“Great Place to Stay”

Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #5 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I had great service all the way around. The front desk clerks.. Jim and DJ were very courteous. Then the restr. servers were great especially Jose! The place was clean and almost manicured. I would go back. Jan Thompson

Room Tip: Ocean view would be great
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review. I will let John, Jose and DJ know what a difference they made in your stay. I am glad that you had such a great time. We will look forward to welcoming you back again real soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I spent the 2nd half of our honeymoon at this hotel and really enjoyed it. The view from the room was beyond amazing! The only thing was that the water in the shower was not hot at all. It was slightly warm. Overall, a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

We are delighted that you chose to share such a special and memorable moment with us. I agree, the view from the rooms is amazing and so wonderful to wake up to each morning. Your comments and concerns will be addressed. Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon....Maybe on your Anniversary

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This was a nice place to stay. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. The only thing is the area. We went in Mid-September and the entire area was in shut down mode. Besides lounging at the hotel pool and the beach there was nothing to do. Even local restaurants had closed for the season. The only restaurants that the hotel staff could recommend were chains ie. Applebees, Chli's....

Bottom line is I would recommend this hotel just not staying in September.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for such kind words, we are happy you enjoyed yourselves here at our resort. We value all feedback and love to here both our accomplishments and also how we can improve. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn Resort Daytona for your vacation getaway.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Very family friendly! Had a terrific time, lots of fun for all ages. My kids loved the kiddy area and had a blast doing the activities with Jamie! We ate at the restaurant and didn't leave the hotel the whole time.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

That is great. I love hearing people say that they never even left the resort. There is so much to do here to keep you and your family entertained. Jamie is awesome and a great activities director. She really knows how to have fun. I am so glad that you stayed with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We went to Daytona Beach for one night at the end of our Walt Disney World trip. I chose this hotel based on reviews from TripAdvisor and the fact that it was oceanfront. We were a bit concerned with the surrounding area as it looked to be a big run-down. There were also signs posted everywhere about the hotel not being responsible for items left in the cars (which always worries me). The hotel lobby though was very nice inside and looked to be recently remodled. The rooms were equally nice and very modern looking. We had what I believe was called a family suite which included a bunk bed and two double beds. This gave our family of four some room to spread out in the hotel room. The room was very clean too.

The pool area was very nice and had very updated, comfortable furniture. We also enjoyed being able to access the beach right from the pool area. At night, we saw they had little fire pits lit and people enjoying themselves sitting around the fire.

The price of the room was a little high for September (mostly off season), but the hotel was nice and oceanfront.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the family suite which includes a bunk bed as well as two double beds.
1  Thank AuntTra
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

I am really glad that you had such a nice stay. We only post those signs so that people do not leave expensive items in the car as we have safes in the rooms. We do not have any problems with theft in the area, but all hotels have signage to let you know we are not liable. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your visit with others.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

First time being at the Holiday Inn on the beach.. The smell of the hotel was fresh and clean, our room with the view of the beach was breath taking and our room was very clean too. the staff from the front desk staff to the housekeepers was very nice and helpful. I will be going back with my family again. We found no problems at all.

Room Tip: Get the higher floor up and not near the elevators.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

I can see that you had a wonderful time and I am glad that you had such a memorable stay. This helps others as they try and decide on where to stay. Thank you so much and we are looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

My boyfriend, best friend, and I stayed here Sept 15 - 18th for the first half of my 23rd birthday trip. We arrived after midnight, but the guy at the front desk (James I think) was very kind and was already looking out for us (we ran into terrible rain), He had our room keys ready and was very informative about the events taking place on the property during our stay. Upon check-in, my boyfriend cut his leg on the luggage cart and James was very helpful getting him cleaned and bandaged up.

While we were unpacking, a roach the size of a fig newton bar made his presence known from the closet. Luckily, that was the only insect we found in our room throughout our stay. The room was very clean and the bathroom was nice.The pool and Jacuzzi area was nice especially the fact they had a salt water pool.

We had a king size suite room that had a queen size pull out couch. If we visit the Daytona Beach area again we'd definitely stay again if nothing cheaper was available.

Room Tip: Get an ocean front room if you can...beautiful morning view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks for staying with us. Sometimes even as often as we spray when it rains it does tend to bring a bug indoors. They do not survive long because of all the spraying we do. I hope you called the front desk so that we could of taken care of that for you. It is a rare occasion. I am glad that you did not let that bother your stay. Please come and see us again real soon.