“STAY AWAY!!!”

Beach Quarters Resort
Gainesville
“STAY AWAY!!!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

First off let me start this review with STAY AWAY from this place!! This is the first review I have ever done and believe me I felt compelled to let everyone know that this place is horrible!! First off we got there around 3:30 that afternoon and checked in. Got the luggage cart and went up to the room to drop off our luggage (we had just gotten off the cruise ship in Jacksonville and wanted to extend our vacation). We didn't really pay attention to the rooms (whole family came we had two rooms) we were starving so we headed out to explore!! Big mistake!! We arrived back at the hotel around 8:00. The office was closed as they had said it would be. We were given a side door key which was not needed because the side door was standing wide open and anyone could have walked right into the place!! Mind you there are not any outside lights around pool side door....Nothing!! We all get to our rooms and start to look around and find that first there are roaches, some dead, and some alive crawling. Next the balcony door and ceilings are molded along with the rest of the room. Then we find that the room door looks as of it has been broken into and is very difficult to open and close. We open the balcony door to air the room out because it smells of mold and bleach and behold the balcony door is nothing but rust and mold. I am starting to began to panick....my husband tells me to calm down and let's check out his families room. I go to check it out and it is just as bad!! We go down stairs to try and get a refund and get the heck outta Bates motel but the front closed at 5:00 and there is no one on site!! Our family is now stuck for the night in this hell hole! We go to get covers for our children to let out the couch bed and surprise there is only one sheet and one blacket so, needless to say our children had to sleep with one on one love seat with a sheet and the other on another love seat with a blanket. I was furious but what could we do NO ONE was on site to help!! After a very LONG night without sleep and a chair proped up against the room door we made it through. The next morning my father in law went down to complain and ask for a refund....needless to say the manager Nicky refused and said he didn't care!!! I immediately called hotels.com and reported the nasty, uncleaned and unsafe conditions to them and demanded a refund!! Thank God we went through them they were very apologetic and after calling the "resort" they confirmed we would get a full refund however Nicky was giving us 20 minutes to vacate! That was not a problem because we had not unpacked anything due to the roaches. We got outta that place within 12 minutes luggage and all!! This place ruined our extended vacation. We ended up leaving Daytona all together and drove 12 hours back to north Georgia. My luggage is now in the garage and will stay there for a couple of days to ensure that we do not bring the roaches into our home. This hotel was not a $59 a night hotel either we paid the average price of $120 a night so I thought it would be decent. I wasn't looking for luxury but I was looking for safety and cleanliness. Please stay away from this "resort"! Sad part is that it could really be a cute place but in its current condition it should be torn down and replaced. Also, we are convienced it is an extended stay hotel where people live there, scary!! I have posted a video and I also have pics. Beware!!

5 Thank Parker1980

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Sandersville, Georgia
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This little apartment is all anyone needs at the beach. The building itself is "sea" weathered but very clean. There is no daily housekeeping so it doesn't really fall into the hotel category but more like and energy efficient apartment or tiny condo... No condos that I have ever stayed at provided daily linen changes so this was no surprise. If you need clean linens there is a closet full of them right our in the hall to help yourself. The owners live on site so if you need anything all you have to do is call down. Fridge, microwave, soaps, dishwashing liquid, paper towels, utensils, dishes, sponge, toilet paper, trashbags....all provided for you. They do have internet service throughout the entire building now. The beds are comfy (we brought extra pillows). I'm sure they would have provided those if you requested. We used our bank card reward points to book this place and figured we'd get the leftovers...not so we got an oceanfront, 4th floor unit that was perfect for our needs. Check in was sooo easy. Pool clean. Laundry on site. Side entrance if you're coming in/out after the front office has closed. If you're looking for Hilton or Loew's Hotel quality then this is not the place for you. If you're looking for an incredible view, peace, fun, and rest then you've found the right place.

