“A Dirty Dump with the best customer service around”

The Suites at Americano Beach
Ranked #38 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

My husband, 1 year old and myself left there today after a 2 night stay that was suppose to be a week. The first room we were given had all mismatched furniture which looked like it was all 1.00 garage sale items, it was somewhat clean for being extremely old... But we were not happy bc it looked different then the pictures on their site. Next I was given keys too look at another room... Slightly better, but needed a good cleaning before I wanted to bring my family in there. There was crumbs and dirt on the floors, carpet and tile. Well all was suppose to be taken care of... And it wasn't. I sprayed lysol everywhere so we could at least put our child tO sleep ( yes I carry my own travel size Lysol ). After another night we couldn't handle it anymore. The nightstand corner is held together by medical tape, looks like it wasn't even vacuumed or mopped. Our feet were gross from the little time we were in the room.
I will say though Carrie and Mike, best customer service reps I have ever come across during my travels. Those 2 men were amazing! The Americano is very lucky to have people of that caliber working there!

• Stayed: October 2013
6  Thank MissArley

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Didn't know what to expect after reading other reviews but were pleasantly surprised! This was a wonderful place -- had the amenities we were expecting and is in a great location.

We were there during renovations but it NEVER negatively impacted our stay. We wouldn't have known they were totally updating if we hadn't periodically shared the elevator with workers. There was no noise; no inconveniences.

We are looking forward to returning. The beach is lovely. We were able to walk to the boardwalk and enjoy lunch! It would have been nice to have a balcony, but many places don't in Daytona.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank larryk4lz
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This was our first time at Daytona Beach. We used our points through RCI to stay at the Americano from 10/12 - 10/15. We were not disappointed at all. I will say if you're looking for an upper class resort / hotel, you need to go elsewhere. This was not a "shack" but a down to earth, family oriented resort. They were doing some renovations while we were there, but overall the place was really nice and the people we met there were even better!! You really felt like you were at home. Our rooms were clean and accomodating. The beds were a little hard for my taste and there weren't any balconies, but no other issues. The resort is in a wonderful location and close to everything. Only about 5 minutes away from the boardwalk if you're driving. The kids absolutely loved it!! They can't wait to go back! We will definintely plan to go back next year during Biketoberfest for the whole week instead of a few days!

Room Tip: We stayed in 705 & 706. The rooms were nice and the view was terrific!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lori P
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Arrived 10/5/13. Checked in to an immaculately CLEAN room (#320). Kitchen stove, sink and fridge were spotless. Bathroom- spotless. Living room and bedroom...spotless. We did not use white gloves to go over every surface in the unit, but we travel enough to know if a place is clean, filthy or something in between. And, nothing smelled bad or rotten anywhere on the property! Furnishings were dated, but in excellent condition. The fridge had an icemaker I would love to have at home. I wonder if the poor reviews are written by folks with champagne tastes with beer money budgets. If you expect Marriott or Hilton accommodations, spend the big bucks and go there. Don't come to a reasonably priced, family friendly resort and then complain about every little thing that upsets you because it's not like the Marriott or the Hilton. This was our first time here and we will come back. Every staff member we met was friendly and polite. The hotel lobby area is dated but it's kind of retro. It's clean with lots of comfortable chairs and sofas. Who can take a review that rips hotel lobby decor seriously? Did these reviewers sleep in the lobby?? The beach and the indoor and outdoor pools...perfect! Summary: Great value and great location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank oldeczecho
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I'm not quite sure where to start......when reading reviews beforehand, I like to take it with a grain of salt. BUT, I do like to get a feel for where I'm going as I travel with 3 children. I didn't really have too many options as I traded a week of my timeshare to come here. My family came to Daytona for 2 weeks. Our first week we stayed somewhere else down the strip. Our second week was here. When we arrived, we were told we couldn't check in until all the guests had left. No big deal, check in was suppose to be around 4 but it was 10:30am. We were told we'd get a call once our room was ready to check in. We were called about an hour later. I was impressed they called so quickly! Once we walked into the building, we were hit by a really bad odor....it was all over the halls, the elevators and yes...the rooms. Can't quite explain it, but I've read other reviews refer to it as rotting fish. This I'm afraid is true.
Our room was not very clean, bathrooms were actually quite dirty if you looked around, our kitchen was small and the worlds smallest stove/oven was hard to use. Yes, no balconies as well but if you wanted a view of the ocean or pool, it was hard to see thru the very dirty windows. We had a real bad storm for two days as well and I found this place very noisy due to the wind ( not the resorts fault), and the local traffic (again not their fault). The rain was building up in the window ledge as well.
They did have a large outdoor pool and a heated indoor pool. The kids spent most of their time in the indoor pool. The outdoor pool seemed dirty and grungy. Had scum around the edge of the pool. Pool deck could've used a hose down on a daily basis as well.
They did offer coin laundry in the basement for $1.75/load in the washer and $1.75/load in the dryer. There was also movie night, ping pong table, little kids play area and arcade room as well.
Towels could be exchanged every other day in the basement from 8-12 only and pool towels exchanged at the front desk from 12-8....although they now say that is only between 8-12 as well?
Their pamphlet may be as outdated as their rooms.
Hardly any cleaning products here as well. Only a broom and dust pan....hard to clean carpet with that. They did offer an iron and ironing board and plenty of toilet paper when needed. Service here was mediocre at best and I didn't find people here all that friendly. I am still here and felt compelled to let you all know what it is like. Hoping I can make it to the end of the week.
Would I stay here again? Probably not.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank cbilli3
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The only reason I give Americano just an average rating is because it is outdated & it needs to be updated. However, they are taking care of this...read below.

