“Stayed through a marketing firm”

Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #10 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Malone, New York
“Stayed through a marketing firm”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The front desk staff was very friendly and professional; however, the property itself was dated, though clean; parking was sub-par, the restaurant was mediocre, and it was more a hotel than a resort!!

Room Tip: Try to get a fourth or fifth floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Herman W
Maureen S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for your candid comments regarding your recent visit to our Resort - you are correct, our parking areas were very busy - we were sold out! We value your experiences and your concerns have been addressed with our management team.

We appreciate your recognition of our Above and Beyond team members. We hope you will give us another try in a slower time period to enjoy our amenities and accommodations.

Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Having a great time reading these reviews as I am sitting on my bed here on the 4th floor! We have been coming here since before it was a Holiday Inn and it never gets old. As I was choosing my room on-line at home, I had an opportunity to purchase a "children's suite" with bunk beds. This was great as myself and my 19 year old always get beds and my 15 year old ends up with one of us. Since one of my daughter's friends came this trip, I thought we would try this option. It is GREAT! Separate little room with tv and twin bunk beds. And we had our 2 queens. PERFECT. We ate at the restaurant last night while enjoying the live music. The food was delicious. Large private ocean FRONT rooms with a large balcony. Sitting here now listening to the ocean waves and laughter of happy children at the pool. All staff has been wonderful. Thanks Amanda for you warm welcome. All of the staff is friendly and we look forward to our next stay!

Room Tip: Try a "child's suite" if you need bunk beds. Reasonably priced and gives 4 people thei...
2 Thank Renee S
Thank you for planning your next visit while still with us! This is a great compliment and we appreciate your recognition of our Above and Beyond team! Amanda is a new addition to our team and we agree, she is a great ambassador of hospitality!

We are so honored you regard us as your "home" in Daytona - it is always our pleasure to welcome you.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

After driving to Orlando from Richmond, VA, we were greeted with a less than welcoming attitude from our ORIGINAL hosting resort...not saying any names but it rhymes with Bummerday...just sayin'. So after four days of lizards and a ?palmetto bug? aka REALLY BIG ROACH in our condo, rude staff and a Jacuzzi with gunk around the jets...we were not very excited to go to Daytona Beach, but since I'd paid for it, we decided to just 'rough it' the rest of the trip. Upon arriving late, we were GREETED with Southern hospitality, including but not limited to, a smiling, anticipating Guest Service gentleman named, DJ. DJ instantly alleviated all of the disdain that I was feeling toward this trip...so much so, I finally felt relaxed. He had my reservation in hand and even recognized me when I came through the door...still trying to figure that one out. :-) Also, behind that desk was, Amanda, whom was also as welcoming. I appreciated their service so much, I upgraded to an oceanfront room...that turned out to be GORGEOUS. There was a big balcony, clean beds, no bugs or lizards (my son unintentionally left the balcony door open a few times)...and a pristine tub (no bleach or shower shoes required). Every time we walked past the front desk, we were greeted with a smile. If anything was needed, it was done. I'm so elated that I was able to get something positive from this vacation. The pool is beachside with access to the beach. There is a poolside bar/grill. The Jacuzzi was clean and hot. Having so much fun and finally enjoying our vacation, we decided to stay another day. The kids went to Daytona Lagoon, which they enjoyed, as did I, with the coupons DJ and Amanda gave me. The location is near the movies, arcades, souvenir shops, food, etc. Holiday Inn Resort in Daytona Beach is truly a jewel. Thank you so much, DJ, Amanda, Jessie, Zuleyma, Janet, and all the awesome staff that made my vacation memorable...for good reason. I can't wait to return!!! Muah!

Room Tip: We stayed oceanfront for a small upgrade...and it was awesome.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Maureen S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
YOU are VERY important to us!! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us - our Abpve amd Beyond team is awesome - DJ, Amanda, Jessie, Zuleyma and Janet are perfect examples of our "southern hospitality" and it I so kind of you to mention them by name.

Of course - we want to be your new tradition in Florida - we really appreciate your recognition of our Resort and our team - we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Daytona visit - and we appreciate your staying "one more day" with us - that is a true compliment!

Long Island City, New York
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My family was supose to drive straight thru. to south fl. and decided to stop in daytona beach.out of all the hotels we picked this Holiday Inn.. from the second we walked in the front door, until we left the staff was so amazing we rerouted our whole trip to come back there on our way home for another 2 nites... great staff especially jessie and amanda, at the front desk who went out of there way to accommodate us both times.. and Jamie doing a great job. entertaining the kids, with games... food in the restaurant excellent. The view and enviornment when u step out the back door. was just amazing. the pool and the ocean all in one..
and the beautiful cement work around the pool and firepits. just breathtaking we will always make that our lst stop when we drive to florida in the future....

Room Tip: get the oceanfront... nothing like it...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
We appreciate YOU! Thank you - for choosing us - and for returning for an additional two nights!
That is quite a compliment and our Above and Beyond team members thank you:)

Amanda, Jessie and Jamie are awesome examples of our Above and Beyond philosophy and perfect ambassadors of hospitality.

We want to be your tradition in Daytona - hurry back soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed here one night during a trip to Disney. Hotel was very easy to find, located close to shops, food, etc. Clean lobby and rooms. Perfect access to hotel pools and the beach. Room was perfect size (very large) and we had a beautiful view of the beach. Great price considering all and a lot of great reviews from others.

Would stay again in the future (4ppl, 2 adults, 2 kids (5 & 7))

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Charles R
We LOVE being your stopover for Disney! Thank you for choosing our Resort and we hope you will return on your next Daytona visit.

Cross City, Florida
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed the first weekend in July and had a fantastic experience. The room was very clean, updated, great view from the balcony, and had plenty of towels. My boys loved the pool and could have spend the entire trip in it. It had key access to get in from the beach, which I loved. We had a lifeguard directly in front of the hotel. You have to drive to most things, but the hotel being so nice was worth it!

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your positive comments! We are pleased you and your family chose our Resort for your leisure time together - the kid's splash pool and pool deck are definitely popular!

We appreciate your recognition and we look forward to welcoming you again!
Gainesville, Florida, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We spent one night and were really impressed. The room was clean and modern. Nice beach view with a balcony. The staff is exceptional from check-in to check-out. I suggest having breakfast on the patio next to the pool. Excellent meal with a good view.

Room Tip: All rooms are beachfront and higher floors are better.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Maureen S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
We hope you can return soon for a longer stay! Thank you for noticing our Above and Beyond team - and we agree - breakfast on the pool deck is a great experience!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Daytona visit.