“This is a Holiday Inn!?” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront

Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #9 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Plantation
“This is a Holiday Inn!?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I didn't know Holiday Inns got this nice! The staff was great! DJ at the front desk was super welcoming and made sure we were very happy. Our room wasn't all that big, nor were the "queen" size beds (I still don't believe it was a queen size), but the view totally made up for it. Everything was new and I loved the style. The walls weren't your typical white or ugly tan, they actually had some warm colors and pretty pictures! It just wasn't your typical hotel room.

The exterior doors and windows were very heavy duty, so we didn't hear a peep from the pool area when it was closed. I didn't hear the neighbors nor doors slamming from the outside. That is a million thumbs up.

I love that they give us Bath and Body Works products for the shampoo, conditioner, etc.! What an awesome touch. The bathroom was spacious and the towels weren't comparable to sandpaper. Finally.

The H2o restaurant had lovely service. The food was very good too.

The pool area is fantastic. Super comfortable loungers, an additional pool for the kids, a deep adult pool, a nice hot tub and FIRE PITS! How awesome was that. You can hang out in the evening by one of the two fire pits and listen to the waves crash onto shore. So amazing.

We were only here for one night, so we didn't experience the beach, but it looked clean! No chairs were outside, so maybe bring your own if you're from the area..

Overall, I would love to come back here for a "staycation". I recommend this resort for anyone looking for a relaxing, fun-filled getaway.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Whitebeach34515, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for your response. I see that DJ has done it again . I will definitely let him know about your comment. I am glad that you had a great time and that we exceeded your expectations as a Holiday Inn. We are a true resort and have many amenities to offer you to keep you at the property. Next time you need to stay longer to take it all in and yes I can assure you those are queen size beds. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

It's mini resort on Daytona Beach and I had a wonderful stay. I checked in with DJ and Moe at the front desk and they where so helpful, it was great. I just got back from the Bahamas and the scuba diving was great but the service was terrible and they have a tip in the bill already whether the deserve it or not. Long story short it was so nice to pull into Daytona get a hotel on the beach for a great price and have EXCELLENT service by DJ and Moe they where helpful in telling us what was going on in the area as well as the hotel. We had some good food in the restaurant the bartender was really nice, we listened to some good music on the patio and the next morning watched a beautiful sunrise over the Atlantic the next morning. I love the deep pool and being able to drive on the beach. I totally recommend this Hotel to anyone and everyone who wants to come to Daytona Beach. They have a great staff and great location with a good price on the rooms. 5 star all the way. Oh and the beds are so comfortable too. We stayed in 720 it was a nice clean room with a great view.

Room Tip: Just talk to Dj or Moe about what's going on around town and they will help you out.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jon M
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you so much for recognizing some of our award winning employees. I will be sure and let them know what you had to say on how they made a difference in your stay. I always said that you can have any type of hotel you want, but if you do not have the right employees then you better just close it down because it will not be a profitable establishment. We strive to make sure you have a memorable stay. Without you we would not be here. So please come back again real soon and thank you again for sharing.
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Great check in with Jenny, so nice and inviting (great start)..room was clean with an amazing view. H2O pasta with shrimp was so good, restaurant staff were wonderful.
Jenny remembered our name each time we came thru the lobby! Thanks Jenny ;-). We'll be back!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
I will pass along your comment to Jenny. She loves knowing that she made a difference in your stay. She is one of many award winning employees who always go the extra mile to ensure a memorable stay. We will look forward to welcoming you back again. Thank you for your kind comments.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Our professional association group held a two day seminar at this Hotel, which is right on beautiful Daytona Beach front. The staff's service was great and everything we had hoped for. The "surprise" of the stay was the excellent food for our meetings, lunch and dinner. The hidden gem of their casual restaurant was a hit with our crowd and everyone enjoyed their rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for staying with us. I am so glad that everyone really had a nice time. The food here is very good at reasonable prices. I am looking forward to having your group again so just give us a call and we will get you taken care of.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a nice resort hotel located directly on the beach. What we got was a overpriced resort. Jenny at the front desk was very rude and told us we are to early. For a night paying 260$ a expect a warm welcome. The pool towels were very small and not really new. Wifi, Parking ... is included im the resort fee. Our suite was dirty and dark. There are no chairs at the beach. The pool is ok - but the hot tub not very nice - next to the maintenance area.

We can not recommand this hitel for this price. There are better hotels to stay.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank fphabegger
Thank you for sharing your stay with us. I spoke with Jenny about your concern and she stated that you arrived at 9.30 am and that you were upset because you could not check in. We have a 4.00 check in policy so we have time to get the rooms ready from the busy day before as people do not have to check out until 11.00 am. The rates are competitive in the market place during a special event. The hot tub is not next to the maintenance area , however it is next to the pump which has to supply the heat to it. I also see that you stayed in one of our suites and I am sure if the suite was really bad we would of switched you. We just had our inspection on cleanliness with Holiday Inn and we received a 98% about three days ago. You can bring or rent your chairs at the beach we do supply chairs at the pool deck only. We appreciate you staying with us and I do hope you will see by the many other comments that we run a very tight ship here while making sure every guest has a memorable stay.
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

This was one of the best HIR I've stayed in. The front desk was very friendly and made me feel welcome from the time I walked in. My room was very nice. Love that all of the rooms have ocean view. My favorite part was sitting outside eating dinner watching the sun go down and then sitting by the fire pit enjoying the night. Sat with total strangers but felt like we were at "summer camp" helped me relax after a long work day. The best part was I was planning on spending the rest of the weekend elsewhere and that was a disaster, called HIR and they got me right back in at a discounted rate for all my troubles elsewhere. Thank you every employee of this very comfortable Holiday Inn. I will be back soon.

Room Tip: All of them I stayed in where nice.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kberthiaume, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Well I am sorry that you ran into some troubles elsewhere, but that you were able to relax once you stayed with us. Sounds like you had a great time while visiting our resort. Thank you for staying with us. We are like family here so you will always feel right at home. We will look forward to your next return.
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

I booked two rooms for my family, one king suite and a room with two queens. The king suite had a bedroom and living room separated by a bathroom. The living room area was spacious and had a sink, microwave and fridge. The balcony was off the living room. The queen room was rather small but adequate except the bathroom was almost uncomfortably small. We were on the eighth floor and the view from the balconies was fantastic. I thought the rooms seemed musty smelling but I don't think it was the room, just the ocean smell. I noticed the same smell at other places we visited. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was great, no complaints there. I appreciated you could take the elevator down to the pool level without having to walk through the lobby to get there. The beach access was great, just warning to disabled travelers there is a set of stairs down to the beach. The beach in front of the hotel is fantastic. We were only going to be on the beach one day and we wanted lounge chairs and umbrellas for shade. The desk clerk at check in was able to provide us with a name and number to call for rental. If you are interested in that be sure to ask. The rental person was great and set everything up for us for the day. My granddaughter bounced from the ocean to the pool and back several times and thoroughly enjoyed both. We don't visit the beach often, but other than some objections to the bathroom size, I would probably return here.

Room Tip: If there were only two of us traveling I would still spring for the king suite.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking the time to share your stay with us. We always welcome any feedback. There is a ramp next door to get you on the beach just an FYI when you come again. This is the first time I heard about the bathrooms being small as I know from other hotels these are bigger than your normal bathrooms would be The ocean does tend to have a little musty smell from time to time if you are not use to it, but it comes and goes with the wind. I am very glad that your overall stay was very memorable and that you will come back and stay with us next time.