“THE BEST PLACE TO STAY!!!!”

Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #5 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My fiance and I visited Daytona Beach on May 2013. We originally booked our 1 week stay at another hotel but after taking a walk down the beach we found the Holiday Inn Resort. The first thing that drew our attention is the amazing pool set up! They have a 10.5 foot deep pool, hot tub and fire pit outside as well as a restaurnat and FULL BAR! They have poolside activities such as bingo and casino card games that you ca win free drinks at. We were immediately sold and checked with front desk for availability. The manager was so friendly and helpful so withing an hour we switched hotels. This was the best decision we could have made because it made our trip!! Our oceanfront room was great, very clean and well kept up. The thing that we enjoyed the most is the AMAZING staff this hotel offers!!! John at the front deks was so friendly and helpful, Jennifer was in charge of the poolside activities, Kate and Jose our amazing waiters, Sue our awesome bartender.... EVERYBODY was so friendly!! If you are looking for a place to feel like family and enjoy a romantice getaway or a family vacation the service at this hotel is 5 stars all the way. We can not wait to come back here!!! Thanks guys - Room 521 ;-)
(I have stayed in many hotels and this is the first time that customer service has blown my mind like this, making it the first time I take the time to write a review)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

I am so glad to hear that. We share how very important it is to have the best service in town with all of our staff. Afterall we are in the hospitality business so we must set the bar. We want every guest to feel as though they are visiting friends and I see that we are well on our way by the comments I have been receiving. Thank you very much for sharing it really does matter to us.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,577)

Reviewed 3 June 2013

My sisters and I were looking for a girls' weekend-- a casual place to stay right on the beach. I am delighted we found this place! We had a 6th floor oceanfront balcony suite, overlooking the pool and fire pits and the ocean. So beautiful. There were two double beds in the bedroom, plus a full kitchen and fold out bed in the living room area. Each room had its own TV. There was a full-size fridge, microwave, and stove burners. The beds were comfortable, and the noise from the pool was minimal with the balcony doors closed.

The pool was typical, but the cushy chairs near the fire pits elevated the comfort level. There was a little splash pad for infants and toddlers. The management even had buckets and shovels near the beach entrance for kids to borrow to use on the beach. Beach access was easy and beautiful.

The restaurant was surprisingly good for breakfast, though they were short-staffed each time we visited. Everyone was very friendly though. There's a teeny fitness room, but why use a treadmill when you can walk on the nice packed sand of the beach? Watch out for jellyfish, though! They were prevalent on the sand.

The only downsides were (a) that the TV didn't allow us the option to purchase movies or play DVDs--a very small inconvenience, and (b) it's not in the nicest neighborhood, so we were cautioned against walking anywhere at night. We never noticed a problem, but we did have to drive to go to restaurants, stores, etc. There's supposed to be a trolley, but we never found it.

I would definitely stay here again. This is a casual place--don't expect any spa like amenities, and the rooms are accessible only from the outside, like a motel. Still, it was perfect for just being on the beach, having a kitchen, and knowing everything, including the beds, were clean. Highly recommended for families!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Everything about our stay was quality. My husband and I both remarked how friendly the staff were. Evem when we passef the cleanimg staff they were always saying hello or good mornimg with a smile. The rooms were very clean and the beds very comfortable. The only downside was the room we were in only had a shower which was only a minor issue when travelling with a 9 month old. Loved the poolside! The kiddie splash park area was perfect for baby and our toddler. The restaurant offers free breakfast to kids and the food was vert good. Especially being able to eat poolside with an ocean view. And EVERY room has an ocean view! We only came to Daytona for the night for a high school graduation but we decided we will have to take the kiddos back later this summer to stay and make a long weekend of it. Definitely worth every penny and it wasn't even that expensive!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank cpmcgib
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Well thank you for that great review. Of course we agree and feel we are worth every penny. I am so glad that you recognized all the value that we offer. We can't wait to welcome you back again as I see you will be coming back soon.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

We read the reviews on this site which is why we chose this hotel. I will probably echo what many others have said but here goes. Check in was easy and the staff made us feel very welcome. We were given a 2 queen room, I believe on the 6th floor, overlooking the left sode of the pool. Upon walking into the room, we noticed that it may be a little bit small for,us since we were strolling a beach cart which was kind of big. We went to the front desk and asked if,there were any upgrades. Since I had spoken to Jamie on the phone for my reservation, she perked up and called me by my name. It was surprised she remembered! We were given an upgrade at a reduced price for a king suite. This was a good choice for us. The hotel is dated in certain areas, but the room itself was updated. You could tell they spent a ton of money updating this hotel for,their guests, from the rooms to the outdoor pool and lounge area. Our room had a king bed, which was really comfortable, a tv and a closet with a safe in it, an updated bathroom with separate toilet area and walk-in shower. The living space was nice with a kitchenette which included full size fridge, microwave, a sink and a cooktop. We also had a table for eating. The living area had a pullout sofa (which to sit on was very uncomfortable), a TV and desk area. The balcony was nice with two chairs and a table. The entire suite was neat and clean. There are not many tv channels to,choose from nor a TV guide of any sort. There was also no luggage rack to put our luggage on. As another poster said, i think the suites are backwords. when you first walk in the bedroom its the first room you enter from the concrete hallway. The living space is towards the ocean. I didnt like that you had to walk through the bedroom with dirty shoes to get to the livingroom. we did remove our shoes in the bedroom entry but still it was awkward to have all,of the outdoor germs in the bedroom area. Overall, we had a very positive experience. The staff was wonderful from Jamie at the front desk to Jose, the breakfast server. We did eat our meals at the H2O restaurant and found it to be good. Sometimes it seemed the restraunt was understaffed. It didn't seem as professional as I would like. We had the bar tender as our server one evening and it was odd that we didn't have a regular server dressed on some sort of uniform. However,The bar tender did a good job and was very friendly. I may add that the tip IS included in your bill when you get it. I wish someone would have brought that to our attention because for,our first meal we tipped additionally. I sorta felt like they were trying to put one over on us by not telling us not to tip as it was included. I think the restaurant is more like a bar and grill. They have better items on the menu for a heavier price but due to the atmosphere, I think they would do better with menu items of a grill and not a restaurant.....maybe choices of sandwiches such as club sandwich, roast beef, ruben sandwiches and a nice choice of soups and salads. Maybe onion rings along with fries. More appropriate foods for outdoors and beach setting. I had a chicken sandwich one evening and it was good and another evening inhad chicken cordon bleu. That was also good. My husband had a steak and it was tough and the other evening he had fish platter and it was ok. One thing that was odd was that the people who cleaned the pool were doing it at 9:30 in the morning when people were trying to swim. It made no sense why it wouldn't be done earlier when patrons weren't using the pool?? I give high marks to this hotel for renovating and making their guests very comfortable. From the research I've been doing, it seems that this is one of the best on the beach. I just wish it was in a better section (maybe on the 3000 block) of town. We will return here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Wow, I must say this is one of the longest responses I have ever seen and I want to thank you for being so diligent and thorough about your visit. I see that we moved you to an upgraded room which I am glad we were able to assist with that. Our staff is trained to remember your name so that you know you are at a place that truly welcomes you to our property and we are very glad that you picked us for your stay. As far as the gratuity goes as stated in the last comment we do an 18% gratuity because most international travelers do not tip because it is not required in there country so when they come here our servers do rely on that for income. We do put that on the menu and if you are dissatisfied with the server we will take it off they still must earn it.As far as the pool guy goes he is usually here about 7.00 am so I am not sure why he was here so late that day I will look into that. I hope that this addressed your concerns and I am so glad you did not let that ruin your stay in fact it seems as though you had a very memorable stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again to our property.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

This is an amazing location for the price, but guests are not happy about the sneaky 18% on every meal. The location and beach is perfect for pleasure or business. Great place for kids is they eat free. Most of the guests were not happy at all about the sneaky 18% out tip on all bar and restaurant checks. I am happy to pay 20% when I have great service, but was MAD I had to pay 18% to a snotty bar tender who could care less about service because she was already getting her tip. Even the Canadians and Australian’s complained about the tipping issue. My company does not reimburse 18%. Like I said clean property, nice location, but eat elsewhere. Front desk staff were wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

We do charge an 18% gratuity because we get a lot of international travelers and in there country they do not have to tip as the servers get paid more. Our servers in the US rely on those tips so we charge it. We are not trying to be sneaky as we post that on the menus. Now if you are dissatisfied with the server then we will take the tip off. I hope this clears up matters and I see that you did really enjoy your overall stay so thank you for sharing.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Our first time at Daytona Beach. We stayed here for a weekend (27-28 April 2013) with our 3 yr old son and he absolutely loved it. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Rooms are clean. Beach is at your doorstep and the hotel is in the middle of the long stretch of road where all the hotels are, so it's very accessible to restaurants, parks, etc. We don't drink so didn't like the bar being so central to the hotel and pool area. But overall an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

We are very glad that you had such a wonderful time. We like to think of our hotel as a cruise ship on land. You can just stay right here and enjoy all that we have to offer as a true resort. Do not sell yourself short with anyone saying they have a resort qualify it. It will be the difference between having so much more to do and your children will have a blast. Just come and stay here and save yourself the hastle..

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We used points to stay at this hotel on this trip but we would defintely pay to stay here again. The hotel is up-to-date, clean and rooms are great. Due to us using points, we had a room with an obstructed view of the ocean, but we could still see it. The pool area is outstanding: Big, clean and lot of seating. The fact that it's right on the ocean made it all the more special. Would definitely stay here again when visiting Daytona Beach!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

I am so glad that you liked our property. We want each and every guest to have a memorable stay. So as people read these reviews know that we are a great choice for your getaway. We have everything you need right here at the property to relax and take it all in.