My son is doing the "college tour" so we are traveling to many towns for the first time. I picked this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews and the fact that we're Marriott Reward members. Everyone here was so nice and helpful!
We came in the night before our Embry-Riddle tour. We started with a FREE airport shuttle by calling the front desk from our gate. I had called them the day before and they assured me I could get everywhere without a rental car. That was true! Check in was a breeze and the hotel was clean, airy and not very busy. I liked the lounge decor of the large lobby with couches, big screen TV, fireplace (in FL?) and business center for printing our boarding passes.
Our room was ready and roomy for mom, dad and teen son. We even got a balcony.
We asked the nice front desk lady for a dinner suggestion as we wanted to see Daytona Beach.
With that in hand, we took the free shuttle, again, to the Embry-Riddle campus, to get our bearings and first impression for the next day. We stayed two hours and called a taxi for our 15 minute drive to the ocean.
The city of Daytona Beach, on a Sunday night, was beautiful and we ate at Rossellini's (136 S Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach) for a wonderful white-table cloth Italian dinner. We walked along the beach and played a few games in the arcade (even 17 year olds can't resist an old-fashioned arcade)
Later that night my son used the workout room at the hotel. We were up and early the next morning, called down for the free shuttle and were off to the campus a mile away. We kept our bags at the front desk. Called the shuttle later in the day, picked up our bags and were dropped off at the Daytona airport. Simple, inexpensive and quite pleasant!!
Thank you to the front desk managers on Sunday and Monday - we will be back if he chooses that school. I also got a college room-discount when I mentioned the reason for our trip. Nice!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated Courtyard Daytona Beach hotel near Daytona International Speedway features spacious guest rooms, designed with comfort and convenience. Enjoy our Daytona hotel accommodations with sitting areas, work space with ergonomic chair and complimentary high speed internet service. Our hotel in Daytona Beach features a new state-of-the-art lobby offering flexible spaces, free Wi-Fi throughout and easy access to news, weather and airport via our GoBoard(r). The highlight of our new lobby experience is The Bistro- Eat. Drink. Connect. Enjoy enhanced food and beverage offerings for breakfast and dinner, all new dining options, or grab a quick bite at the market, open 24 Hours. Stay fit while traveling at our on-site fitness center or relax in our outdoor pool and whirlpool. Our Daytona hotel offers over 1,700 square feet of flexible meeting space to host your next meeting or event. Start planning your stay today at our hotel in Daytona Beach and allow us to help you make the most of every travel experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Daytona Beach Hotel Daytona Beach
- Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport Florida
- Daytona Beach Courtyard
- Daytona Beach Marriott