“Double Booked our Room and Wife walked in on a man getting out of the shower!!!”

Boardwalk Inn and Suites
Ranked #42 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Marion, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This was the second year in a row that we had stayed there. We arived this past saturday and was given room 505. When my wife opened the room, the current occupant was in the nude just getting out of the shower. As I went to the desk to complain the only thing he had to say is that he wrote the wrong number on our paper. I asked him how he explained if it was just a wrond number then why did the key card work? I continued to express my anger (especially because my wife was just been freaked out) but the only answer the desk had was that they could check me out. I asked for a refund but he said no. I then asked to talk to someone else, he said there is no one, and I could not have the contact information of the owner. the blankets were filthy and the bathroom was grimey. Only good thing about the room was the view. But even that was ruined after the experience.

Room Tip: Stay Away!!!!!!~
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BrocktonM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I expected a lot more for my money. I work hard for my money, RM313 had mildew on the shower curtain, clumps of hair in the towel, mold under the sink, no lid on the coffee pot where the water goes, one of the cups was open, no trash cans, no ice bucket, no ice in the machine anyways, the breakfast wasn't great, not for the price of the room. The bed was the only thing good, I didn't wake up with a back ache.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank JillAdkinson
Lake Wales, Fl
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My wife and recently stayed one night at this property. Not only were the rooms dirty, but after the lights went out at night, it was like being in the middle of a creepy roach movie. There were so many roaches that you could not count them. When I contacted the front desk about the problem they were of no help at all. The staff acted as if they were not concerned. I have notified the Volusia County Health Dept. and filed a complaint. Do not waste you hard earned money here.

Room Tip: There are no clean rooms at the resort. It is filthy. After check in the staff will not be of servic...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dennis H
Farmington, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I have never been to Daytona so fing a place to stay was like throwing a dart, I opted for this place because it seemed centrally located, located at the corner of Speedway blvd and Atlantic ave everything we needed is right within walking distance, gift shops, restaurants and pubs. the Ocean Deck was our favorite, about 1/8 mile walk north on the beach.you just have to walk and look around kept finding new places, The rooms were very nice and comfordable, we had a "city view" room but still allowed a small view of the ocean, there was some traffic noise but as soon as you put the room fan on low you could not hear it. The staff was very nice and could answer many of my questions. The pool was large and went from 3ft at shallow to 10ft at deep end, there is also a hot tub, and lots of lounge chairs on the pool deck,you can also walk right down off of the pool deck onto the beach and there is a foot was at the stairs for when you return. The breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs,sausage,bacon, waffles and assorted breads items,your coffee and juices. Down lower you will notice that I clicked yes on the airport transportation, this is a cab that theclerk at the front desk will be happy to call and set up a time for you.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms had no outside porch except for the 1st floor that had an outdoor sitting area...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Daniel M
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I decide to move from 5 star accommodating down the road just for one night, found this on the internet special $72 US Dollars including american continental breakfast and tax. Glad I didn't pay full price. The whole area where this hotel is located has an unsafe feel about it, dropping from 5 star to the Boardwalk Inn was let down for me. The positive is that the rooms are clean and the staff are great to talk to. The downfall is that the noise of people walking past my room on a concrete floor was more that distracting I must say. Again I really must point out that I can only assume Americans find this type of accommodation acceptable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MyHoliday8
Hubert, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 21 January 2012

i have stayed at this location for over 15yrs and seen many different owners and renovations. i stayed during bike week 2011, had a great time, the room wasnt perfect, but the staff was friendly,helpful and i remember alot of them from past yrs.. very conveniant to main st+the beach, food,drink, and speedway blvd out front! the present owners really seem to care and want to make it a nice place to stay,and yes, i am staying for 2012 bike week!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Charlie C
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Stayed there for only one night, and found a TON of bugs crawling around. All over the curtains, beds and the nightstand by our pillows. Looked like small roaches. The hotel provided ZERO compensation, and they were actually quite rude about it. So if you are cool with bugs crawling on you in your sleep and getting in your luggage to bring home... then enjoy :)

Room Tip: TIP: if you go with this hotel, dont get a room on the first floor. we ended up moving to the third...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends