“Boardwalk Inn & Suites is a great family hotel!”

Boardwalk Inn and Suites
Ranked #43 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Reviewed 3 September 2013

What a fantastic hotel for a family! My grandchildren range in age from 2 to 13. They all had fun in the pool area where there was an umbrella shape with water coming out the edges as well as a hot tub.With a breakfast buffet that had a wide variety of food fron eggs to pancakes included you cannot find a better deal anywhere. The room had large windows from almost floor to ceiling and the view was amazing. It was also nice not to have to worry about the little ones on a balcony! I highly recommend spending a little more for a full suite which comes complete with a stove. It is a short walk to the Daytona Beach Pier where you can hear a concert and see fireworks every Saturday night at the old bandshell. From the pool area you can walk directly down to the beach too. A friendly staff from those at the desk, to security to those keeping your room clean. If you have a family you need to make The Boardwalk Inn & Suites your Daytona Beach destination! I will be returning in a couple of months with other grandchildren for sure!!
(Great store just across the street for souvenirs at a reasonable price without crossing a main street!)

Room Tip: Ask for a room or suite facing the beach! 4th floor is the best!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KikiD178

Reviewed 3 September 2013

First off the parking is ridiculous, we entered our rooms and started to get ready for dinner but the kitchen only had 1 fork 1 plate a couple of bowls maybe a glass or 2 then after when I got up late night to get a drink of water and turn on the lights roaches was all over the kitchen floor. I call the front desk at once. They move me to the 5th floor the room seem better but same results as far as the dishes and silverware. Well the day it rain and the window had a very very bad leak which left a puddle in the middle of the floor. So they brought me towels and ask me to stack them in front of the window. Oh I forgot the microwave didn't work In the first room. Then I went to use the bathroom and the toilet handle was broken. They did come Everytime we called the front desk but they tried to say the roaches was palmetto bugs which I'm 42yrs old I know a roach when seen. These was rooms 304 and 502 great view but many problems would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Willtita
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family and I decided to go down to Daytona for Labor Day weekend. My room was clean upon arrival. After taking a shower and turning on the lights ROACHES scattered everywhere. The front desk clerk tried to tell us they were "Palmetto Bugs" but they were roaches. Then they moved us to another room which was clean but when it rained we got soaked. Lastly couldn't use the utensils because they didn't have but one fork in the room. So we decided to eat out but if you subtract the hotel from our trip it was a blast.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We booked this hotel for the location, which is the only pro in my eyes. Very convenient, 10 minute walk to boardwalk. Unfortunately that's where the positives end. The rooms look good at first glance, but they are very poorly kept. Housekeeping is lazy and rude. We stayed for 8 days and only had our beds tended to for 3 of them. I've stayed in hotels cheaper than this that offered turndown service every day. Also housekeeping would just come as they please, never at a certain time, which was incredibly inconvenient. They spray this disgusting musky "air freshener" that bothered my entire family. Anyone with allergies stay away! So much dust it was unbelievable. One day, we lost something and I got down on the ground to look under the bed... It was absolutely disgusting under both beds. Dead roaches, and all kinds of trash. I will not be coming back here. There were a few spots where the carpet was coming up... and I think a nail was sticking up from it. I couldn't tell what it was, but it was sharp and cut both my son and I. So definitely don't go barefoot, or even wear flip flops. It's a shame really, this hotel could be great just because of the location, but terrible service makes you forget the convenience of it.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Chrpawalls
Reviewed 5 August 2013

When you get to the end of international speedway blvd, you're there! Parking is a bit tricky here as they only allow one space per room. I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but the lady at the desk went ahead and gave us our parking pass upon arrival (at 10am!). We didn't have to park on the beach, but was able to leave our car at the hotel and enjoy the beach until check-in. Also, the valet was VERY accommodating for us. Wife and I met our son & his fiancée for the weekend. Valet took keys to son's truck and told us to have a good time at dinner. Upon our return, a space opened up on the street (free parking after 9pm) so the truck got moved. Problem solved! Manager is also SUPER friendly and nice. We booked a double and told him we needed plenty of room to spread out our crap. We were put in Rm 304. It was ocean front room with king size bed in one room and queen in the other. It had a full kitchen, sleeper sofa, and a table for us to play cards. Room was clean and comfortable. We didn't eat the breakfast, so I can't comment on that. I highly recommend this hotel.....and please call them directly for a deal. Don't go through expedia or hotels.com like I did. It can really save you a few bucks.

Room Tip: Ask for room 304 (or similar). It has TONS of space. As soon as you get your parking pass, find a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews on this hotel but I was Pleasantly surprised when we got there. The check in was nice and easy, as far as people saying the staff is rude I didn't think so everyone seems fine to me . We got a ocean front Double which was clean and in my opinion look remodeled the view was beautiful . We didn't use the pool or hot tub but it looks nice to me . The breakfast was nothing to write home about but who cares I didn't come for the breakfast . The location is prefect close to everything. I would stay here again . It was a good week stay .

Room Tip: If you have more than two People book a suite
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My wife and I stayed in an ocean front room on the 5th floor. Beautiful view of the ocean, beach and Daytona's Historic Pier, not to mention, the morning sunrise! The room was large and comfortable. Some modern touches, good WI FI connection, easy access to elevator for loading and unloading the car. The pool was nice but the spa not so inviting, both were steps from the sand which was very convenient. The front desk staff was very helpful and the maid service excellent, also the hot breakfast was an added bonus! The rates were reasonable and we had a very nice time!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple