My husband, 2 sons and I stayed at this hotel for a quick over night getaway in July. There really isn't anything negative to say about my stay as it was such a quick stay, howvere, I will bullet point quick observations of numerous areas:
* The room I had was clean, and had a side view of the beach and city with a balcony. Simple and to the point. Had the regular amenities you would expect: refrig, microwave, toiletries, coffee maker. I would recommend if you have the ability to stay in a higher room (I stayed on the 5th floor) so you can get a better view.
* The pool area was also very clean, with plenty of sitting areas and music playing in the background. They offered pool games that the kids (and kids at heart) would find fun and entertaining.
* The beach right outside the pool area is very clean and the sand powdery, so it was very easy to remove unlike that course, cling-to-you type of sand found on other beaches. They have umbrella and chair rentals that you can use all day/night -menaing you can rent them, leave for a few hours and come back and still have a guaranteed rental. They seemed to handle this process very well.
*The fitness center: Unfortunately this would be the only thing I would have to say negative about the hotel. It was terrible :(. Only a few machines and the ones they had were so rickety (if they worked) you could here the treadmill going down the hallway. The TV didn't work b/c there was no cable/satellite working so you could either look at snow or use you Ipad/Iphone/Android for entertainment. Also no free weights which is what i prefer, but they did have a weight machine.
* The arcade: I didn't personally use it but It is small and from what my sons told me, only 1 or 2 games out of their 5 or 6 actually worked so they didn't enjoy it at all.
I didn't get the chance to eat anything to comment on the food, but a bonus I did like was you get a ticket for 2 complimentary drinks upon arrival in the hotel bar as a thank you gift. The bar will tell you what drinks qualify, and there is a small fee for any upgrades to your drink selection.
Tip: If you need eye drops, small toiletries, snacks for the room etc, there is a 7-11 directly across the street that will save you a little $ from using the hotel's mini store.
Overall, for an overnight trip it was decent and I would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located directly on the world's most famous beach. We are a full service hotel. We will have a 3 star, 3 Diamond rating. We offer a Kids Splash park, fire pits, over sized pool, jacuzzi, indoor/outdoor restaurant, room service, private balconies and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Odigeo, TravelUp and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront Hotel Daytona Beach
- Hotel On The Beach
- Inn On The Beach
- On The Beach Daytona
- Beach Daytona
- Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront Florida