“Dad / Husband's personal opinion”

Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #15 of 73 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 July 2011

After reading countless reviews from this hotel and many others, I decided on this one, and after being there for 3 nights, I nailed it. Wife really enjoyed the room, and so did our kids. We had an oceanfront room to appease the wife/kids. Besides the standard nice staff, clean rooms, blah blah blah, here are the pluses:

I really liked that the room was long and had 2 TVs (one for the wife and I, and one for the kids). Athough we didnt use it, the room came with a mini kitchen, stove, frig, microwave, with pots, utensils, glasses.

Another plus is that our room was close to the parking deck, which is attached to the hotel, so that I didnt have to drag everything through the main hotel lobby, elevator, etc. All I did was park on the same level as my room, and unpacked from there. I agree with the other comments, in that the parking deck is somewhat tight. We had a midsize car and we were ok. Anyone that has a huge SUV would say differently.

Another plus is that there are 2 outside pools, and in addition a kiddie pool, so it was not overcrowded. I liked the fact that one end was 8ft deep so that my wife and I could enjoy it more. My kids were on the other end 3ft enjoying themselves. We enjoyed the inside pool too (water is a lot warmer).

Another plus was that there was always something going on at the hotel over the weekend. There was a DJ outside playing music, the hotel had grilled hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken, for a small fee.....great atmosphere. We didnt use it, but they offered a 'parents night out' as well.

There were other amenities, like the restaurants, spa, tiki bar, fire pit at night, fitness center, etc, but we did not use them.

One more tip is that we enjoyed the waterpark which is about a 5 min drive.

A couple of negatives:
The walls in the room are kinda thin, and I could hear the people in the room next to mine during the morning we were trying to sleep in.
The pillows and blankets were somewhat worn

Those negatives are minor in comparison to the overall stay, to which I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: If you got a lot of stuff, ask for a room close to the parking deck entrance
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank aggieak
There are newer reviews for Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center

Reviewed 9 July 2011

We would stay again. We loved the view of ocean front room and the staff are wonderful especially Michael, he make sure everybody is being help but at the same time he didn't rush or pushing you out of the way to get to the next customer.
My family enjoyed the stayed!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Don't know who put internet pictures are fake, but they must need to stay at some pricey place that is not your average American.
The staff was absolutely perfect. Our room was clean and nice and supplied with above what we needed.
The pool area is great, clean and the bar was so nice. Room service and the towels at the front desk were great. They don't have a choice but to handle things that way due to thieves I am sure. Most balconies even at the hilton are not suppose to be lived on just enjoyed. Ours was great. It was my first trip back to Florida sense I was seven years old and I am a time share owner in another place. I will go back to the Regency when I return and I give the staff, all of them, a big thumbs up and thanks for your smiles while other people around you have a good time.

Reviewed 1 July 2011

We have stayed there 2 times, this year in June and also last year in July. Both times were great with no issues. The rooms are very nice and clean and spacious. We loved the kitchens in them for cooking breakfast and lunch as well. We loved all the pools, the gym, and the overall experience. One of the nicest hotels in Daytona in my opinion. A bunch of restaurants both within walking distance or driving distance. There are also places to eat within the hotel.

Reviewed 29 June 2011

I spent four days at the Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center. The room was very nice and included a microwave, stove, sink, and refrigerator. The beds were firm. The resort has two outdoor and one indoor pool and two hot tubs. And the property is located on the beach. The staff was friendly and attentive although it was very busy with several functions going on -- two weddings and one reunion.

Reviewed 27 June 2011

We stayed for a three day "romantic" weekend, this sums it up.
Facts:
Requested ocean front with bacony. Got ocean view with a mini
balcony that we could only stand on. Front desk people were rude.

They charged additional "resort fees", which was supposed
to include wifi. The wifi did not work. The cable reception
Was pure snow.
In addition to not having room service, the restaurant and bar
were closed Both Friday and Saturday for "private parties"
Had to leave the "resort" for meals.
Their website shows beach chairs and umbrellas on the beach, insinuating
they are available for hotel guest use. They are not. In fact they are rented
by a private vendor who charges $30.00 per day, rain or shine.
We rented but the weather quickly changed after only two hours, when beach
patrol said they had to leave the beach. The rooms are old, another poster
said 1980's Miami Vice, that is true. The elevators broke down twice during
our stay, the walls are thin as paper, and the entire staff has an I don't give a
crap attitude. I really can't believe any one would give this hotel a good
rating, especially for the money, and the "hidden" charges they sock you
with.

There is NO room service, in fact even worse,

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank dutchtreatOrlando
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Loved the pools, loved the Unit! We stayed in a corner unit and it was immaculate! This place was perfect. I have absolutely no complaints. Would definitely stay here again and even considering purchasing a unit!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family