“Little Things Mean a Lot”

Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #5 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Little Things Mean a Lot”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

This property has recently undergone a multi-million dollar renovation. New rooms feature complimentary high speed wireless internet, refrigerators, microwaves and flat panel TVs. Our bathroom has one sink mounted in granite, plus a tub with an adjustable shower head. Beds are comfortable and offer four pillows - two soft and two firm. Air conditioning in our room works great. We have no couch or seating area in our room, just a small square table with two chairs for dining.

Internet access codes change every Saturday at midnight. I'm using a wired connection, which so far, has been reliable. Desk chair is fully adjustable. Lamp lighting is good and has two outlets, as does the lamp between beds.

The hotel has no beach chairs or umbrellas of their own, except by the pool. Chairs and umbrellas are available from private contractors for $30 a day. Hotel room windows face east to the beach.

The balcony of our room has two chairs and a small table. Unfortunately, the combination of afternoon temperatures, plus heat rising from the parking lot and the exhaust from the room air conditioner makes the area intolerable until after sunset.

Although the web site lists "full kitchen," our room does not have an oven. Silverware (which should probably be a set of four) includes only one place knife, three teaspoons and four place forks. Kitchen cutlery includes only one plastic pasta server, one serving spoon and one flat spatula. No knives.

Directly behind us is a parking lot between the building and the beach - a detail that's significantly missing from the web site's "view from the hotel" photo. The fitness center comprises one recumbent bike, one elliptical machine and two treadmills. Towels are complimentary, but germicidal spray or wipes are not provided. Bring your own.

Vending machines are on odd floors only. Today, the one on Level 1 is out of order, as is one of two guest washing machines on our floor. Washing or drying is $2 per load.

A in-room hotel directory of services and general information would be helpful. None is provided. Hotel staff is friendly enough, but has not been trained in simple courtesies like greeting guests, not talking shop in the presence of guests and letting guests exit elevators first.

4 Thank Boomerizon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
Lithia Springs, Georgia
Reviewed 29 July 2011

My ordeal started the day i checked in when they overcharged me for the room and cleaned out my checking account. I had paid cash for the room and they said we need a credit card for incidentals i said okay, then the next day i went to get breakfast at a popular fast food chain and give the lady the card and she promptly come back and says "your card is declined" WTF i had $1000 saved for my vacation. When i got back to the hotel get on phone with the bank they say you are over drafted on you account "um how?" the nice guy at the front desk neglected to tell me that he swiped the hole hotel stay on my card and then refunded it right back too late it takes the bank up to 5 days for them to re credit the money . So I went down to the front desk and confronted them after a hour of explanation they said we can help you fix it. I said can i have a small refund on my stay in cash so i can get breakfast for me and my family, The lady at the front desk said go eat at the hotel restaurant and charge it your room, not really what i wanted but okay. We proceed to order our food and notice the prices where a little high and 18% gratuity for what no service bulls#**T. So after $42 meal (for 2 adults and 1 four year old) we check an they have fixed the problem thank god. Nope spoke to soon this happened again 2 days later so frustrating spending most of our vacation trying to fix someones else problem . To top it off i get called a 10:00 my 4 day there and the lady at the front desk say you need to pay for you charge at the restaurant because you cant charge food to your room , we were out enjoying our one week a year vacation that i saved for all year long for. You need to get here before 10:30 or she she says "or what?" she wouldn't tell me but she ensued the police would be called. We had just been sat down after a 2 1/2 hour wait at a popular restaurant when we got this call so we had to leave. I feel like my family vacation was a bust thanks to this Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: all rooms are nice oceanfront
10 Thank RickyScott
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 1 August 2011
I am very sorry that you had a problem with the check in procedure. I will be looking into this. It is our policy to have a deposit in the event you have incidentals and when you use a debit card it does pull it from your account and once we credit it back it is immediate on our end, but your bank can hold the funds up to 10 business days. I will be contacting you to do whatever we have to do to make you happy as you can see from our previous comments we take your comments very seriously and I will be talking to you soon. I am sorry that our clerk made a mistake and we will make it right. This is definitely not a common problem as you can see from the comments below. We do have some new clerks in training so let me look into this and make sure this does not happen again . Thank you for giving us an overall good score .
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We are an English family & love to visit the USA for our summer holidays. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach. What a fabulous hotel ! the rooms are spaceous decorated so nicely & the cleanliness is superb. The restuarant was very nice & the food so enjoyable & presented very well. The staff at this hotel were friendly helpful & nothing was ever to much trouble. The whole running of this hotel was excellent & made our stay special. Cant wait to visit & stay again !

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice with ocean views but i think level 4 is a good choice
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank whiskers011
We are pleased that you had such a nice stay. Thank you for taking the time to inform others of what a wonderful stay you had and I am glad that you will be coming back!
Norcross, GA
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Great staff. I booked 2 rooms here during bike week this year and really enjoyed it. There's 2 fire pits poolside steps from the ocean great parking. The only thing one of the mini fridges in the room did not work and the balcony lock fell off the first day but maintenance was right on it. The staff was still great even with all the random questions I had before I even booked a room. The manager was the best as well. I had read some other reviews on the hotel and was scared but she reassured me and everything was fine. Ill stay again

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank thequeencole
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
Well it is great to know that from time to time when something does happen we responded very quickly to correct the problem. I am not sure why you were concerned with the reviews as the only review that was a little negative was back in February when we were finishing up our transition to a Holiday Inn Resort and some guest had to see some locations of the hotel finalizing the clean up. I am glad that you had a great time and will be back.
Sanford, Florida
Reviewed 22 July 2011

My family had a great time. THe staff was wonderful and room was great. It was very clean. I would highly recommend this resort.

1 Thank jenntony11
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
We are looking forward to your return again and again. We want to become a place that when you visit you experience a welcome and amenities like no other. Thank you for taking the time to share your erxperience with others. Now they can make a better informed decision on where to stay when visiting the Daytona area.
Sanford, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2011

The accommodations and the staff were exceptional. Every staff member that we came in contact with was extremely courteous and helpful. They had activities pool side (bingo, scavenger hunt, trivia, etc...) which the kids loved. Close proximity to other Daytona amusements, shopping, and restaurants.

1 Thank Monica34615
We take great pride in the fact that we are a true resort. Sounds like you experienced exactly that and we thank you for informing others about a little taste of all the amenities that we have to offer. I am glad you had a memorable time.
Montreal
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We stayed 5 nights and loved the place. The rooms are beautiful. Outside bar, terrace and pool are great!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Scorpio70Montreal
Thank you for informing others about what a great time you had!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach
Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Hilton Daytona Beach Oceanfront Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront? Share your experiences!