“"Looks can be deceiving"”

El Caribe Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #33 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Cumming, Georgia
“"Looks can be deceiving"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

If you are looking for a five star hotel this isn't for you, but if you are looking for a comfortable room at an affordable rate this is it! The hotel is showing its age, but the room was clean and comfortable and had everything we needed. The staff that we came in contact with were all very friendly. This hotel was in a great location. The beach was not very crowded and was mostly families. There was a IHOP across the street, but we ate the continental breakfast each morning. I would have liked more choices, but it was adequate. There is also a grocery store and putt putt across the street. It was a great trip and I would definitely stay here again!

1 Thank Patti W
Maria M, Public Relations Manager at El Caribe Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
We appreciate your wonderful review of our property! Yes, we are an older property but I am so glad you noted how great our staff is. They do work very hard. I will mention to the manager about looking into new breakfast items. See you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Hixson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I used to stay here with my family when I was a kid from birth till I was 8 years old. Every year we came here. The hotel is very different but there are a lot of familiar things still there. I love this hotel and even if it didn't bring back great memories from my childhood I'd still love it and come back. It has an old feel to it like you used to get back in the day. The staff is awesome and the grounds are impeccably maintained. The rooms are cleaned daily and they do a great job. We got a room with a kitchenette and there was everything we needed to cook if we wanted to. The beds are made every day and the towels are replaced daily as well. The view is incredible and this place is directly across the street from a grocery store. It's walking distance from several places to eat as well as several things to do. All in all I love this place and will definitly be back. I'm planning on coming back in sept and can't wait to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
We are so glad to have you as such a long time guest! Thank you for your review and all of your wonderful comments. I am so pleased to hear about all the things you enjoyed and I will pass this along to the manager. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

The mint green exterior and neon balloons disguise a hidden gem of a hotel at Daytona Beach. Pros first: Our family of four stayed here for one week, checking in on a Monday and out on Friday. We had a quick and trouble free check in (and out) experience. The staff during the week were friendly and accommodating. They were nearby if we needed anything, but otherwise we were able to do our own thing without interruption. Our top floor, ocean view room and private balcony had a splendid view of the courtyard and beach. Our last morning there we were able to watch dolphins playing in the ocean! The room was clean and cozy and fit two adults and two children just fine. Two saltwater pools, one heated, were just the right size for cooling off after spending the day on the beach. The courtyard contains picnic tables, grills, a basketball court, and a shuffleboard court--however, we spent most of our time on the beach. During a brief storm we hung out in the room, lounging and watching cable on a nice flatscreen tv. The Daytona Boardwalk and Pier are only two miles up the coast, Ponce Inlet a short drive south, and across the street are a mini golf course with live gators, a pizza place, and a grocery store. El Caribe is an affordable choice in a great central location along a family oriented stretch of Daytona Beach.
Now for the cons: The hotel itself is an older hotel, which means that it is a little worn and frayed around the edges. This has the effect of making the place look slightly dirty, but that is just the age showing through. The elevators are kind of scary; they vary in speed and stop unevenly. Breakfast is your typical, unimaginative continental affair--there is an IHOP nearby if you need more. The breakfast area is also TINY. The in-room coffee was the worst part of our stay; I would suggest they switch brands. I had looked forward to a sunrise coffee on the balcony, but couldn't handle the swill in the room. Coffee in the office was fine, however.
Overall I was very pleased with the hotel, room, and all that came with it. I feel we got a great deal and I would certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: Parking is best and more convenient if you're staying in the south tower.
2 Thank Heather R
Maria M, Public Relations Manager at El Caribe Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
We really appreciate you reviewing our property. Your comments about our staff and your room were wonderful to hear and I will pass on all the good things you had to say. I will make sure to speak with management about your breakfast comments and about the in-room coffee. Thanks again and we really look forward to your return.
Seal Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

The El Caribe exceeded every one of my husband and my expectations!! It is a wonderful beachy hotel with ole school Southern hospitality. The rates are amazing and the amenities unending! We were both born and raised in Daytona and took our adult son and daughter and their families for a 10 day vacation/family reunion. The first floor side-by-side kitchenette rooms were perfect for the 2 families of grandkids...They were 3 steps to the beach and adjacent to the big pool, kiddie pool and salt water pool! My husband and I had a kitchenette room on the 5th floor and the view was spectacular. Continental breakfast was very nice.
If you want a "real-beach" hotel experience "like Mama use to talk about", you cannot beat the El Caribe. WE LOVED IT along with ALL THE GREAT FOLKS. Thank you sooo very much for our fun times. My husband and I will be back every year! Love you guys! Pixie Hartman

Room Tip: Kitchenettes worked out wonderfully with kids especially. Rooms 107 and 108 were next to pools, fac...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review! We love to get families staying with us and I am so happy that your whole family stayed and enjoyed themselves. Thanks for all your great comments. We can't wait to have you all back!
Lancaster, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

The ocean views are great, the rooms are clean, the housekeeping staff was prompt and very nice/trustworthy, the front desk staff was fabulous and went out of their way to accommodate any request. The buildings and rooms are a bit older and have some wear and tear, but I deemed it "Old Florida charm." The pools are fantastic and maintained very well, and there is plenty to do on the grounds. We will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I will be passing all of your kind comments about our staff onto the correct department managers! Thank you for staying with us and for taking a few moments to review our property. We love the El Caribe Resort and are so glad you stayed with us, and will again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed at El Caribe during race week. I was a bit hesitant to stay at a botique hotel, as we normally travel with Hilton or Hyatt resorts. The fabulous amenities and customer service were AMAZING!! The staff was helpful and prompt with EVERYTHING! Everyone with us kept repeating how they couldn't believe everything the hotel offered for half of what a brand hotel was charging- and all of the staff was AMAZING! We will be back because of this!!

1 Thank Ablessed1227
Thank you for your wonderful comments! We hope that other people will choose us over brand name properties because we do have a lot to offer, and work very hard to make sure all of our guests are happy! We look forward to seeing you next race week or sooner!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Everything was Awesome, it would have been better if they served a hot breakfast but overall it was very nice. Loved the room, the staff was very helpful. I left a camera charger and battery plugged in the wall, they sent it back. I especially loved that it had a kitchen, kitchen and two bed couches. Yeah that's my new summer spot.

1 Thank Jaxonb175
Thank you for reviewing our property. I am happy your items were returned in a timely manner, and that you enjoyed your kitchen. We are glad to serve the continental breakfast, but I will pass on your comments about a hot breakfast to our GM. See you soon!