After reading countless reviews from this hotel and many others, I decided on this one, and after being there for 3 nights, I nailed it. Wife really enjoyed the room, and so did our kids. We had an oceanfront room to appease the wife/kids. Besides the standard nice staff, clean rooms, blah blah blah, here are the pluses:
I really liked that the room was long and had 2 TVs (one for the wife and I, and one for the kids). Athough we didnt use it, the room came with a mini kitchen, stove, frig, microwave, with pots, utensils, glasses.
Another plus is that our room was close to the parking deck, which is attached to the hotel, so that I didnt have to drag everything through the main hotel lobby, elevator, etc. All I did was park on the same level as my room, and unpacked from there. I agree with the other comments, in that the parking deck is somewhat tight. We had a midsize car and we were ok. Anyone that has a huge SUV would say differently.
Another plus is that there are 2 outside pools, and in addition a kiddie pool, so it was not overcrowded. I liked the fact that one end was 8ft deep so that my wife and I could enjoy it more. My kids were on the other end 3ft enjoying themselves. We enjoyed the inside pool too (water is a lot warmer).
Another plus was that there was always something going on at the hotel over the weekend. There was a DJ outside playing music, the hotel had grilled hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken, for a small fee.....great atmosphere. We didnt use it, but they offered a 'parents night out' as well.
There were other amenities, like the restaurants, spa, tiki bar, fire pit at night, fitness center, etc, but we did not use them.
One more tip is that we enjoyed the waterpark which is about a 5 min drive.
A couple of negatives:
The walls in the room are kinda thin, and I could hear the people in the room next to mine during the morning we were trying to sleep in.
The pillows and blankets were somewhat worn
Those negatives are minor in comparison to the overall stay, to which I will definitely stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy ultimate comfort and luxurious ocean front accommodation where every unit has a kitchenette at the Daytona Beach Resort. Once you arrive, choose between a dip in our white sandy beach or one of four resort pools. After a morning of swimming and sunbathing, workout in our fitness center. Couples can enjoy an afternoon cocktail at our Reef Pool Bar while children catch waves and place their finishing touches on their sandcastles. Finish the perfect day with a great meal at our ocean front restaurant and head into a deep sleep while listening to the sounds of the waves. Whether you've come to our resort for the sand and the sun, or whether you've come here for an important conference or the wedding of loved ones, we're fully confident our Daytona Beach hotel will accommodate your vacation needs to the point of being unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daytona Beach Hotel Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Resort And Conference Center Florida