“All my stays have been wonderful!”

Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #14 of 72 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
SUNNY FLORIDA
“All my stays have been wonderful!”
Reviewed 19 May 2011

I'm not sure where a few of these reviewers stayed because I have never had an issue or been disappointed with the service or accommodations in all the 8 times I have visited Daytona Beach Resort. This last time, I had booked a oceanfront standard (normally do the oceanfront suite) when we got to the room, the floor was soaked just inside the door. They immediately upgraded and moved us to the oceanfront suite. There was a Republican convention and a wedding there during our stay..we didn't hear a thing except the wonderful cello playing out by the pool for entertainment. We have always experienced awesome service by staff. This is a wonderful place to stay with 3 pools, an outdoor bar for refreshment, showers to rinse off after coming off the beach, an indoor pool and hot tubs. It is convenient (across the street) to a grocery store, dollar tree, sub shop, frozen yogurt shop, Walgreen, Ruby Tuesday, surf shops and department store. It is far enough away from the craziness that can be Daytona. We love it, my teenage kids love it..just WONDERFUL! Take it from a mom who wants her moneys worth...this is the place!

Room Tip: Oceanfront Suites are roomy!
Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SHASHASunnyFlorida

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 May 2011

On a scale of one to ten I would give this hotel a negative five. The service is absolutely terrible, from the moment we checked in we knew we were going to regret staying there. For starters the front desk attendant was extremely rude. We pre-booked our room through bookit.com and had chosen "resorts choice" but requested an ocean view. The lady rudely informed us that we had not paid for an ocean front room so we were not getting one unless we wanted to add an additional twenty dollars a night to the amount we already paid. She then proceeded to inform us that we had to pay an additional twelve dollars a night anyways for amenities (whether we were using them or not) which in the end ended up being more than the twelve a night because they still tax that amount. The next day we went to Reflections, their restaurant, for breakfast. We were the only two people in the restaurant, we waited forty-five minutes for our food to find out that our server forgot to put in our order. She comped our meal (which was probably the nicest thing that happened there). We arrived again for breakfast the next morning and the same thing happened. We spoke to the hotel manager who assured us he would direct the issue and have his GM contact us. We did not see or hear from him again until we ran in to him during check out.
They could not even check us out properly, we asked for room charges on one credit card and hotel ammenity charges on the other. They assured us they did so but when we got home to check our account everything was put on one card and the security deposit still had not been returned.
On top of that towels are not easy to get, you have to sign them out then return them back by that night or you get charged for them. (so much for being a "Green" resort!)
The staff in each department was very unfriendly and unhappy to be there. One of the bartenders at the pool bar was not even carding people who were clearly underage.

We were super excited for a nice weekend get away, arriving at this hotel did not allow for that. I would not recommend staying here unless it is the absolute last resort. No matter how good the price is it's not worth and you end up paying a lot more in the end anyways.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank chelberg
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 4 May 2011

Cheap feel and build. I could hear things in all adjacent rooms that I would rather not hear. Drunken conversations till 3am only to be woken up at 6am by some sort of sports team yelling/ training in the parking lot and some lunatic screaming at them to shut up. Room was small and internet was so slow I gave up checking my email. If I wanted the cheap motel treatment I could have easily paid more than $100 less, and they charge a $13 resort fee. NOT a good place to relax.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank WadesTravels
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I needed a place for an overnight stay with my mother in the Daytona area when we were visiting family. Since we were only spending the night and leaving early the next morning, I took Expedia up on their $79. deal they offered. It allowed you to book a 3.5 star hotel in Daytona Beach without revealing the hotel until after you booked (much like Priceline). This was the first time I had ever tried this and I have to say, we were pretty pleased.

