We were expected to stay in a cute little place by the ocean during our last stay in Florida. Nothing fancy but clean. We rented the place from the owner directly. While booking on the phone the owner made it sounds like the place is well kept. But during our 3 days stay in room 202, it was a horrible experience.
1. Bath tub is extremely dirty, the drain stopper was not even on, and it is sitting on the edge of the tub. Water does not drain properly, so as you shower, you'll see dirty, yucky, blackish stuff comes back from the drain. Very disgusting.
2. No remote control in the room, the owner would not tell you until you were in the room and call her and ask where the remote is, she would tell you the previous guest accidentally took it away. TV only has few antenna channels (with poor reception).
3. The room smells like somebody has been smoking in there for a long time.
4. We did not use their towels until our last day, coming home; both my son and I get rashes on our body from using their towels.
5. There is no air condition in the hallway and the room is adjacent to the trash dumpster, so it always smells bad.
6. During booking, when asked about internet connection, the owner told us sometimes there may not be good reception. But during our stay, we tried many time, we were not able to connect to the internet even once.
Overall, the place is filthy and unhygienic,
After called the owner and reported the problems, she acts like all are new to her and showed no intention to correct the issues.
It is shocking a room in such a filthy condition is still not pulled out of the market.
Please do not rent the place for your health and your loved ones’. Please do not let those lovely pictures on their website mislead you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Charming Oceanfront Daytona Beach Resort The oceanfront Harbour Beach Resort in beautiful Daytona Beach, Florida, provides spacious villas and easy access to white-sand beaches, watersports, area attractions, championship golf courses and the world-famous Daytona Beach Speedway. Daytona Beach is also a short, one-hour drive to Orlando and its amazing theme parks, including Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando. Vacationers have traveled to Daytona Beach for more than a century to enjoy the great year-round weather and Harbour Beach Resort is the perfect place for a resort getaway to "The World's Most Famous Beach." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Harbour Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbour Beach Hotel Daytona Beach
- Harbour Beach Daytona
- Harbour Beach Resort Daytona Beach, Florida