“Nice Oceanfront Resort”

The Suites at Americano Beach
Ranked #38 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Rented a 2BR/2BA oceanfront through Armed Forces Vacation Club December 7-14, 2013..
Since we do not know ahead of time exact layout of room, oceanfront or not, etc. as AFV cannot promise anything like that, we were pleasantly surprised to have 2 spacious rooms connected by an interior door. One side had full kitchen and the other had a small fridge, microwave and sink.
There were 3 flat screen TVs. 2 king beds (very comfortable) were near the oceanfront picture windows. No balconies which was a little disappointing but we were cool since we had the good view of the beach (SO nice to wake up to that every morning.) Parking is free and plentiful. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Location is very good; close to most anything. Main pier, boardwalk, band shell and rides are about 2 miles away but we spoke to people in good shape who walked down there. Very good fitness center, indoor and outdoor pools. Enjoyed the daily water exercise class but never got down to the tiki bar/small restaurant. They still had heavy room keys but were in the process of changing to key cards. It is an older place but our rooms were very clean and contained beautiful decorations, pictures, etc. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor at the end of the building. It was high enough that we kept the curtains...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank dianec51

Reviewed 1 December 2013

After reading all the reviews on this hotel, I was expecting it to be just awful. It was not. It definitely had its negatives, but overall, not bad at all.
Positives:
1. Beach front
2. Large clean lobby
3. Plenty to do: ping pong, shuffleboard, horseshoes, indoor and outdoor pools, etc.
4. Clean laundry facility
5. Easy towel exchange
6. Large rooms
7. Huge windows
8. Plenty of storage
9. The people were wonderful, helpful and very friendly. Best experience with the staff.
Negatives:
1. Older looking rooms
2. Windows didn’t all open
3. Dark bathrooms
4. Old dirty looking furniture (couch and chairs)
5. Hallway smelled bad

The negatives weren't really bad, they just made the place not wonderful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank amyjg
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

My husband, 1 year old and myself left there today after a 2 night stay that was suppose to be a week. The first room we were given had all mismatched furniture which looked like it was all 1.00 garage sale items, it was somewhat clean for being extremely old... But we were not happy bc it looked different then the pictures on their site. Next I was given keys too look at another room... Slightly better, but needed a good cleaning before I wanted to bring my family in there. There was crumbs and dirt on the floors, carpet and tile. Well all was suppose to be taken care of... And it wasn't. I sprayed lysol everywhere so we could at least put our child tO sleep ( yes I carry my own travel size Lysol ). After another night we couldn't handle it anymore. The nightstand corner is held together by medical tape, looks like it wasn't even vacuumed or mopped. Our feet were gross from the little time we were in the room.
I will say though Carrie and Mike, best customer service reps I have ever come across during my travels. Those 2 men were amazing! The Americano is very lucky to have people of that caliber working there!

• Stayed: October 2013
6  Thank MissArley
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Didn't know what to expect after reading other reviews but were pleasantly surprised! This was a wonderful place -- had the amenities we were expecting and is in a great location.

We were there during renovations but it NEVER negatively impacted our stay. We wouldn't have known they were totally updating if we hadn't periodically shared the elevator with workers. There was no noise; no inconveniences.

We are looking forward to returning. The beach is lovely. We were able to walk to the boardwalk and enjoy lunch! It would have been nice to have a balcony, but many places don't in Daytona.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank larryk4lz
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This was our first time at Daytona Beach. We used our points through RCI to stay at the Americano from 10/12 - 10/15. We were not disappointed at all. I will say if you're looking for an upper class resort / hotel, you need to go elsewhere. This was not a "shack" but a down to earth, family oriented resort. They were doing some renovations while we were there, but overall the place was really nice and the people we met there were even better!! You really felt like you were at home. Our rooms were clean and accomodating. The beds were a little hard for my taste and there weren't any balconies, but no other issues. The resort is in a wonderful location and close to everything. Only about 5 minutes away from the boardwalk if you're driving. The kids absolutely loved it!! They can't wait to go back! We will definintely plan to go back next year during Biketoberfest for the whole week instead of a few days!

Room Tip: We stayed in 705 & 706. The rooms were nice and the view was terrific!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lori P
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Arrived 10/5/13. Checked in to an immaculately CLEAN room (#320). Kitchen stove, sink and fridge were spotless. Bathroom- spotless. Living room and bedroom...spotless. We did not use white gloves to go over every surface in the unit, but we travel enough to know if a place is clean, filthy or something in between. And, nothing smelled bad or rotten anywhere on the property! Furnishings were dated, but in excellent condition. The fridge had an icemaker I would love to have at home. I wonder if the poor reviews are written by folks with champagne tastes with beer money budgets. If you expect Marriott or Hilton accommodations, spend the big bucks and go there. Don't come to a reasonably priced, family friendly resort and then complain about every little thing that upsets you because it's not like the Marriott or the Hilton. This was our first time here and we will come back. Every staff member we met was friendly and polite. The hotel lobby area is dated but it's kind of retro. It's clean with lots of comfortable chairs and sofas. Who can take a review that rips hotel lobby decor seriously? Did these reviewers sleep in the lobby?? The beach and the indoor and outdoor pools...perfect! Summary: Great value and great location.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank oldeczecho
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I'm not quite sure where to start......when reading reviews beforehand, I like to take it with a grain of salt. BUT, I do like to get a feel for where I'm going as I travel with 3 children. I didn't really have too many options as I traded a week of my timeshare to come here. My family came to Daytona for 2 weeks. Our first week we stayed somewhere else down the strip. Our second week was here. When we arrived, we were told we couldn't check in until all the guests had left. No big deal, check in was suppose to be around 4 but it was 10:30am. We were told we'd get a call once our room was ready to check in. We were called about an hour later. I was impressed they called so quickly! Once we walked into the building, we were hit by a really bad odor....it was all over the halls, the elevators and yes...the rooms. Can't quite explain it, but I've read other reviews refer to it as rotting fish. This I'm afraid is true.
Our room was not very clean, bathrooms were actually quite dirty if you looked around, our kitchen was small and the worlds smallest stove/oven was hard to use. Yes, no balconies as well but if you wanted a view of the ocean or pool, it was hard to see thru the very dirty windows. We had a real bad storm for two days as well and I found this place very noisy due to the wind ( not the resorts fault), and the local traffic (again not their fault). The rain was building up in the window ledge as well.
They did have a large outdoor pool and a heated indoor pool. The kids spent most of their time in the indoor pool. The outdoor pool seemed dirty and grungy. Had scum around the edge of the pool. Pool deck could've used a hose down on a daily basis as well.
They did offer coin laundry in the basement for $1.75/load in the washer and $1.75/load in the dryer. There was also movie night, ping pong table, little kids play area and arcade room as well.
Towels could be exchanged every other day in the basement from 8-12 only and pool towels exchanged at the front desk from 12-8....although they now say that is only between 8-12 as well?
Their pamphlet may be as outdated as their rooms.
Hardly any cleaning products here as well. Only a broom and dust pan....hard to clean carpet with that. They did offer an iron and ironing board and plenty of toilet paper when needed. Service here was mediocre at best and I didn't find people here all that friendly. I am still here and felt compelled to let you all know what it is like. Hoping I can make it to the end of the week.
Would I stay here again? Probably not.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family