The room was oceanfront and had a kitchen in it. Had we been able to stay longer, the oceanfront would have been ideal. There were two pools below us and an indoor pool as well. Our only complaint was we had to pay for parking which I think is gouging. I mean, where else would you park? And the beds were not that comfortable and a bit musty smelling. But for our purpose and the price, the place was decent.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Dejais
Groveport, Ohio
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Great location. Close to shopping center (right accross the street) with grocery, drugstore and more. Close to food places. Nice beach access. Rooms were nice and clean. We did have a few issues, one being a closet door broken. Small stovetop but we didn't use it. Full size frigerator. Balcony was nice but not private. You need to watch, in the older part balconies just have a half wall between so you can shake hands with your neighbor. We didn't mind though we really didn't see anyone out much with it being race weekend. Pool area very nice. Easy beach access but you need your key to get back in.

I would definately stay again. If the price is right I would stay during race week again.

Room Tip: South end rooms are a little bit larger.
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
wisconsin
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Not a good start to my five-day stay. First off - when I booked the room I requested a one bedroom suite - when I made the reservation I told the reservation person over and over I need not the jr suite - I need a one bedroom suite. When I arrived and walked into my room - there it was - a jr. king suite. The gentleman at the front desk tried to find me a one-bedroom - but to no avail. There was none available for the five days. The manager called and said "so sorry" you should have looked at your email confirmation closer - it read jr king suite. Thank you very much!!! We also noticed when we walked into the room - it smelled like an ash tray - their response "this is a non smoking hotel" A maintenance man came in and sprayed the room - lasted for one day. Thank you very much!! If you do decide to stay here - they make you sign for towels- which we did. We try to be "green" so we used the same towels for three days. When I took the towels back and asked for new ones she said "you were suppose to bring them back on the same day you took them out". She made me sign for new towels - I asked her to make sure we wouldn't be charged for the towels and her response was "I will see what I can do" . Thank you very much!! Just another thing to worry about. - Not what I need on vacation. When we left we recieved our bill which showed the correct amount. When I got home to make sure the charge was correct - the bill showed $100 more than what was on my receipt. I called to find out what was going on - the girl informed me that they add $100 to make sure it clears? and we should get $100 back on our card within three to five days. Never heard of it?! She said we should have been informed of that when we checked in. - Thank you very much!!! By the way - when you book a room and they say there will be approximately $12.00 resort and taxes fee. In reality - they charge $12.00 for resort fee. There are additional taxes at the end.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WisconsinTiger
Suffolk, Virginia
Reviewed 5 March 2011

Stayed here for 5 days before moving over to a motel closer to the track for the Daytona 500.

Beautiful hotel, rooms are large, great views of the oceanfront (get a room with a balcony). Our room was a king suite, which had a small kitchen, full size refrigator, small living area that included loveseat and chair overlooking the ocean. We were able to bring "left overs" from eating out and put the in the fridge, as well as eat sandwiches for lunch, since we had plenty of storage/dishes.

My only compliant with the hotel was the house keeping staff. They basically made the beds daily, gave you new linens and put 2 bottles of water in the fridge. One day I had to call housekeeping to get the room serviced..........This was at 2:45 p.m. When I called the houseeeping number somone answered with a "hello". VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. I asked if I had reach housekeeping he said yea. I said I needed the room serviced he said ok, not even asking what room I was in. I then called back about 30 minutes later, spoke with another man and a few minutes later a man and woman came and again hurriedly made the bed and left clean towels. I had to request housekeeping to vaccum the room and change the bed linens after the third day.

You can walk to several good resturants from the hotel and there is a Publix grocery store and Bealls for shopping.

Upon check out I let the man at the desk know how displeased I was with the housekeeping staff. He said he knew they were lacking in that department. We will definitely stay here again whe visiting Daytona Beach.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BJD1950
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daytona Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Daytona Beach Oceanfront
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Daytona Beach
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Oceanfront
Hyatt Place Daytona Beach - Ocea...
#2 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Sun Viking Lodge
Sun Viking Lodge
#5 of 31 in Daytona Beach Shores
Hampton Inn Daytona Beach/Beachfront
Plaza Resort & Spa
Plaza Resort & Spa
#13 of 72 in Daytona Beach

Been to Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center? Share your experiences!