and 1 more site!
Ranked #33 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Don't stay here if you want to get any sleep. We could hear every word the people in the next room were saying, clanging dishes, chopping food etc. We've tried to contact management twice but got no response. The bathroom fan was covered in dust and the wall had grimy fingerprints on it.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Maria M, Public Relations Manager at El Caribe Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for reviewing our property. I am sorry to hear about the issues you had when you stayed here. We always try to rectify all situations immediately, and would have been happy to move you to a different room. I do not know why you were unable to get in touch with manage and do apologize for that. We do hope that you are willing to give our property another try.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel is showing it's age, but our efficiency room was clean, the towels were nice, and the shower had good flow. Our balcony overlooked the beach. Despite being really busy, the rooms are actually quiet (good old 1970's concrete construction!). The staff was friendly. We never did the breakfast bar as we had a coffee maker and fridge in the room. We stocked up on coffee and yogurts from the Winn Dixie across the street. The location was great for accessing the beach and water. Still have to drive to most places around Daytona for anything exciting. Make sure to call ahead for an upper floor room if you don't want to be on "pool level." We probably won't stay here again, but with getting the room at relatively short notice, it met our needs to be on the beach with a balcony!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less pool noise. Breakfast area small for the number of rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of our property. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and do hope that the next time you are in Daytona Beach you will stay with us again.
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed here June 10th - 17th Everything was Great!! All of the employees there were very kind and helpful and across the street was a grocery store ..2 beach stores... IHop.. a local bar... 7/11 store In front of the Hotel is a bus stop which takes you to the Boardwalk in less than 5 minutes for $1.50 both pools were very clean the room was very clean and the beds were comfortable the soaps and lotion was of good quality the ocean front view was very relaxing I would definitely come back to this Hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate you taking a moment to review our property. Thank you for your nice comments, I will be sure to pass them along to the Manager. We look forward to your next stay!
Coral Springs, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We had a family reunion and reserved 20 rooms from Wednesday to Sunday. We were promised months in advance that we would all be placed together. This never happened. After checking in we noticed the king bed we reserved and promised was two queen beds. We complained about that and we were told there is only one room per floor with a king bed. The next day housekeeping walked in without knocking. On top of everything I was told by other family members that they paid less for the same room. I asked them at the front desk why this is the case and they said they made a mistake. Come to find out they charged half of us more than the other half. Some paid more than I do. If you are looking for a relaxing, drama free vacation. DO NOT STAY HERE! As you will see, I don't write reviews. However, this experience was so terrible it deserved one. Not one thing went right and we reserved 20 rooms. Imagine how they will treat you if you only reserve one!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Maria M, Public Relations Manager at El Caribe Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
We do appreciate all reviews so thank you for taking the time. I would like to point out that I was the contact person between our property and your group leader. The miscommunication about the room types and locations were between your group leader and the group. Having had many conversations with your leader prior to your arrival, we went over everything including rooms, room types and where she wanted members to be; And I was happy to honor her requests for adjoining rooms and the one king room that was requested. Due to the multiple room types that were offered to your group and the fact that the majority of your group chose to go the most economical route, the rooms were not as close because we only offer so many per room type per floor. I personally upgraded a few rooms at no additional cost to the guest, in an effort to keep your family as close as possible. This is why some members were paying the standard rate for an efficiency.
We are a very family friendly property and work with many very happy families every year. I am sorry you did not enjoy your time with us, but we wish you well on your next reunion.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

The Caribe Resort was a good choice for my families 1st vacation in Daytona Beach. The ocean front view was beautiful. Loved to wake up to the ocean view. It was relaxing at night sitting on the balcony with sound of the ocean's waves! I would recommend price was right!

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking a few moments to review our property! We are glad that you chose to vacation in Daytona this year and that we could be a part of it. We would love to have you back and hope to see you again soon!
Campbell, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

we stayed here for the last 6 years for the coke zero 400 race, up until this year everything was great, our first 2 days housekeeping never came, even after saying they return, management corrected this issue and the rest of the week was awesome, the staff is always friendly and helpful we already got next year room booked,

Room Tip: anytime you wake up and see the sun rising over the ocean its a good room
1 Thank bwatts2014
We are very thankful for you review, and I am happy to hear you are one of our repeat race guests. I am glad to hear your issue was resolved very quickly so you could fully enjoy the remainder of your stay. We work very hard to make sure all of our guest are happy and comfortable. We will see you next year for another great stay!
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have stayed at El Caribe several times. I come with grandkids and I find it to be kid friendly. We had a very enjoyable stay.When I reserved I requested a lower level. At check in that was not what was arranged, however I mentioned it and was given a perfect lower level for us. Not only that, one of the staff went out of his way to give me information about the room. The next morning the coffee pot didn't work. I called about it and another one of the saff brought a brand new one; I think it wasn't over 5 minutes from letting them know. Both of these folks showed great customer service they wore shirts that said maintenance. I wish I had gotten their names because they need to be recognized. I am not one to complain so I hate to mention this because it was unsual with all my stays, but the housekeeping was not what I normally receive. I love having my room clean and plenty of towels, washing items and ect. This trip unfortunately that was lacking. For anyone considering staying; there is a grocery and Dollar General right across the street. I will be back as soon as I can and I would recommend El Caribe to anyone that wants to enjoy Daytona.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for being a loyal guest and for taking time to review our property! I will be sure to speak with the maintenance manager about your good experience with the 2 gentlemen from that department, as well as the housekeeping manager about your concerns. We want to make sure your next stay will be even better than the last. Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay!