do what is possible to accommodate requests. It is also an excellent value especially considering the several rooms have cooking abilities along with all you need to cook (pans, plates, cups utensils). It is clean and everything gets updated or repaired. There is a pool and grill - I cannot think of anything you could not need that they do not have. You just cannot go wrong staying at this motel.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
hoteldaytona, Owner at Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our property! It is our pleasure and honor to provide our guests with the best possible service we can offer. I’m happy to hear that you enjoy our efficiencies with full kitchens. We like to think of our property as a “home away from home” for all of our guests. If you should ever need anything, please do not hesitate to ask. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed here from 11/10/13 to 11/16/13 and had a good stay. We were on the third floor in room 304 which is a non-kitchen room, but it had a mini-fridge and microwave. I'll echo previous comments that it's very clean, quiet, and in good repair.

Contrary to the previous post, the hotel does have an elevator and I used it multiple times during our stay, particularly during loading and unloading our vehicle. It was in good operational order and is located up near the office next to the ice machine/laundry room.

The room doors have deadbolt locks for security in addition to the electronic roomkey locks.

The mini-fridge has a small freezer space at the top. Shelves in the mini-fridge are adjustable and able to be taken out if needing more room for taller items.

We didn't use the pool during our stay, but we're not "pool people" at any time nor place. The hotel does have easy access to the beach via just a few short steps.

Housekeeping was excellent during our stay, even on the very nasty weather day we had when winds were blowing at 60 MPH (11/13/13). We were never in want of towels, soap, or t.p. as she kept us stocked every day.

The location is south of the main Daytona boardwalk area by a few miles, but it is on the drivable portion of the beach with a beach ramp just down from the hotel. It's also within 1/2 mile of the Dunlawton bridge.

There's very little counter space in the bathroom sink area, so I suggest bringing some suction-cup holders to hold your personal items if you have a lot of them like I do. Also, I always pack portable "over the door" hooks and I needed both of them in this bathroom as there are not hooks at all.

There's also not much counter space on the clothes dresser because of it's small size, and I would like to see more drawer space as we didn't have enough for two people.

During our stay, a huge load of matresses arrived and were unloaded, so I anticipate there will be new bedding in many of the rooms very soon.

This is a pet-friendly location, but we were never disturbed by any residual noise up on the third floor; I believe all the pet rooms are located on the first floor. However, we were there on a very slow week with not a lot of lodgers, so I don't know if this might be a problem at other times or not.

Overall, despite some "iffy" weather days, we had a good stay.

Room Tip: Rooms with the lowest numbers are on the beach end of the building; the lower the number, the better...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kat_Cubs_fan
hoteldaytona, Owner at Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We greatly appreciate your feedback. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at our property. We are very excited that all of our rooms have new mattresses, including the one you stayed in. The third floor rooms had new mattresses put in a few months ago. I'm glad that you were pleased with our housekeeping staff. They do a wonderful job. I'm sorry you found the bathroom and dresser counter space to be inadequate. Our efficiency rooms are designed for longer stays. For just a few dollars more, they offer a full kitchen area, larger bathroom counter top and a larger, wider dresser. I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Daytona Beach Shores!

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This is an excellent place for comfort, value, and location. Some amenities are missing (shampoo, a hook on the back of the bathroom door, a TV guide), but overall it's a great deal for the price. Maintenance is outstanding-- everything fresh and clean and in good repair. Really nice grounds; parking recently resurfaced. Rooms are clean and large, beds comfortable. We had an efficiency with a full kitchen + microwave and coffee maker. Excellent air conditioner. The pool is very nice but the water was too cold. (I don't know if it's heated.) No elevator, so we opted for first floor. No chain on the door so I was a little concerned about security; however, this is the quiet end of DB and we had no problems at all. We will be back!

Room Tip: Only one room per floor faces the ocean. Lower-numbered rooms are closer to the beach/pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Joeker277
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I was looking for an affordable hotel to stay with my wife as our first getaway, and I stumble upon this hotel. I was quite please on both price and location! it was right on the beach. The hotel is very family friendly. No noise at night and the otel ofers you the chance to use their outdoor grill if you want to grill.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple