Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$126
US$110
US$128
US$115
Best Western International Speedway Hotel(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$76
BestWestern.com
US$133
US$116
  • Beachfront
Plaza Resort & Spa(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$123
Agoda.com
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Oceanfront Daytona Beach(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$89
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$135
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$134
  • Pool
Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$87
Best Western Daytona Inn Seabreeze(Daytona Beach)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$80
Agoda.com
All reviewsembry riddlecourtyard marriotttypical courtyardfront deskgreat lobbyhotel was recently renovatedsister hotelnice hotelexceptional staffhotel experiencesbusiness travelerentire weekendbusiness triproom was cleanclose to the hotelking roomminute drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Courtyard was directly beside airport and adjacent to speedway property. Convenient to good places to eat and to I95. Hotel was very clean and adequately staffed by very professional employees. Greeted with a smile and kind words each time a customer walked in the door.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to give us your feedback on TripAdvisor.com.

As you mentioned in your review, we are ideally located near the airport as well as a central location to all of the Daytona Beach attractions, dining, and more.

Again, thank you for your business. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I noticed a few negative reviews but i decided to book the hotel anyways as ive never been disappointed by a Marriott property and this stay was no different. The room was nice and big and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom had the separate sink area which is nice if traveling with a family/group. The pool area looks nice and relaxing but i was only in town for a few days on business. Nice hotel all around that is close enough to the beach and really close to the airport and racetrack.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Good Morning....

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for choosing Marriott hotels in Daytona Beach as well as for taking the time to give us your great feedback on TripAdvisor.com.

We realize there are a lot of choices in the area when it comes to hotels, and we certainly appreciate our Marriott-loyal guests. Our staff goes above and beyond every day to ensure that our guests leave Daytona Beach with great experiences and memories. It is wonderful to hear that our efforts did not fall short with your stay!

Please come visit us again when you are in the Daytona Beach area. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I was traveling on business and ended up booking a room at this hotel at 8 o'clock in the morning on the same day I was going to be arriving. After traveling from the other coast I was able to arrive at this location at about 4:30 PM on a Tuesday evening. I had no trouble locating the place with my GPS however, it is not readily visible from the main road especially at night, I discovered. This is partially due to some new construction that is taking place in front of it.

At my time arrival they were having a shift change I believe, and both the day and night desk clerks were there checking people in. Both of these ladies were incredibly professional and pleasant as well as personable.

Regarding the lobby, there are many points of interest. When you are standing in the lobby facing the front desk directly behind you is the seating area for the bistro. Personally, I think it would've been better to have some sort of wall right there. Perhaps a decorative one of some sort, even if it was only a half wall, to kind of cordoned off that area little and make it a tad bit more cozy when you are dining or drinking there. The furniture is quite comfortable however and the lighting is decent. The counter area in my opinion seems less like a bistro and more like gaudy fast food with its super large menu above the service area. It doubles as the bar at night and it's just plain ugly. I did make an effort an attempt to have drinks there late in the evening but they did not carry Crown Royal which is pretty much a staple in every bar. The bartender did however apologize which was nice. The place was relatively empty with two other business travelers one watching sports on TV and having a glass of wine in the other one was eating something and having a beer. I would speculate that the place needs a little work in order to make it "happening" for a bar destination. Also in the lobby is a large screen containing an informational/news ticker. This is pretty much standard in all of the Marriott's now and I like it a lot. There is also a large seating area directly behind that informational TV which would be spillover, I assume, for the dining area during breakfast or if the bar was ever jammed, but it's really got some nice cozy furniture. I would suggest some music, even if it's canned at night to help that bar along. Some sort of drink special wouldn't hurt either as the pricing seemed a tad bit steep by a dollar to two dollars. Otherwise, the lobby and bistro areas do offer a fresh/clean first impression.

I was given really good directions by the front desk clerk to my room which was, as a result, very easy to find. When I entered the room I was really pleasantly surprised to see just how large this room is. I stayed in room 259. Let me get one of the very small negatives right out of the way. On my darkness scale, (1 to 10 with 10 being pitch black) this location is probably around a 7 1/2. Not too bad mind you, but there is large seepage under the door and also under the darkening curtain for the mini balcony. Yes, I did say balcony. It's kind of an interesting two-person deal that would be pleasant on a slightly windy cooler night in Florida. Not any kind of a great view mind you but it would still offer you some fresh night air. The air conditioning in the room worked extremely well. I set it down to 67° (I like to sleep cold). I'm fairly certain it wasn't really 67° in the room but I did feel like I got a comfortable sleep as a result of it. And speaking of sleep, as is typical with Marriott's of late, the feather pillows were quite nice the king-size bed came with a total of five pillows. The mattress didn't seem worn in one spot and the sheets and comforter were clean, and fresh so I felt quite cozy. The overall cleanliness of the room appeared to be spotless. There is an available outlet located next to the nightstand and the lamp on the desk has two outlets built into it, which is also extremely nice for gadget people like myself. I connected to the wireless Internet with no issues and was able to watch a couple of YouTube videos, surf through my social media and check email with no issues. The TV was a decent sized flatscreen with a good picture. In the "welcome kit" there were several of the standard items like a TV channel guide but in this room the guide looked like it had water spilled on it and wasn't ever replaced (see pictures). Not a huge deal mind you but sometimes it's the small things that add up. There is an informational channel low on the dial which I actually found to be quite entertaining. It contains looped information regarding restaurants and things to do in the area.

