“Great location!!!”

Boardwalk Inn and Suites
Ranked #58 of 103 Hotels in Daytona Beach
“Great location!!!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay and we were pleasantly surprised to know that we were located not only directly on the beach, but in the middle of several family fun places as well as some of the best restaurants. -C. Davis

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Carma D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Booking the hotel thru hotels.com, I was concerned I wasn't going to get what I was under the impression I would be getting. I walked into our room and instantly I walked into a room which was warm and inviting and smelled great. We had ocean view, with two queen beds. Location was everything, walking distance to the pier where we ate at Joe's Crab shack, did a little shopping and took evening walks on the beach. Excellent stay and I would recommend this location to everyone, it is right in the heart of Daytona and to top it all off, excellent customer service from the staff which is very hard to find!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank rggreen1
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2014

There were several mixed reviews but I took a chance and booked a room for a little beach getaway for me, my BFF and 5 kiddos. The room rate was a steal! I do understand some of the negative reviews now but honestly you get what you pay for people. Here are the positives: Early check in, friendly and helpful staff, room was fairly clean(I wouldn't eat off the floor) and large enough to accommodate our large group and great location! Negatives: Phone doesn't work in room so instead of calling front desk I had to go down there and request more bath towels and pillows but they were more than willing to give us however many we needed.Overall feel of the place is a little run down but they get an A for effort in trying to update the rooms and keep the property in nice shape. Just keep in mind, it's not a 5 star resort nor do they advertise as one and really you should manage your expectations according to what you are paying.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank nadalessandro
North Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My husband's friend selected this hotel in honor of his recent wedding. A group of couples were invited to stay a weekend at hotel to celebrate. A total of 8 people were booked for 2-nights stay. When my husband and I arrived, I noticed there were not enough parking and the hotel looks more like a motel than a hotel. I quickly addressed my concerns to my husband. My husband did not want to be the odd couple, therefore looking for another hotel was out of the question.

One of the couples on the trip saw a large cockroach in her room, Eeeww! I was so disgusted I bathed in the ocean. Our room had a horrid smell with a sticky floor.There was black dust on the windows sills and the corners of the room. The comforter on the bed looked very old, and had a mildew smell, kind of like it was there when the hotel was built.

It was impossible for me to fall asleep fearing I had a roach in my room. I tossed and turned all night.Ugh! Because the hotel does not have sufficient parking you must leave your keys with front desk so they can move your vehicle if and when any other guests wish to leave. Unbelievable!

The location of this hotel is great, the staff is extremely helpful and accommodating, however the hotel was disgusting. The owner/owners of this hotel/motel should
renovate or sell the property to a major hotel corporation.

I noticed there are more motels than hotels on Atlantic Avenue. Please be aware!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 123nelson
Tuscaloosa Alabama
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

When I booked our stay it was before I read the reviews. I was pleasantly surprised by the over all experience. When we go to the beach it is for the beach not terribly picky as long as the room is clean. The staff was very friendly even the lady at breakfast that many seem to have had a problem with. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank step27_1999
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Although the Boardwalk Inn has a reputation for bad customer service we still stayed when visiting Daytona, until our last trip. It's always had what seemed to be a prime location and decent rooms, but stay-after-stay the staff and facilities have proven otherwise...

After planning for months and settling in on Memorial Day Weekend my fiancé closed the courtesy doors to the bedroom in our suite and cut her finger slightly on at the doors fixated knob. Not thinking much of the minor cut she crawled back into bed. The next day I attempted to close the courtesy doors, not knowing the knob was broken, and pushed instead of pulled almost slicing my finger off. Looking at the knob closer, it was broken all the way around the edges in a manner so it was almost entirely sharp.

We immediately wrapped my finger and took the bloody knob and finger to the front desk asking for assistance. The staff's response was "someone will come up to fix the door knob shortly." Within minutes, still standing in the Lobby, the wrapped finger was soaked in blood, still the staff offered zero assistance. While dripping blood I asked for a first-aid kit and was told they didn't have one. There was seemingly nothing they could do.

We visited the staff again the next morning and we're told the General Manager would contact us. We've been in touch with the hotel almost every day since and still have not talked to a General Manager or anyone that can assist in anyway shape or form. Worse, no one cares!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chiccarello
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was a very nice hotel. The only downside was parking. Many guests have to double park and leave keys at front desk. I was not into that idea. Luckily everything we wanted mostly was in walking distance. The rooms were very clean , I liked that Iit was tile floor so I knew they were clean. The pool waa big and clean. Management even walked around checking on guests at the pool. A great place to feel welcome. We will be back !

• Stayed May 2014