“have had better”

Ranked #26 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Henley-in-Arden, United Kingdom
“have had better”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

all the equipment for cooking was old and well used, So to be honest I would not have felt comfortable using the equipment provided, thank god for all the local restaurants, Would I go back sorry NO the bed linen was well used, place needs a total revamp decorating curtains new beds, this is a cheap motel and for people on a very low budget I suppose its ok. but I for one expect better and would pay more to get better, I read the reviews before I went and cannot believe that this place has any good reviews. and it looks totally out of place between two fantastic hotels. its like Butlins in the USA (only worse)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Ann G
hoteldaytona, Front Office Manager at Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to post your feedback. I'm sorry to see that you were not pleased with your stay. I wish you'd have mentioned any issues you may have had to our staff during your actual stay. We can't remedy simple things like "well used" cookware for you now, but we could have easily replaced it for you while you were here. We make every effort to make our guests comfortable and to provide great amenities. As an economy property, we strive to provide services that exceed our guests expectations. I apologize if we fell short in meeting your standards. I hope you will find a property better suited to your needs during your next stay to beautiful Daytona Beach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Right on the beach, clean rooms, good customer service. Definitly worth the 80$. 10 minutes from boardwalk driving. Very quiet. I would stay again.
Decent pool with good amenities. Close to everything yet far enough from the crowds so it is very peaceful. Mostly families

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Eli G
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The helpful and friendly staff made our visit a very positive one. We will definatly return there very soon. The beach access was a very easy few steps down to the beach. It would be great if they had a ramp for the handicapped guests

Room Tip: Every room has an ocean view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vince T
hoteldaytona, Front Office Manager at Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you very much, for taking a moment to post your comments. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed for a week and my sister and I shared a basic room with no kitchen. Upon arrival staff members were pleasant and the room was clean and spacious. On the third day of our visit we noticed what we thought were fruit flies in our room. We attributed this to the moist climate although we had no kitchen and no food in the room to attract them. By the end of the week it was clear these bugs (which were now an array of sizes) were spilling out of a crack in the wall above the vanity, and totaling in the hundreds. We made the front office aware of the issue and she offered me a can of bug spray. I explained the hole was the issue and there were dead bugs everywhere that had accumulated because housekeeping ignored them. She said "well im the only one here, I can spray but you will have to wait until tomorrow for maintenance to close the hole" she was nice enough to clean up all the dead bugs too. We didnt know if these flying bugs were in our luggage and we both came home covered in itchy bites.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Nancy L
hoteldaytona, Front Office Manager at Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to post your comments. I'm happy to see that you found our rooms clean and spacious. I apologize that you had an unpleasant experience at our property. We have addressed all of the issues that you experienced and appreciate that you were kind enough to let us know there was an issue. I'm glad our staff was able to address the issue for you in a timely manner.
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I came to stay here because i wanted a place I could prepare meals at. The kitchen is poor and lacking almost every tool need to say the least.. But the worst part of our stay was the service. We had four people in out room and kept being given only having three towels. So having my two little ones in the bath after the beach around 3:00pm I called down to the front desk and requested a towel I was told I would need to go pick one up from the Lobby... Which I clearly couldn't do and said I really needed someone to bring it to me. When the lady arrived she hands me the towel with a pissed off look and walked away... seriously!!! We had a few other requests such as a trash can liner room spray for the smell and were never accommodated. Not sure if they need more staff or new staff but very unhelpful and bad experience.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Briepaschal
Thank you for taking a moment to post your comments. We appreciate all feedback from our guests. I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. Our kitchenette rooms provide a full stove and oven, refrigerator, microwave, sink, preparation counter and basic dishes and utensils. We do have extra utensils available upon request. Our kitchens do provide a bit more than most kitchenettes do, however, they are only a basic version of what you may be used to having at your home. I do apologize that we did not have enough towels in your room, but 3 towels is our standard amount supplied, unless a request in made, housekeeping will only leave 3 towels at a time. I will address your comments with our desk and housekeeping staff to avoid any communication errors in the future. Thank you again, for your feedback.
Scott Depot, West Virginia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

In June I stayed there in room 201 and had to leave the door open due to the musty, mold smell ! Manager says he doesn't have any kind of musty odor or mold but there was a dehumidifier running in the room .We should have known better than to stay smelling and seeing the dehumidifier but we were in a rush to call in the day !

Room Tip: I would suggest your finding somewhere other than this hotel to stay especially if I had children be...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Robin5800
hoteldaytona, Front Office Manager at Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to post your comments. We appreciate all feedback: positive or negative. I wish you would have contacted the office when you were at the property, so we could have at the very least had an opportunity to put you in a different room. We are a family friendly property and I find your comments about not bringing children here, a bit offensive. As an ocean front property, we are constantly trying to prevent and avoid any issues with moisture, which is the reason why we proactively use dehumidifiers in ALL of our rooms. We are vigilant about moisture in our rooms, and all rooms are checked on a daily basis. Unfortunately, there are rare occasions in which we may fall short. Once again, I am sorry about any discomfort you may have experienced. There is not much I can do about it after the fact, other than apologize and respond to your TripAdvisor and Facebook commentary. I hope you have a better day, and I hope you will find a property better suited for you on your next trip to beautiful Daytona Beach.
tampa, fl
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The staff was very helpful and accommodating and the place was good for the price. Right on the ocean, nice view, and good room. While I was not a fan of the beds and it hurt my back very bad, I enjoyed my overall experience. Katherine was superb at the front desk and went out of her way to make sure I had a good stay. Would likely stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a view of the beach and the place is small so very interactive with other guests.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank rleeroush
Thank you for taking a moment to post your comments. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is to make guests feel welcome and at home. Katherine is a wonderful part of our staff. I'm sorry to see that you were not comfortable with our beds. We recently upgraded these mattresses last fall. They do tend to be on the firmer side. We hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Daytona Beach.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze
Sun Viking Lodge
Sun Viking Lodge
#5 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores

Been to Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn? Share your experiences!