“Attitude of excellence”

Ranked #10 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Attitude of excellence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We arrived at 2:30 a.m. 5/31/14 and was greeted with a smile by a Mr. Rolando whom made our check in a smooth and quick experience. After extending for another day because of the hotel's beautiful arrangements, activities and amenities we Jacqui and crew. My fiancee and I will definitely be going back again in the near future. Thank you guys for a wonderful birthday weekend.

Room Tip: See Mr. Rolando.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Maureen S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank YOU! Rolando is a great example of our "Above and Beyond" team and we are so glad you enjoyed your time with us!

We sincerely appreciate you and look forward to your return soon!

Regards and best wishes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
Omaha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Clean rooms, nice beds,beautiful ocean view restaurant and bar good service very friendly people began the front desk everything was wonderful I will stay again on my next vacation my kids really enjoy the swimming pool area lots fun

• Stayed May 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us!

We look forward to your return soon - and also to becoming your tradition when in Daytona Beach!

Providence
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Room was very nice and clean with an outstanding view. The staff is great
and Lona hooked me up with a great room since I'm priority member. I had a great dinner sitting outside on the deck and the bartender was awesome and she makes the best margarita in
Daytona. :) I stayed for a week and overall it was a very comfortable and relaxing
experience. I would definitely return for another stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Maureen S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thanks! We appreciate your recognition of our Above and Beyond team.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Its a typical older holiday inn that has gone through renovations and is in very nice condition. Very Clean, excellent service, rooms were reasonably spacious. Beach front and all rooms appear to overlook the ocean. Food was good but seating inside was uncomfortable. Place had two little firepits, a kids play pool and a larger pool. There were some seats for outdoor dining and that was fine. I would recommend for lunch and breakfast, but find somewhere else if you want a decent sit down dining experience.
I booked two rooms, one on points and one i paid for. Very reasonably priced but know upgrade offered for Platinum status which is always a disappointment.

The cons: Again for the price, i dont think you can go wrong but.. They really need to change the name. This is not a resort so dont let the name fool you like it did me. They dont even have an outside tiki bar. Two firepits and some paving stones dont qualify this as a resort. The beach is relatively narrow and cars driving in both directions at high tide make it a little wierd. Also, the cars park right in front of the hotel and blast country, hip hop, rap, rock. All seem to be competing with who has a louder car radio. I know its Daytona and driving on the beach is cool, but come on, dueling radios?? Not the hotels fault. Lifeguard chair right in front of hotel on beach. Parking i though was a problem as i could not find a place to park on the first night. I had to ask the desk who pointed out parking across the road. On vacation, i dont pay that close attention to the bill at lunch time. They add 18% regardless of the size of the party. I of course tipped 20% without looking at the bill detail and the server never pointed it out. I complained the next day and you would think that the least they would have done was comp me a free couple of drinks or something. I know, my fault for not paying attention. I mentioned it at check out and they didnt seem to care other than to say here is a free drink coupon. Great just what i need when i am walking our the door to get in my car.

The location is off the beaten path and away from the nicer area of Daytona. Some vacant building and remnants of foundations of older hotel that was once next door. Pretty trashy if you ask me. This place is not in walking distance of anything like food or attractions or the nice part of Daytona, near the conference center. Again, not the hotels fault, and for the price what do you expect??

Fine for families with younger kids. Ones with older kids (mid to late teens) its pretty boring.

While the place was nice, clean and affordable with ocean views, I would likely look for somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Avoid the first or second floor if you want a view. All rooms overlook the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kevin A
We appreciate your candid comments and we are glad you enjoyed our amenities. You are correct, we are in a quieter part of the beach, but within 2 miles of attractions.

Spring Hill, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

the girl at the front desk was very sweet. we showed up at 11am and she let us check in that early. the room we booked was an ocean view but she put us in a "partial ocean view" which was just on the side of the building instead of the back. i didn't complain though since she let us check in so early. the room was very clean. the door to our room was weird, had to pull it really hard to get it to close. i don't know if that's just our room, but if you're staying here i'd definitely double check that the door is closed all the way before you leave your stuff in there. the bed was very hard, but i was pleased with everything else about the room.

1 Thank omglrn
Thank you! Our front desk team are great ambassadors! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us and very happy we were able to accommodate your early arrival.

Please come back soon!

Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed over Memorial Day weekend. Staff we're very friendly and helpful...front desk, housekeeping, restaurant, pool area..all staff were fantastic. Special thanks to Jennifer and Becca with activities...they were very attentive and patient in the arts and crafts activities with my 7yr old Grandaughter and her friend.
The room was clean and beds were very comfortable. Only problem was the AC unit was very close to one of the beds, blowing cold air right next to the head of the bed.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms have a great view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Jennifer and Becca are great examples of our Above and Beyond team. We are so glad your granddaughter enjoyed her time with us.

Thank you for your positive comments and we look forward to your return soon.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

I booked the romance package for our anniversary as a surprise to my wife. We're in our seventies, so we're not spring chickens. The package comes with six roses and a bottle of champagne. I made a special request for twelve roses...one of each of the long years of our marriage (my wife's words). The bouquet was beautiful. My wife absolutely loved it and brought it home with us along with the champagne. The weekend couldn't have worked out better. The staff there were very friendly. When you walked by they would look up and say hi. It's not the newest hotel on the beach, but the people working there obviously enjoy their jobs and are customer oriented. My wife never stopped telling me how much she enjoyed the hotel and our special weekend together there. She says we need to do this more often.

I highly recommend this hotel and the romance package is well worth the additional money. Go for it!

Room Tip: The suites overlooking the beach are worth it.
1 Thank Gary P
Thank you for your kind comments! We are so glad you enjoyed your special occasion with us and we look forward to your return soon!

We appreciate being part of your special memories.