“An Absolutely Brilliant Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport

Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport
Ranked #37 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Barbados
“An Absolutely Brilliant Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

I spent five fantastic nights at the Courtyard Marriott – Daytona Beach at the end of February on a business trip. I arrived a Monday evening around 6:30pm and was promptly checked-in and inside my spacious room within 10 minutes of arrival. I got room 307 which is on the third floor with a fantastic view of the Daytona Beach International Airport runway which is just what I requested.

The Room
The room was very spacious with a King Size bed, couch, work table, wardrobe, chest of drawers, air-conditioning, ample lighting, high speed internet cable and WiFi, ironing board, iron, safe and flat screen television. I only discovered on my last night there that there was a refrigerator in the room, hidden away in a cupboard adjacent to the bed. Certain rooms at the hotel have balconies and luckily I scooped one of them. The views were stunning.

Hotel Services & Facilities
The hotel provides a complimentary 24HR shuttle service to Daytona Beach International Airport. In addition, they take guests wherever they require within a 2 mile radius of the hotel from 7am to 6pm. There is a gym, swimming pool and hot tub, business centre, Bistro Restaurant and also a little convenience store within reception with lots of drinks and snacks including ice cream, bottled water, frozen pizza etc. Any toiletries which a guest may need they can obtain from the front desk as well. Housekeeping was done daily and very effectively.

Location
The hotel is located on Richard Petty Blvd off the International Speedway. There are several restaurants within walking distance including McDonalds, Wendy’s Burger King, Denny’s, Outback Steakhouse and Olive Garden. The Volusia Mall is a 10 minute walk from the front desk and there are more restaurants there. The location is also first-rate for those needing to visit the campus of the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.

Final Thoughts
Next time I travel to this area of Daytona Beach I will most certainly stay at this Courtyard Marriott. They have very high standards and the service was excellent all-round. Let me say a special thank you to Shamora, Francine, Fred and Brandon. You are all stars and an absolute credit to Marriott International. Keep up the excellent work.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor with a balcony
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank BGIWorldTraveller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night in a king room. This Courtyard has the new lobby and the hotel is in good shape. The room was standard Courtyard and bed was comfortable. The Internet in the room worked well and the cable has HD channels. My only complaints in the room was the poor water pressure from the "spray" pattern in the sink and a noisy AC unit.

The courtyard was nice with plenty of places to sit and relax.

The Bistro was okay,but the first time I went for breakfast there was nobody behind the counter (I waited 5 minutes). I also didn't understand why they didn't have free coffee out in the lobby like all other Courtyards.

The desk staff was friendly and accommodating.

Even with the small complaints, I would recommend this Courtyard.

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

Spent only one night to visit the beach before heading north...Great employees, nice rooms and wonderful location! Will definitely visit again if I get the opportunity as the beach is always a calling for us. A lot of restaurants nearby, we took a motorcycle rental along the strip and had a very good nights rest back at the hotel! Keep up the great job...Thanks!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

My husband and I were traveling to Miami and stopped in Daytona without reservations. We just took a chance on this location. Good choice! The staff couldn't have been more welcoming and accommodating. If we ever need to return to Daytona, THIS will be our choice.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
tampa, fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I have just returned from Daytona after playing in a USTA tennis tournament and staying in this property. I can tell you that the hotel employees were very helpful & friendly, the breakfast that was included with the nightly fee was very good and unlike other hotel "free" breakfasts, and the lobby was large and accommodating. We even had the large lobby tv to watch college football all to ourselves. When you need to stay in Daytona, especially for a USTA tournament, this is the place to go.

Room Tip: I chose a 2 queen suite for the same price as a 2 double. it had a large living room with tv, microw...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I can't say the beds were super comfortable but I can tell you the staff was very accommodating and helpful. I was stranded there with my mother (Keoke1946) and we had no problems extending our visit and changing our rooms. The location was great, restaurants all around, next to the airport and the racetrack. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The two rooms suites are very spacious
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
naugatuck,ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

We were very pleased with our rooms at this hotel and found that the staff was so very pleasant and helpful. Unfortunately we got stranded because of Hurricane Sandy and the hotel was more than accommadating. We were able to extend our stay in moments and there were no bumps in the road in doing so. The hotel is clean, comfortable and offers a great breakfast and other food too. So I just want to say thank you to the hotel and staff who made our unexpected extended visit very pleasant and unstressful.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family