“Great Stay”

Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #5 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had a great time here. We needed a place close to Disney to unwind afterwards at the beach and this hotel delivered. The room was nicely furnished and decorated, and looks to have been remodeled fairly recently. We stayed in the 2 queen suite, and It was perfect for what we needed it for. I had one maintenance issue with the toilet and and the staff sent someone up within minutes, and even called to follow up after it was fixed, I was impressed. I can't think of anything bad to say. The hotel has exterior corridors, so there may be some noise in the hallways but it wasn't that bad. I want to give a very sincere Thank You to whoever in this hotels' management had the good sense to resist the growing trend of putting those pointless motion sensor thermostats in the rooms. They're everywhere at other hotels and I can't stand them. My room had an actual thermostat, and the room was comfortable, I could actually set the temperature. There's nothing I dislike more than paying to stay somewhere nice and waking up sweating. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Maureen S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for recognizing our hotel accommodations, amenities and Above and Beyond team!
We appreciate your selecting our Resort for your Daytona visit and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Inn after calling two weeks ahead for reservations. We were assured that we would get an OCEANFRONT room NOT OCEANVIEW! There is a difference. Of course when we arrived we were given an OCEANVIEW room. We tried to argue for what we were booked for, but they would not budge. We drove for over nineteen hours looking forward to our vacation and were very disappointed with our situation. We were told there was some kind of convention going on and even though we had booked an oceanfront room we were not going to get it. We tried to make the best of it, but when we decided to extend our stay in Daytona, we drove down Atlantic Avenue and went to the Days Inn. It is every bit as comfortable and less than half the price! Plus, we got OVEANFRONT! We have learned our lesson.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Shelley F

Thank you for your candid comments regarding your recent visit to our Resort. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.

We would like to welcome you on your next Daytona visit and we invite you to contact our GM directly for your future reservation.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Had a wonderful time here. The Holiday Inn is very clean cool and comfortable. the rooms are very well laid out and anything we asked for was taken care right away. We stayed on the 4th floor which was just perfect for the view. The kids had a great time playing the games and the food in restaurant was very good and the services excellent. My only area of concern was the pool area is very dark at night time and with young children that want to swim till the pool closes it was hard to see them very well in the water.

1  Thank dbrock77
Maureen S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

We are so pleased you enjoyed your recent time with us and you experienced our Above and Beyond hospitality! We appreciate your spending your family time with us - and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

May through October is our turtle nesting season and we are required by local ordinance to keep our lighting lower on the beach to protect the turtles - all hotels and residences on the beach have this criteria so our turtles can be drawn to safe areas for laying their eggs - then our Daytona Beach volunteer Turtle Patrol comes out to retrieve the eggs and place them in safe zones for hatching! This is always a special time in our area:)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The front desk staff was very friendly and professional; however, the property itself was dated, though clean; parking was sub-par, the restaurant was mediocre, and it was more a hotel than a resort!!

Room Tip: Try to get a fourth or fifth floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Herman W
Maureen S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your candid comments regarding your recent visit to our Resort - you are correct, our parking areas were very busy - we were sold out! We value your experiences and your concerns have been addressed with our management team.

We appreciate your recognition of our Above and Beyond team members. We hope you will give us another try in a slower time period to enjoy our amenities and accommodations.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Having a great time reading these reviews as I am sitting on my bed here on the 4th floor! We have been coming here since before it was a Holiday Inn and it never gets old. As I was choosing my room on-line at home, I had an opportunity to purchase a "children's suite" with bunk beds. This was great as myself and my 19 year old always get beds and my 15 year old ends up with one of us. Since one of my daughter's friends came this trip, I thought we would try this option. It is GREAT! Separate little room with tv and twin bunk beds. And we had our 2 queens. PERFECT. We ate at the restaurant last night while enjoying the live music. The food was delicious. Large private ocean FRONT rooms with a large balcony. Sitting here now listening to the ocean waves and laughter of happy children at the pool. All staff has been wonderful. Thanks Amanda for you warm welcome. All of the staff is friendly and we look forward to our next stay!

Room Tip: Try a "child's suite" if you need bunk beds. Reasonably priced and gives 4 people thei...
2  Thank Renee S

Thank you for planning your next visit while still with us! This is a great compliment and we appreciate your recognition of our Above and Beyond team! Amanda is a new addition to our team and we agree, she is a great ambassador of hospitality!

We are so honored you regard us as your "home" in Daytona - it is always our pleasure to welcome you.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

After driving to Orlando from Richmond, VA, we were greeted with a less than welcoming attitude from our ORIGINAL hosting resort...not saying any names but it rhymes with Bummerday...just sayin'. So after four days of lizards and a ?palmetto bug? aka REALLY BIG ROACH in our condo, rude staff and a Jacuzzi with gunk around the jets...we were not very excited to go to Daytona Beach, but since I'd paid for it, we decided to just 'rough it' the rest of the trip. Upon arriving late, we were GREETED with Southern hospitality, including but not limited to, a smiling, anticipating Guest Service gentleman named, DJ. DJ instantly alleviated all of the disdain that I was feeling toward this trip...so much so, I finally felt relaxed. He had my reservation in hand and even recognized me when I came through the door...still trying to figure that one out. :-) Also, behind that desk was, Amanda, whom was also as welcoming. I appreciated their service so much, I upgraded to an oceanfront room...that turned out to be GORGEOUS. There was a big balcony, clean beds, no bugs or lizards (my son unintentionally left the balcony door open a few times)...and a pristine tub (no bleach or shower shoes required). Every time we walked past the front desk, we were greeted with a smile. If anything was needed, it was done. I'm so elated that I was able to get something positive from this vacation. The pool is beachside with access to the beach. There is a poolside bar/grill. The Jacuzzi was clean and hot. Having so much fun and finally enjoying our vacation, we decided to stay another day. The kids went to Daytona Lagoon, which they enjoyed, as did I, with the coupons DJ and Amanda gave me. The location is near the movies, arcades, souvenir shops, food, etc. Holiday Inn Resort in Daytona Beach is truly a jewel. Thank you so much, DJ, Amanda, Jessie, Zuleyma, Janet, and all the awesome staff that made my vacation memorable...for good reason. I can't wait to return!!! Muah!

Room Tip: We stayed oceanfront for a small upgrade...and it was awesome.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Maureen S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

YOU are VERY important to us!! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us - our Abpve amd Beyond team is awesome - DJ, Amanda, Jessie, Zuleyma and Janet are perfect examples of our "southern hospitality" and it I so kind of you to mention them by name.

Of course - we want to be your new tradition in Florida - we really appreciate your recognition of our Resort and our team - we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Daytona visit - and we appreciate your staying "one more day" with us - that is a true compliment!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My family was supose to drive straight thru. to south fl. and decided to stop in daytona beach.out of all the hotels we picked this Holiday Inn.. from the second we walked in the front door, until we left the staff was so amazing we rerouted our whole trip to come back there on our way home for another 2 nites... great staff especially jessie and amanda, at the front desk who went out of there way to accommodate us both times.. and Jamie doing a great job. entertaining the kids, with games... food in the restaurant excellent. The view and enviornment when u step out the back door. was just amazing. the pool and the ocean all in one..
and the beautiful cement work around the pool and firepits. just breathtaking we will always make that our lst stop when we drive to florida in the future....

Room Tip: get the oceanfront... nothing like it...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

We appreciate YOU! Thank you - for choosing us - and for returning for an additional two nights!
That is quite a compliment and our Above and Beyond team members thank you:)

Amanda, Jessie and Jamie are awesome examples of our Above and Beyond philosophy and perfect ambassadors of hospitality.

We want to be your tradition in Daytona - hurry back soon!