The bathroom area was medium-sized with okay lighting and it contained a standard tub and a showerhead that was adjustable between fine and massage. The closet is located opposite the sink as soon as you walk in the door. The doors for the closet run floor-to-ceiling and they are mirrored which allows the closet to pull double duty. There was an ironing board and iron. There was also a small coffee maker and some coffee present as well. I had no trouble locating the ice machine, and the ice seemed fresh and clean. There is a pullout sofa opposite the desk and the TV rotates so that you could watch TV in bed and or on the sofa. Good planning there! The decor and artwork were interesting and caught my eye having a Japanese flair. The lighting is decent and doesn't seem white and stark.

Okay let's get on with the last small negative and it is quite small (LOL). I awoke and headed into the shower only to discover a millipede crawling around on the bathroom floor. I snapped a couple of pictures with my phone but I wasn't really bothered by the fact that there was one in there, I found it more fascinating than anything. Nevertheless when I was checking out I did show the picture to the clerk. She apologized profusely and offered to buy me breakfast as a result. I was kind of blown away but I decided it would be a good way for me to check out the breakfast area, which I wasn't planning on doing, so I took her up on her offer. You order directly at the counter and then the clerk provides you with a numbered stanchion so that another person can bring out your food. On the morning that I visited this location, the clerk seemed a little bit in disarray. She had forgotten to give me a number and then remembered after I was walking away. She also had a little difficulty locating my room number for some reason. Neither is a huge deal but I felt in fairness I should report it. I only really waited about perhaps 10 minutes before my food was brought out. They have three breakfast entrées if I remember correctly. The one I ordered had scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, and sourdough toast. It's a decent sized portion with what looked like perhaps three eggs. I also had four strips of bacon, two large fistfuls of potatoes and two whole pieces of thick sourdough toast. Everything was prepared nicely. The toast was perfectly browned as were the potatoes. The scrambled eggs were just right in the middle. I was even served butter and jelly and the butter wasn't rock-solid permitting me to actually butter my toast, imagine that! It's a bit pricey however, with a bottle of Ruby red grapefruit juice my total was around $12. Now considering that there is an IHOP within a quarter of a mile of this location, other than the convenience factor of not leaving your hotel, I think I would find it difficult to choose eating breakfast at this location over traveling somewhere with those prices. I ate my breakfast around 9:00 AM and there was a total of four people myself included eating breakfast. I would venture to say they would have a lot more business in their breakfast bistro with a price adjustment. I did leave feeling quite satisfied however and I felt it was really very generous and quite nice of her to offer.

The location of this hotel is really perfect for business travel and perhaps pleasure, I would imagine. It is basically in the airport's backyard and it is situated amongst several restaurants and shops within blocks of it. And within a 20 minute drive, you can get to the beach, Speedway, sports bars, nightclubs, movies, restaurants and pretty much anything else you can think of. It's set back from the main road by a block which acts is a good buffer for noise. I wasn't disturbed at all by road noise or airplanes on my trip in April. They have decent landscaping and have surrounded the parking lot with pine trees providing shade for vehicles.

Unfortunately, this is the only Marriott property currently located within this area which is kind of a bummer because it would be cool if they had a property directly on the water, but it's still quite nice and overall, worthy of my recommendation.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank weirdave

Good Day...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as taking the time out of your busy day to give such a great detailed review.

I wanted to first apologize for the unfortunate incident that occurred your room bathroom. While we strive to provide perfect experiences for our guests, sometimes events happen that are outside of our control. However, I am happy to hear that our fantastic staff took quick action and made sure they addressed the issue to your satisfaction.

Again, thank you for your great review. Please visit us again the next time you are in Daytona Beach. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Went for a club meeting with many other motorcyclists. Very close to the Speedway and the Airport but no real noise noticed from those. Reception was good ...Francine was like a well oiled machine ...quietly taking many calls while politely processing our needs. Meeting room was fine. Bar area was popular. Nice pool. Room very clean and comfy beds. Would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Good Day...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to give us this great feedback on TripAdvisor.

I will make sure to pass along your comments to our team, especially Francine, to ensure our associates hear how much their efforts are appreciated!

Thank you, again, for your business. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed 26 March 2014

If you're looking for a hotel in the Daytona Beach area I would suggest the courtyard marriott in Daytona Beach. Very friendly staff and an exceptionally clean Hotel. It is minutes from the speedway and only a ten min ride to the beach area. You have plenty of area restaurants close by.only thing I didnt like was no free coffee or juice in the morning. The hotel has a Starbucks in the lobby so you have to pay. Also breakfast was coslty there and I would suggest a local spot for breakfast. But all in all its a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balconie. The morning Florida air is rewarding
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Marriott Hotels in Daytona Beach, FL. Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as taking the time to give us this great feedback. As you can imagine, in our industry, we tend to only hear about unpleasant experiences when they occur. It is refreshing to hear positive feedback regarding the service you received from our team here in Daytona Beach. All of our associates are truly dedicated to providing outstanding service to ensure guests such as yourself continue to be loyal to our hotels as well as to the Marriott brands. You can be sure that these comments will be passed along to all of our associates, making sure that they receive recognition for their dedication to service!

Again, thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. We look forward to serving you again in the very near future!