“GREAT HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #26 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Coral Springs, Florida
“GREAT HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stay for three days at this fantastic hotel, everything was perfect. The people at the front desk very friendly , breakfast excellent, rooms very clean and nice decorated.
We were playing in a USTA tournament and we booked the hotel for three nights. Last match as at 12 noon and they were SOOOOOOOOOOO nice to let us check out later to have the time to take a shower before the trip

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Greetings!

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. I wanted to thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time out of your busy day to write this great review on TripAdvisor.com!

I am very happy to hear that our team provided you the service you come to expect out of a Marriott hotel. We work very hard at ensuring all of our guests' needs are met, and that we do so with a smile. I hope your tennis matches ended equally as enjoyable!

Please come back and visit us again soon! We look forward to serving you in the future!

Alex Freid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Philadelphia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My son is doing the "college tour" so we are traveling to many towns for the first time. I picked this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews and the fact that we're Marriott Reward members. Everyone here was so nice and helpful!

We came in the night before our Embry-Riddle tour. We started with a FREE airport shuttle by calling the front desk from our gate. I had called them the day before and they assured me I could get everywhere without a rental car. That was true! Check in was a breeze and the hotel was clean, airy and not very busy. I liked the lounge decor of the large lobby with couches, big screen TV, fireplace (in FL?) and business center for printing our boarding passes.

Our room was ready and roomy for mom, dad and teen son. We even got a balcony.

We asked the nice front desk lady for a dinner suggestion as we wanted to see Daytona Beach.
With that in hand, we took the free shuttle, again, to the Embry-Riddle campus, to get our bearings and first impression for the next day. We stayed two hours and called a taxi for our 15 minute drive to the ocean.

The city of Daytona Beach, on a Sunday night, was beautiful and we ate at Rossellini's (136 S Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach) for a wonderful white-table cloth Italian dinner. We walked along the beach and played a few games in the arcade (even 17 year olds can't resist an old-fashioned arcade)

Later that night my son used the workout room at the hotel. We were up and early the next morning, called down for the free shuttle and were off to the campus a mile away. We kept our bags at the front desk. Called the shuttle later in the day, picked up our bags and were dropped off at the Daytona airport. Simple, inexpensive and quite pleasant!!

Thank you to the front desk managers on Sunday and Monday - we will be back if he chooses that school. I also got a college room-discount when I mentioned the reason for our trip. Nice!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Greetings!

My name is Alx Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for choosing Marriott for your recent trip to Daytona Beach and thank you for taking the time to give us such a great review on TripAdvisor.com!

I am happy to hear that your expectations were met, even exceeded, with regards to our hotel's convenience to all areas in Daytona Beach as well as our fantastic Associates. We pride ourselves on making sure all of our guests leave with having a very pleasant experience. I am happy to hear that you had such an experience.

Please come visit us again when/if your son decides to attend Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. We look forward to serving you again in the very near future!

Neptune Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had the pleasure of staying only one night this time :-( wish we could have stayed longer!
Im terrible with names, but the young lady who checked us in was super helpful, went above and beyond in every aspect of our stay. Bed was super comfortable, rooms were like mini apartments, super clean, Breakfast was very good and service there too was great!... my only complaint is we did not have enough time to stay longer, and that is not the hotels fault! :-)

Will definitely stay here again!!!

Room Tip: The king bed rooms also have a sleeper sofa, so if you have kids, choose the king room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay with us. I realize that you were only able to stay one night, so you will have to make your next trip a longer one!

Thank you for the great review! We always appreciate positive feedback. It reinforces our commitment to guest service!

Please come back and see again soon... for multiple days next time! :) We look forward to serving you in the future!

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have never had a more systemically exceptional experience as a Marriott guest than I have in your Daytona Beach property for this 3-night stay. I have stayed in Renaissances in Europe that did not offer the same consistency of outstanding experience.

