“Clean!!!”

Days Inn Daytona Beach Downtown
Ranked #48 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Needed to find a cheap place real quick while down here looking to relocate. This place was right in our budget and all the reviews seemed to say it was clean so we took a chance. You won't be disappointed there. It was very, very clean. The staff was very friendly and there is also a nice pool as well. It's not a 5 star hotel but for those that can't afford one, this place fits the bill and it's near to everything you could need.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank babzee11131960

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I has a smoking room and it was evident. I'm not sure what one would expect for the price. I was traveling and was only going to need to stay there for a few hours. So it served its purpose. It looked like some peeple partied really hard in the room I was in. Burn everywhere and a patched hole in the wall.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Bhupi P, Manager at Days Inn Daytona Beach Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on trip advisor. Your comments are very inportant to me.
You were resitered into a room that was scheduled for repair, before it was completed.
When you are in the area again, please let us provide a better experience.
Thank you again.

Respectfully

Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed here for one night and were pleasantly surprised with our stay.
Good points - the room was spacious and comfy
- free wifi
- a pool
- friendly owner who chatted to me about England and was genuinely a nice guy.

The only bad point is that the hotel is a fair way from the beach, if you don't have a car I doubt you would want to walk to the beach as it's well over a mile over a bridge

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Kieran1987
Bhupi P, Manager at Days Inn Daytona Beach Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to answer the questions on the survey
It is a pleasure to read the positive comments you wrote about your stay with us.
Since we are located a couple of miles from the beach, I am researching several solutions to resolve this problem.
When you are in the Daytona Beach area again please think of us for your reservation needs.

Respectfully

Reviewed 3 March 2012

Everything was great. Clean rooms, comfortable beds. Owners very nice and accomodating. Staff was very nice too. We will stay again when in Daytona!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Terry S
Bhupi P, Manager at Days Inn Daytona Beach Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

I would like to thank you for you kind comments on your stay with us during the Daytona 500. Your feedback is very important to us.
When you are in the Daytona Beach area again, please contact us for all of your reservation needs.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Visited during the Turkey Rod Run November 25th. I had originally booked 2 nights through expedia. Learned I was unable to stay the second night, called expedia who called the hotel and changed the reservation for the one night only. All was good, Manager Nina Patel said I would have to pay a $25 change fee, I was ok with that. Expedia informed me to call them after the saty and they would refund the second night.
I cecked in Friday evening giving the manager my expedia paperwork. Saturday morning I was the only person in the lobby, The same lady that checked me in, (I am presuming to be the manager), is there, I ask her if there is anything I need to do to check out, she replied, "no, nothing further." I said great and left the hotel, not returning for the second night as planned. The hotel manager refuses to refund my second night saying I did not check out correctly. After calleing her directly she says it iall my fault and they have no record of the reservation change that expedia made while i was on the phone with them, effectively calling me a liar. I cannot recommend this place at all. On a second note, had friends use the same hotel and were charged $30 above what they were quoted on the phone when they booked.

Room Tip: Deall with someone else who has integrity
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank gary p
Reviewed 16 August 2011

i stayed in one of the rooms facing the ocean. it was such a great view! at night i went and walked along the water and it was very peaceful. i thought daytona was too quiet for this time but the front desk guy said that it was the end of tourist season so whatever. the rooms were clean and there's a kitchen. they had pots and pans under the sink and everything was all very new. great stay.

Room Tip: during off season if you ask for an upgrade they'll most likely give it to u for free.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Wilhelmina Y
Reviewed 22 July 2010

I reserved my room for this stay on the Days Inn website to include an additional person in the room. The website asked me to enter my credit card information in order to receive the discount for online payment, so I did. When I arrived, the attendant, who I apparently woke from her nap in the back room, said that I did not pay on-line even though she had a print out of the reservation. With protest, I allowed her to re-swipe my credit card, only to find that they charged me 50 cents more per person than the price quoted online. When I brought it up, the attendant called the manager (i guess) from the back room. They began talking to each other in another language and when finished, the manager said, "what is it? 50 cents? Jesus Christ!!! just give it to her! He then slammed open the cash drawer and has me sign for 50 cents. When all of that is settled, I'm told that my room won't be ready for another 20 minutes, even though I arrived shortly after 3 pm. Once in the room, later on that night there were bugs. Many, many bugs that could fly. My husband ended up killing the things because I didn't want to call the manager to have him swear at me again. The shower head was broken and the next day, even though i asked to have the sheets changed, they only made up the bed. The breakfast was lousy. There's a train that runs by at 3 am and blows it's horn. (seriously!) When i complained to the main Days Inn Customer Care line, they apologized profusely and said that they would issue me a $25 gift certificate. A gift certificate that does not cover the cost of one night stay, which means I'll have to spend money to make use of their apology. I WILL NEVER STAY AT ANOTHER DAYS INN AGAIN!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business