Pros:
Very friendly staff, I can't say enough about them. Everyone was very nice, accommodating, and genuinely pleasant.

Great pools...both indoor and out. They have one large outdoor pool, one outdoor kiddie / splash pool with waterfall & two hot tubs (one inside & one out.) Their outdoor pool is large & is sufficiently sized for their property, it was clean, & the temperature was perfect. The indoor pool is great for swimming laps, water exercise, or for children to play. It is 3' deep on each end & 5' in the middle.

The two hot tubs are average. They were clean, but the concrete did need some refreshing. I read where someone else had complained that the temperature was too hot, but they keep it to the mandated 104 degrees. This isn't an option.

The pool deck was very large as well with an ample amount of chairs and lounges, whether you want sunshine or shade.

They also have three separate areas of charcoal grills and picnic ares.

They also offer a sauna, although I did not take advantage of this.

There is a beach bar located under the pool deck, which is open to the public as well. It is a bar folks, and not a fancy restaurant so don't expect to dress up to visit. They have plenty of bar stools, indoor tables & chairs and a dance floor. Outside they have picnic plenty of picnic tables as well. Their bar beverages are good (they have some signature 32 oz rum drinks if your up to it) and their hamburger was great! They hand pat these out...no frozen fake burgers here.

Inside the lobby they have a coin laundry, game room, a mini library of sorts (board & card games too) and a really nice gym with a lot of free weights, plates, & cardio equipment. I loved the gym!

Even though our units needed updating, it was was clean and the beds were comfortable.

Now the Cons:

Number one...no balconies.
The hot tubs need to be resurfaced to freshen them up.
The two units we were in were very much outdated. The carpet was fairly new but the kitchen & baths were still stuck in the 1970's.
The lobby does remind me of walking back in time, they really need to update this as well.
They used to have an indoor coffee shop, which is now the game room. What used to be an indoor restaurant is now closed off. This kind of goes hand in hand with Daytona Beach as in general, there are a lot of things shut down or vacant. Due to the economy, I'm sure.

Other things to note:
While I did say they need to update their property, I also should mention that I saw plenty of evidence that they were in the process of doing so. They had contractors there painting the exterior of the building and the unit next door to us was having new tile installed.

They are not a hotel so you won't get fresh towel or room service every day. However, room service is available for a small fee. And you can always take your dirty towels to their service counter in the basement for exchanges at any time.

Again, I gave them an average rating simply because of the updates needed. Considering the price we paid, I was satisfied. To get something more updated & fancy, you'll pay considerably more. It didn't matter too much as we were not inside very much at all.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed 17 September 2013

First off, the people at this resort are all very friendly. It is very clean for a Daytona Beach hotel. It is also very quiet. The rooms do not have balconies but if you get a corner room, the windows can be opened and you get a nice cross breeze. The views are unbelievable! The corner unit is actually quite large and comfortable. While dated looking, the whole place was very clean.

The resort has a nice workout area, a LARGE pool deck and a nice bar/restaurant under the pool deck. This resort is right on the beach and very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, high up. You can open the windows for cross breezes.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple