“Needs help”

The Suites at Americano Beach
Ranked #40 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I am actually just been here two days and I am already so upset. This has to be the worst resort I've stayed with RCI. the room was dirty, there was grime on kitchen and bathroom counters, sauce on wall, water stain ceiling tiles. Kitchen cabinet door falling off. We call the front desk and they sent a gentlemen, who gave us a song and dance story about how he already punched out, so we felt we now had to tip him when he left the same grime was still there. I had to clean it myself, gross! !! Well to make matters worst a small roach crawl out of stove, while cooking.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank love2travelcya

Reviewed 18 October 2011

My housemates, Linda Batchelor-Ballew and her husband, Pete; their friend, Patrick Doherty; and I stayed at the Americano Beach Resort in Daytona Beach for two nights during September 2011. While the location was very ideal, being right next to the beach, the hotel was very dated and reminded me too much of Rhodes Hall, the dormitory at Indiana State University in Terre Haute where I stayed in 1978 as a participant of Special Olympics (and where I later went in 1984 for a campus visit during high school; thankfully, I never attended ISU). The rules were also very authoritarian, as Americano's "brown book" stated that we had to put the dishes in the dishwasher upon check-out and have every item inspected, as if we were moving into a campus dormitory. Even worse, the water was shut off for some emergency reason at 11 AM during the second morning of our stay; the elevators reeked of bad seafood odor; and the on-premises convenience store was never open. We also had to memorize a special code to access any part of the premises, starting with the front door. (For me, that was easy, since it was one of my old residence addresses. What a joke!) While we will undoubtedly return to Daytona Beach, we will be avoiding this joint like the plague. Too bad, since there were some decent pools and hot tubs on-site.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jane_Eleanor_Knight
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I am here from 9/24/11 to 10/01/11. I booked this vacation last minute through RCI and friend's time share. I am pleased with the room. View is great, but disappointed there is no balcony.
I am over the pool, noise has not been an issue, but this is not the busy season, which is fine for me. Bedroom gets very hot if you don't keep curtains pulled. Coffee maker did not have correct working parts, so they brought me a new one. Refrigerator motor was loud, I have reported that. I got here on Saturday, ran out of toilet paper on Tuesday, had two rolls, not full rolls. I called to get more, was told I could go to laundry area in basement, I stated, I don't think so, I have a 3 year old with me and cannot leave. Thought that was strange. Toilet paper arrived in 5 minutes. Also when I take a shower, the water goes cold, can't stand that. I reported that. We were without water yesterday all day, I was aware this was going to happen but still have the cold water issue while taking a shower. RCI states they are requiring Americano to upgrade their rooms. I know they were working on the 9th floor, I am on the 8th but did not disturb me since I was out during the day. I am amazed they dont give you info as to what sites are recommened but I am familiar enough with area to know where to go. I also prefer laundry in my room, I will not go down to use public laundry area. All in all, I am pleased with my vacation this trip but again, I think that I went at time of year, not crowded, not dealing with a lot of children, no parties.

Room Tip: South side seems to have more afternoon sun, have to keep curtains pulled.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We book through a veterans discount program, so we don't expect to get the top of the line accommodations, but we do expect a clean room devoid of mold, mildew and smells. Many issues....dirty dishes in the cupboard, musty smell, broken towel rack, "whistling leaky windows", strange door locking system, dirty toilet rim, had to open oven door so we could load the dishwasher, uncomfortable furniture. On the plus side....the tv's were flat screen, but the reception on one of the tv's was snowy. The pool was okay, but there was evidence of decay in the shelter area. We were also stalked by annoying phone calls insisting we talk to someone to complete a survey about the resort. We checked out two days early and will not return.

Room Tip: Take the time to read reviews and pay the extra to stay at a quality hotel/resort.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank gloria w
Reviewed 11 August 2011

The resort and the rooms are atrocious. Our room had fecal matter in the shower, left over food in dishes that were rotten. The smell was gastly, from the food as well as the room had a stale odor. Two teens were taken to the hospital due to a pool malfunction, the hot tub outside was not in working order. The decor is out dated, worn out furniture and the springs in the sofa bed were sticking out. The best part of our vacation was the beach and the boardwalk.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Lovetotravel0914
Reviewed 3 August 2011

My husband &I just returned from a week at the Americano, July 24-July 30, 2011. We went to celebrate our anniversary and the Americano was one of the few places that we as RCI members could secure being that we waited to late to book somewhere. So we looked at on-line at photos & saw the reviews were not great but figured hey let's take a chance. Upon arrival we were told our room wasn't ready and was informed by the front desk that we would be given a a call for check in once our room was ready, which never happened. Once checked in we entered the lobby area which is extremely dark and outdated to say the least. It reminded me of a hotel in the early 70's particualrly the decor . Service at the front desk was adequate though there were alot of people who I assumed were maintance workers, hotel employees in and out of the elevators and in the lobby area with no name tags or simple name tag stickers that were hard to read.(I would recommend Americano investing in some solid name tags that are the same that say Americano Resort), some employees had teachers on with the name but not all employees. Not good when you consider safety.Our room was one of the floor plans called "The Floridian" which was very spacious but that too needed a upgrade/renovation on items such as the decor, bed,mattress and furniture was horrible. The kitchen was fine there were plenty of silverware but a minimal amount of cooking pans but okay. The bed in the room was very uncomfortable as were the pillows as far as cleaniness I thought they did a decent job, though I did find hairs in the floor of the shower (gross). The resort offers swim bands for hotel guests to wear in the pool area for safety, I saw no one in the pool area with the bands on expect my husband and I too much throughtout the week. There is a tiki bar under the pool outdoors which is adequate but the safety around the bar was a concern being that people from the beach can also use the bar leaving resort members vulnerable being that the wrist band policy was not being adhered too. The resort is on a quieter end of the beach which was a plus; but the lack of a balcony on our ocean front room kind of took the joy out of it for us. There is a laundry room downstairs but the condition of the downstairs area made me feel uneasy, especially the family area. Chairs were scattered in corners and though there was a curtain up it looked so cheap you could still see all junk stored behind it which did not make the same warm or welcoming it looked cluttered and organized. A broken soft drink machine and empty gum ball machines that looked like they had been there forever didn't help things. The Americano lobby area has a bar and convience store that didn't open until almost the end of the week, which was disappointing. The Tiki Bar outdoors closed for renovations the last 3 days we were there . The Americano in its day most likely was a beautiful place but now its outdated furnshings and lack of aesthetic appeal really made you feel like your were staying in a drabby old resort. I would not stay there again keep looking if you plan to be in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank DukeFan_11
Reviewed 17 July 2011

At first, when we arrived, we thought, "Ok, this looks good." Then the loud music started and lasted until way into the night--and on one night it last all night. Hardly a place for a family with little ones who need their sleep. If you like walking around all day with a Bud Light in your hand, and if you like loud music and rude people, then this is the place for you. The management permits people to "reserve" lounge chairs by the pool 24/7--so you if you are a new guest, you never get to sit by the pool...if you watch all day, you will see that no one really is sitting in those lounge chairs. The view from the rooms is great--that's about it. We threw everything in the dishwasher just to make sure all the dishes/utensils were clean. Then there's Mike, the desk manager, who is rarely at the desk when you need him...overall, not good...we will never return, and we will let Interval know what a poor choice this place is for a timeshare exchange.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a roon overlooking the pool unless you like loud music playing all night
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family