Room Tip: Ask for the oceanfront...it's sooo worth it! The fitness center is the beach. Get out there and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Danielle C
Royston, Georgia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The condos are kinda small but it's just the right size for a small family or group of friends, it's such a nice quite peaceful place and how it should be on vacation. The beach spot isn't to busy during the day, it's nice and relaxing. The staff, which are the owners are awesome people they make you feel welcomed and are happy to assist you with anything. I felt like they go the extra mile for you, kinda like make you feel like family. There's lots of stories I could tell you but trust me you want find better service anywhere no matter the price you pay. The beds in the room are the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in besides my own. The pool is nice and cold, the deck by the pool is so clean and pretty, they have nice bricks. The location is away from the boardwalk about 10-15mins I kinda enjoyed not being around al the noise. The resort is away from all that so it makes it feel more relaxing. I would defiantly recommend this to anyone and stay again.

2 Thank Toshia90
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We arrived on May 31st, and as soon as we arrived we were helped with our luggage to our room, check in went smoothly, and we walked into our condo/appt to a view that was breathtaking! We had a balcony that over looked the beach, and a full equipped kitchen for everything we needed to make meals throughout the day! The owners are a young couple that are as sweet as could be! They made sure we were comfortable throughout our stay, and have just about anything you can imagine available. The place was clean even though it was a little out dated, but if your like us those little things did not matter! It's located on the outside of where everything happens, and there were not any young folks staying there. (We are in our early 20s) but for the price we paid, we couldn't have made any other better choice!

1 Thank Lmoss1121
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The property is an efficiency apartment directly on the beach with a balcony overlooking the Atlantic. The rooms are on the small side and can accommodate 2 adults comfortably. The couches in the living room are actually love seats. The kitchen area is very small with all utensils and cookware and small appliances. The bathroom is clean but very small. Ask for extra towels. The rooms are not cleaned daily. The location cannot be beat. Very good value for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 33rigel
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is the hotel to go to when you are looking at price and a relaxing time. The manager Nicki runs the place and is hardly ever at the front desk. That's because he is always off working somewhere. He might be straightening out pool chairs or checking a room before you arrive. The desk does close at 5pm so make sure to call ahead for your room keys if you arrive late. The hotel is older and dated but is VERY 70's chic with beautiful hand painted murals, stencils and faux finished walls and lots of bright beach colors. The rooms are little apartments with little living rooms, kitchens, bedrooms. No wi-fi or really any tv but then who needs them when you sit on your oceanfront balcony and watch the waves crash and the cars drive by on the beach. (Cars on the beach are part of Daytona). The "river view" are the side rooms with a larger living room and 2 full beds and a sideways look at a building and some beach. The pier a short walk away has a restaurant that is typical tourist restaurant. Your best bet is a stop at the grocery store for a few in room things. Don't forget the ice! Other than a few meals out we never left the resort except to walk on the beach! We had the best relaxing 5 days. Definitely will be back. This is the type of place that our neighbors were there for 2 months, that they have come for the past 20 years. Everyone was friendly and you felt safe leaving your bag unattended by the pool. Go spend a relaxing few days with your hubby! The building design is such that if you ask for oceanfront rooms next door to each other, they are at the end of a little hallway. Ideal for parents with older kids in their own room or for couples traveling together.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eugene O
Defiance, Missouri
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My first problem was that wifi is only available on first floor and there is no lobby to be in to use it. This alone would have made me cancel reservation because this was a working vacation for me. Then when they refused to cancel my reservation without charging me for the first night I went to the room to try to figure out where I could go. The room smell hit me at the door. The refrigerator was badly rusted. Dishwasher had very old sign on it that it was out of order. Mold and rust above the door. Balcony railing needed painting, and had large cracks & chipping in the cement where the railing was mounted. Bathroom tub looked like they had attempted to recoat/paint it and half of it had peeled away. Also had mold/mildew in corners of shower insert. Couches, carpet, bedding all old & warn enough that it made me really concerned if they were clean or not. And it is true that there is no staff on site after 5:00.
Manager was extremely rude to me and lied to me about several things. I ended up finding another room for my entire stay because I could not get past condition of the room. It's kind of sad because if it was updated the layout & location are great. But it was the worst (and most costly) experience I've had in a long time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Daytona Shores - Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Express and Suites O...
#1 of 2 in Daytona Beach Shores
Residence Inn Daytona Beach Oceanfront

Been to Beach Quarters Resort? Share your experiences!