On a scale of one to ten I would give this hotel a negative five. The service is absolutely terrible, from the moment we checked in we knew we were going to regret staying there. For starters the front desk attendant was extremely rude. We pre-booked our room through bookit.com and had chosen "resorts choice" but requested an ocean view. The lady rudely informed us that we had not paid for an ocean front room so we were not getting one unless we wanted to add an additional twenty dollars a night to the amount we already paid. She then proceeded to inform us that we had to pay an additional twelve dollars a night anyways for amenities (whether we were using them or not) which in the end ended up being more than the twelve a night because they still tax that amount. The next day we went to Reflections, their restaurant, for breakfast. We were the only two people in the restaurant, we waited forty-five minutes for our food to find out that our server forgot to put in our order. She comped our meal (which was probably the nicest thing that happened there). We arrived again for breakfast the next morning and the same thing happened. We spoke to the hotel manager who assured us he would direct the issue and have his GM contact us. We did not see or hear from him again until we ran in to him during check out.
They could not even check us out properly, we asked for room charges on one credit card and hotel ammenity charges on the other. They assured us they did so but when we got home to check our account everything was put on one card and the security deposit still had not been returned.
On top of that towels are not easy to get, you have to sign them out then return them back by that night or you get charged for them. (so much for being a "Green" resort!)
The staff in each department was very unfriendly and unhappy to be there. One of the bartenders at the pool bar was not even carding people who were clearly underage.
We were super excited for a nice weekend get away, arriving at this hotel did not allow for that. I would not recommend staying here unless it is the absolute last resort. No matter how good the price is it's not worth and you end up paying a lot more in the end anyways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy ultimate comfort and luxurious ocean front accommodation where every unit has a kitchenette at the Daytona Beach Resort. Once you arrive, choose between a dip in our white sandy beach or one of four resort pools. After a morning of swimming and sunbathing, workout in our fitness center. Couples can enjoy an afternoon cocktail at our Reef Pool Bar while children catch waves and place their finishing touches on their sandcastles. Finish the perfect day with a great meal at our ocean front restaurant and head into a deep sleep while listening to the sounds of the waves. Whether you've come to our resort for the sand and the sun, or whether you've come here for an important conference or the wedding of loved ones, we're fully confident our Daytona Beach hotel will accommodate your vacation needs to the point of being unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Kognitiv US Corp, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daytona Beach Hotel Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Resort And Conference Center Florida