“Good location poor management”

Boardwalk Inn and Suites
Ranked #43 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Mixed about this hotel. Location great!!! Close to boardwalk and pier. Rooms are big. Pool is nice but was closes down for a portion of our first day. Pool maintainace rude. Told my daughter that if we wanted the pool clean by 10 we should tell the front desk to pay him more. Complained and was just given excuses for his behavior Wifi did not work and manager sent my 20 year olds across the street to the bar to use theirs. Debbie at the front desk was awesome finding my boys a place to rent fishing poles and was just pleasant and helpful. Next time I will most likely find another place to stay. Customer service is a must for me. Other than Debbie this place just doesn't have it.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank zoom8942

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Went there with the wife and kids for a quick get a way. We got a Ocean Front room, which was HUGe! The room was nice and clean, breakfast was good, the staff was great and went out of their way to make us feel like family. definitely going back next month.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Our stay was terrible. We had to switch to three different rooms as the first room had used soap and pubic hair in the bathroom and then once we got switched to the second room the bathroom toilet didn't flush. It was frustrating moving to three different rooms with two small children. Then when speaking to a manager face to face it was pleasant, but he stated he couldn't give us a refund because we booked it through bookit.com; once we contacted bookit.com, they contacted to manager/owner and he proceeded to tell him he never once said he couldn't give us a refund. I am obscured from these accusations and what the manager has proceeded to say to bookit.com. I will never use this facility again. And will NOT recommend it to any friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Briana D
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The hotel was over priced for the big disappointment it was.
The WI-FI worked providing if you could find a place to get a signal I was receiving a stronger signal from neighboring hotels. I walked the entire building and only found 2 places where the signal was acceptable.
The Sofa sleeper, let me say just sleep in the floor it is more comfortable. I felt every wire in the mattress.
The bathroom was so small if you are traveling with a group there wasn’t room to put clothes except on the back of the toilet but pray they don’t fall in because there wasn’t even a lid on it.
The exhaust in our bathroom made a horrible noise and did not work.
Restaurants around the hotel are few and far between unless you like Pizza. They need some refurbishing and some big chains to move in and clean that place up.
Daytona as a whole isn’t the place I remember. There are lots of rundown buildings. If you go walking at night DO NOT go alone!!! There are homeless Vagrants in the dark places around the Boardwalk. I saw more of them than I did Security officers. I would suggest to Family’s find another Beach!

Room Tip: no rooms have balcony's If you stay here ask for a room facing the Beach.
2  Thank Johnnie M
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Checked in and the room was huge and very nice and clean the pool was great and Debbie at the counter was delightful and very helpful as she is every time me and my family visits. Its on the beach and close to the boardwalk and all the shops, and they have a great full breakfast every morning,

Room Tip: get a suite
Reviewed 7 June 2013

The pictures on the website are accurate! Great location. The pull-out sofa was awful. My children are 12,12,11, and 10. We enjoyed the breakfast selection. Clean rooms, friendly staff. Nice pool area. Free parking. Walking distance to everything. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The ocean front rooms are larger and have a full kitchen.
Reviewed 29 May 2013

After researching the area to find a smoking room on the beach with a pool, I decided upon this hotel and was very satisfied with our choice. This was the best price, so we rented the 2 queen mini suite, smoking room for only $10 more per night with 2 TVs, couch, fridge. The hotel is L shaped and the rooms overlooking the ocean are all King suites non-smokers. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, new towels everyday, elevators slow, but functional, free parking, hot breakfast with eggs, sausage and waffles + usual pastries & beverages. Location is everything and this hotel has that nailed, right on the beach where the no driving area begins. Easy walking distance to the Pier and Main St. bars, reataurants, shops, etc. Big, clean pool and hot tub, plenty of chairs with a staircase to the beach. Overall a great deal on a nice room with all the extras and the first place I would recommend to friends.

Room Tip: No balconys, rooms facing the ocean (East) are King Suites non-smoking.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends