We decided to choose a three day beach getaway while in Orlando. Daytona was close enough and while we normally choose the gulf coast we decided to stay on the Atlantic side this time. We read the reviews and honestly, this place is awesome!!! The building has clearly been renovated. We were surprised to see the rooms updated, with a mini kitchen, all updated features in the room and it was soooo clean. The view from the balcony was amazing. The beach was breathtaking!!! Each evening before or after a rain storm you can even witness cars being pulled out of the sand by the beach patrol because they managed to get stuck in the sand-brilliant!!!!!
The beach was clean and had a lifeguard present. The pool was busy during the day with families but even busier at night and looked amazing from our fourth floor balcony as it lit up with different colours!!! There was even a fire pit and updated furniture by the pool area.
Breakfast and lunch in the restaurant on the deck of the restaurant was a great deal and pretty tasty!! Kids ate free with each adult meal! The food was well prepared, and there many healthier choices on the menu should you prefer them!!
The staff were great! We encountered many friendly and helpful staff from check in, to housekeeping, to restaurant staff and all the way to check out!!!!
There are three elevators but since many tend to use the one in the middle, it can be a bit frustrating and busy waiting for awhile. Once we started walking over to the side elevator, our wait time was definitely minimized!
We did have a problem when booking the room with the reservation staff for holiday inn resorts but once I dealt with the manager at the hotel, she cleared it up and made things right!!!!
My family will definitely be back to Daytona, especially this hotel since we do travel to Orlando often to visit family!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located directly on the world's most famous beach. We are a full service hotel. We will have a 3 star, 3 Diamond rating. We offer a Kids Splash park, fire pits, over sized pool, jacuzzi, indoor/outdoor restaurant, room service, private balconies and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Kognitiv US Corp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront Hotel Daytona Beach
- Hotel On The Beach
- Inn On The Beach
- On The Beach Daytona
- Beach Daytona
- Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront Florida