This property has recently undergone a multi-million dollar renovation. New rooms feature complimentary high speed wireless internet, refrigerators, microwaves and flat panel TVs. Our bathroom has one sink mounted in granite, plus a tub with an adjustable shower head. Beds are comfortable and offer four pillows - two soft and two firm. Air conditioning in our room works great. We have no couch or seating area in our room, just a small square table with two chairs for dining.
Internet access codes change every Saturday at midnight. I'm using a wired connection, which so far, has been reliable. Desk chair is fully adjustable. Lamp lighting is good and has two outlets, as does the lamp between beds.
The hotel has no beach chairs or umbrellas of their own, except by the pool. Chairs and umbrellas are available from private contractors for $30 a day. Hotel room windows face east to the beach.
The balcony of our room has two chairs and a small table. Unfortunately, the combination of afternoon temperatures, plus heat rising from the parking lot and the exhaust from the room air conditioner makes the area intolerable until after sunset.
Although the web site lists "full kitchen," our room does not have an oven. Silverware (which should probably be a set of four) includes only one place knife, three teaspoons and four place forks. Kitchen cutlery includes only one plastic pasta server, one serving spoon and one flat spatula. No knives.
Directly behind us is a parking lot between the building and the beach - a detail that's significantly missing from the web site's "view from the hotel" photo. The fitness center comprises one recumbent bike, one elliptical machine and two treadmills. Towels are complimentary, but germicidal spray or wipes are not provided. Bring your own.
Vending machines are on odd floors only. Today, the one on Level 1 is out of order, as is one of two guest washing machines on our floor. Washing or drying is $2 per load.
A in-room hotel directory of services and general information would be helpful. None is provided. Hotel staff is friendly enough, but has not been trained in simple courtesies like greeting guests, not talking shop in the presence of guests and letting guests exit elevators first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located directly on the world's most famous beach. We are a full service hotel. We will have a 3 star, 3 Diamond rating. We offer a Kids Splash park, fire pits, over sized pool, jacuzzi, indoor/outdoor restaurant, room service, private balconies and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront Hotel Daytona Beach
- Hotel On The Beach
- Inn On The Beach
- On The Beach Daytona
- Beach Daytona
- Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront Florida