“Great location and large rooms”

Boardwalk Inn and Suites
Ranked #42 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Longview, Washington
“Great location and large rooms”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

We had a beach front room that overlooked the pool and it was clean, comfortable, and huge! It looks like the rooms are being renovated, but ours was already done and it looked pretty good. There was a fridge and microwave, along with a big flatscreen tv. Lots of room for two people.

A hot breakfast is included - bacon, sausage, icky scrambled eggs, waffles, toast, muffins, etc.

The thing I didn't like about our room was the lack of a safe. Also, I would have loved a balcony! But the location is great, the pool area is nice, and the room was above average.

Room Tip: Pay the little extra and get a beachfront room!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
London
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and Suites for 4 nights after spending some hectic days in Orlando. The location was great, right on the beach. We did have a car on hire so it was easy to get around but one night we took a stroll down to the busier area where there were lots of souvenir shops nearby.
The rooms were large, clean and had everything we needed. We were a party of 14 and they managed to accommodate us well and, at our request, our 5 rooms were all on the same floor next to each other. I stayed in a suite which consisted of two large double beds, a sofa bed and lounge area. This provided great space, especially if you have young kids. My 2 year old cousin was able to run around. The other rooms had less space without the lounge area but was still great and each room came with a microwave, fridge and coffee making facilities. I walked pass one room that had a kitchen!!
The staff were incredibly friendly and let us check in early to those rooms that were ready, at no extra cost. They were also helpful in directing us to good places for lunch. We tried to obtain a free upgrade to the honeymoon suite for my newly wedded uncle and aunty but they wouldn't allow it and only offered it with the standard charge.
The hotel has a pool that faces the beach which was clean and quiet. The only down side was the lack of parasoles/umbrellas for my family who liked to sit in the shade. It was also very very windy by the beach but that's no fault of the hotel - it was mid April. The pool water was incredibly cold though and the jacuzzi was far too hot!
Breakfast was included and provided hot beverages, muffins, bagels, spreads and hot food. I wasn't a fan of the hot breakfasts and their cereal was limited. However, the bagels and cream cheese was a hit with me!
Opposite the hotel is Tailgaiters which provides food, pool tables, a bar and karaoke which was good entertainment for our big group and only a stumble away.
All in all, good value and I'd recommend it. Nothing fussy or fancy about this hotel but just what we needed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MissAmyYa
Marion, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This was the second year in a row that we had stayed there. We arived this past saturday and was given room 505. When my wife opened the room, the current occupant was in the nude just getting out of the shower. As I went to the desk to complain the only thing he had to say is that he wrote the wrong number on our paper. I asked him how he explained if it was just a wrond number then why did the key card work? I continued to express my anger (especially because my wife was just been freaked out) but the only answer the desk had was that they could check me out. I asked for a refund but he said no. I then asked to talk to someone else, he said there is no one, and I could not have the contact information of the owner. the blankets were filthy and the bathroom was grimey. Only good thing about the room was the view. But even that was ruined after the experience.

Room Tip: Stay Away!!!!!!~
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BrocktonM
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I expected a lot more for my money. I work hard for my money, RM313 had mildew on the shower curtain, clumps of hair in the towel, mold under the sink, no lid on the coffee pot where the water goes, one of the cups was open, no trash cans, no ice bucket, no ice in the machine anyways, the breakfast wasn't great, not for the price of the room. The bed was the only thing good, I didn't wake up with a back ache.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank JillAdkinson
Lake Wales, Fl
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My wife and recently stayed one night at this property. Not only were the rooms dirty, but after the lights went out at night, it was like being in the middle of a creepy roach movie. There were so many roaches that you could not count them. When I contacted the front desk about the problem they were of no help at all. The staff acted as if they were not concerned. I have notified the Volusia County Health Dept. and filed a complaint. Do not waste you hard earned money here.

Room Tip: There are no clean rooms at the resort. It is filthy. After check in the staff will not be of servic...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dennis H
Farmington, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I have never been to Daytona so fing a place to stay was like throwing a dart, I opted for this place because it seemed centrally located, located at the corner of Speedway blvd and Atlantic ave everything we needed is right within walking distance, gift shops, restaurants and pubs. the Ocean Deck was our favorite, about 1/8 mile walk north on the beach.you just have to walk and look around kept finding new places, The rooms were very nice and comfordable, we had a "city view" room but still allowed a small view of the ocean, there was some traffic noise but as soon as you put the room fan on low you could not hear it. The staff was very nice and could answer many of my questions. The pool was large and went from 3ft at shallow to 10ft at deep end, there is also a hot tub, and lots of lounge chairs on the pool deck,you can also walk right down off of the pool deck onto the beach and there is a foot was at the stairs for when you return. The breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs,sausage,bacon, waffles and assorted breads items,your coffee and juices. Down lower you will notice that I clicked yes on the airport transportation, this is a cab that theclerk at the front desk will be happy to call and set up a time for you.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms had no outside porch except for the 1st floor that had an outdoor sitting area...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Daniel M
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I decide to move from 5 star accommodating down the road just for one night, found this on the internet special $72 US Dollars including american continental breakfast and tax. Glad I didn't pay full price. The whole area where this hotel is located has an unsafe feel about it, dropping from 5 star to the Boardwalk Inn was let down for me. The positive is that the rooms are clean and the staff are great to talk to. The downfall is that the noise of people walking past my room on a concrete floor was more that distracting I must say. Again I really must point out that I can only assume Americans find this type of accommodation acceptable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business