Check-In (5/14 2:30 PM): Francine? Was amazing, handling a large volume of conference guests, with endless questions re shuttles, directions, etc., with equanimity and grace. I was a problem guest, with 2 separate reservations back-to-back, needed a comb, and called for the shuttle from airport when it was out of commission. I was told to take a cab, and send driver to front desk for payment. When this has happened at other Marriott’s, it was ”sorry, take a cab on your own dime” (which I get) This was above-and-beyond.

Housekeeping (5/16, 11 AM): Very polite, room was immaculate, and quiet in the halls. No missing items, or all Decaf in the coffee supply (common)

Maryetta (who must live here): Endlessly courteous and proactive, obviously loves her job and her staff, and takes enormous pride in the property. My request for an airport shuttle at 4:55 am did not even raise an eyebrow.

Bistro attendant (5/16, 6:30 PM): I forget his name, but he too was courteous, fast with service, and pleasant. The food and drink quality was above expectations.

I honestly cannot find one thing below or even at standard in this hotel. Everything and everyone exceeds expectations.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Good Afternoon Lynda...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay and thank you for taking the time out of your day to give us your feedback on TripAdvisor.com.

Your comments are fantastic and I cannot thank you enough for sharing your great experiences for guests who are looking into staying with us in the future. Your comments are a true reflection of our associates' dedication to providing our guests with memorable experiences every day. Your comments will be shared with all of our staff, to ensure recognition is given to those who made your stay a memorable one. This includes Francine, Maryetta, and all of the other associates you mentioned.

Again, thank you for your business. Guests such as yourself and the experiences you've shared gives all of our associates inspiration and reinforces our focus toward customer service. If there is anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at alex.freid@marriott.com or (386) 255-3388.

Have a fantastic day!

Hurdal Municipality, Norway
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We had hoped for a better experience and the room was booked with two bed. Upon arrival the hotel was overbooked and we got a standard room with only one bed.
The breakfast is a joke and the hotel gave up on fixing our AC and just moved us to another room.
The front desk attempted to fix our shortcomings, but in vain.

We will not return to this hotel next time we are in Daytona Beach area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Morten I
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott and Residence Inn by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for your recent stay.

I am disappointed to hear that your experience at Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport was not to your expectations. This is certainly not the level of service we provide our guests each and every day. Our goal is to provide every guest with a great experience, from the reservation process through departure. I am sorry to hear that our efforts fell short with your stay.

If you travel back to the Daytona Beach area, please consider us again. I would like to, personally, ensure your accommodations and our service exceed your expectations. Please contact me directly at alex.freid@marriott.com or (386) 255-3388.

Again, please accept my apology for your disappointing visit. We look forward to you giving us another opportunity in the future to serve you.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Courtyard was directly beside airport and adjacent to speedway property. Convenient to good places to eat and to I95. Hotel was very clean and adequately staffed by very professional employees. Greeted with a smile and kind words each time a customer walked in the door.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Good Morning...

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to give us your feedback on TripAdvisor.com.

As you mentioned in your review, we are ideally located near the airport as well as a central location to all of the Daytona Beach attractions, dining, and more.

Again, thank you for your business. We look forward to serving you in the future!

Seminole, Florida
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I noticed a few negative reviews but i decided to book the hotel anyways as ive never been disappointed by a Marriott property and this stay was no different. The room was nice and big and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom had the separate sink area which is nice if traveling with a family/group. The pool area looks nice and relaxing but i was only in town for a few days on business. Nice hotel all around that is close enough to the beach and really close to the airport and racetrack.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
AlexFreid, General Manager at Courtyard Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Good Morning....

My name is Alex Freid and I am the General Manager for Courtyard by Marriott Daytona Beach Speedway/Airport. Thank you for choosing Marriott hotels in Daytona Beach as well as for taking the time to give us your great feedback on TripAdvisor.com.

We realize there are a lot of choices in the area when it comes to hotels, and we certainly appreciate our Marriott-loyal guests. Our staff goes above and beyond every day to ensure that our guests leave Daytona Beach with great experiences and memories. It is wonderful to hear that our efforts did not fall short with your stay!

Please come visit us again when you are in the Daytona Beach area. We look forward to serving you in the future!