“Great Place to Stay At Daytona Beach!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront

Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #9 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Buffalo, NY
“Great Place to Stay At Daytona Beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is a great hotel to stay at whether you are in town for business or going on vacation. The hotel was recently remodeld so it is in very nice shape, very clean, very visually asthetic, and the level of service is great by the staff. The rooms are very nice, they all have ocean views, and the pool area / hot tub are also very nice. The restaruant at the hotel has good food also. One other great thing is that the hotel has beach access. The only downside is that the property is a little outside of the touristie areas if that is what you want to do. Me being on business, I don't care about that.

Especially excellent is bar tender Sue. Great fast service, bubbly fun personality, great bar tender. The other bar tender Carl is boring, irritable and annoying. I also noticed that nobody is at the bar when he is working because apparently I am not the only one that dislikes him. I know the other people I travel with also do not like him. We only go to the bar when Sue is working, and when she is we stay there until close.

Spencer Neal
Buffalo, NY

Room Tip: Opt for the suite with the jacuzzi tub. The Patio balcony is larger and the view is better., make su...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you for sharing your visit with us. I am glad that you did enjoy your overall visit, but Carl is a good bartender and all the girls really enjoy his stories so I am thinking that it is a guy thing and that you enjoy visiting with Sue. I can understand that as well as she is also a very good bartender. I hope you will give Carl another chance on your next visit and ask him the story about John Travolta very interesting. Thanks for sharing and also visiting with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
Prestatyn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights at end of July. The room was fairly bright and airy but the A/C was very noisy and sleeping next to it was freezing. Perhaps it could be sited away from the bed? Staff were very helpful at front desk. The "activities Coordinator" was the most patronising person I have ever met. She had a really piercing voice and spoke to the guests like they were all 7year olds. The hotel management really need to get rid. She ruined our time by the pool with her silly games.
Daytona Beach itself is a very tacky and appears quite dirty in places. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea front room..not a sea VIEW there can be a difference !
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
I am glad that you stayed at our hotel and took the time to give us some feedback. Our air conditioners are all new so I am not sure why yours was noisy. I hope you called the front desk to get that fixed as this is not a problem that I hear of very often. As far as the comment about Jamie goes she is our activities director and they need to have an outgoing personality as well as be loud so everyone can hear on the pool deck while entertaining guest. It only last about 30 minutes and then comes back in about 2 hours as she has other things going on in the kids room. We get a lot of great comments about Jamie and I think if we had someone that was not loud then we would get more complaints that people can't hear her. As far as being patronizing goes she is just a very friendly person and would not want you to think that is how she is at all . She is very polite and kind. I see that you did enjoy your stay overall and I want to thank you for giving us a very good rating.
birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

this is the third time we have stayed here, and again, it was just fab. We'd had a long day travelling but the staff were so welcoming it was so worth it. We were recognised as previous guests and had been upgraded to a sea view room which was lovely.
The hotel is always nice and clean and the restaurant served some fantastic food.
This is in such a lovely location, right on the beach and close to most attractions.
Many thanks to the staff for another great stay!!!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade if they have any - the sea view is lovely and it's great to wake up to the so...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
I am so glad that you have visited with us now three times. This is truly a testament to our property when we have repeat guest. Thank you for recognizing our staff as they also realize the importance of you staying with us. We are looking forward to your fourth visit and we are so glad that we are your only choice when visiting the Daytona Beach area. Keep making those everlasting memories.
North Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Checked in for a couple days on the beach with family. Two rooms, very comfortable. very clean. Front desk staff was smiling and genuinely helpful. We got settled in, went to the beach and the pool and thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon. Dinner at the H2O bar and grill was a little pricey, but delicious. Room phones worked great, free Wi-Fi worked okay. The curtains were very heavy and helped keep the room comfortable during sunrise, when the sun beamed directly in through the huge picture window overlooking the beach, very nice indeed. This was my first stay in a Holiday Inn in a long while, and I enjoyed it very much. My only "complaint" would be that the kiddie pool was down for our entire visit.

Room Tip: I'd recommend that you do the relatively low price upgrade from ocean view to ocean front.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us and also taking the time to share your stay. I am glad that your overall stay was very memorable. The prices in the restaurant are very competitive in the area. We do a price comparison so we stay competitive with all food outlets. We had a part break on the kids splash park and we did a rush order. We received it and it was up and running the very next day. That was a problem that was beyond our control. I am glad that you enjoyed all of our other wonderful amenities while you were here and we look forward to your next stay.
Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

After spending 5 nights at the JW Marriott in Orlando, we headed to the Holiday Inn in Daytona Beach for three nights (08/12-08/16). We had a wonderful visit at the hotel. The front desk staff was always cheerful and smiling, our room was clean, the beds were comfortable. The restaurant on site had good food with reasonable prices. The bar drinks, however, were just okay. The beach was nice - powdery sand, warm water and small waves. Our 12-year old loved it. There are trucks on the beach where you can rent boogie boards, umbrellas, lounge chairs etc. The hotel provides beach and pool towels. We did not have any issues parking and always found a spot. It's centrally located with the boardwalk a short drive from the hotel. Felt it was an excellent value for the price.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle M
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
I am glad that you felt like the value was there for what you paid. This property offers many amenities that other resorts just do not offer. As you probably noticed while you were here it is a very popular resort and our goal is to satisfy every guest every time. We try and make your stay a memorable one as we want you to come back year after year as your favorite place to come to while you are visiting the Daytona Beach area. Thank you for a great review.
Casselberry, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

We checked in early on Saturday 8/17 and the system was down. We wanted to request the same room we had the last time we were there. So, Jenny at the front desk wrote down which room and our cell number. In about 10 minutes max., Jenny called us and got us our room. She helped us in every way, including a key to get back into the pool area from the parking lot, parking tag, etc... We felt that Jenny went above and beyond for us than anyone else would have. Thank you Jenny for taking such good care of our needs!! we had a great time again, and will be back. We hope Jenny's there at the front desk again!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms on south side are bigger, quieter, and convenient to the pool and beach.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you for a great review! I am glad that Jenny made your stay even more enjoyable. I will definitely let her know. I never get tired of seeing the great reviews. This tells us that we on the right track. What better way to know than from the guest that have already stayed at our property. We will look forward to your return.
Dallas, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Oceanfront for 3 nights on our way home from a 4 night stay at Universal Studios. This was a nice relaxing surprise. The rooms were recently renovated and clean. The beach was nice, loved the powdery sand. The pool area needs some umbrella's poolside...there is no shade. The food was ok. Lots of convenient parking. I liked the fact that there were towels available at the front desk for the pool/beach. My only complaint is that we did not receive our 5 a.m. wakeup call the morning we were leaving to catch a early flight...good thing I woke up! I set a wakeup call on the phone system and I also asked the front desk to call and we never rec'd either. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher level...the view is beautiful.
Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Steff C
I am glad that you had such a relaxing getaway. This is what we tell everybody that visits Orlando. Go to all the theme parks, but allow a few extra days to just relax. You definitely picked the right place. I will look into why you did not receive a wake up call and I am glad that it all worked out for you. We will look forward to welcoming you back.