“We loved it and we'll be back!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #16 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Denver, Colorado
“We loved it and we'll be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

The front desk staff and behind the front desk staff are top notch. Priceline screwed up our reservation but Abby, Mike, Lois, and Maria were diligent and persevered to the end. We got our rooms and enjoyed the beach!

The rooms were spacious (except for the bathrooms) with full visibility to the ocean! A true ocean view room. I've been to other hotels that advertise an "ocean view" and disappointed that is was not quite that---this one is the real thing!

Easy access to the beach which had a van full of chairs, umbrellas, boogies boards all right there (not affiliated with the hotel) for a small fee. Very convenient. A slight discount if you rent them in the late afternoon but they pick up at 5 pm.

The pool area was very clean with a food hut right there. The Shark Bites appetizers were very delicious.

We're already planning our next trip back there!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are really worth it.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

The hotel itself has a lot to offer and is very nice as far as that is concerned. But your trading cleanliness in your room for it. The room was Oceanside with a spectacular view, but when you walked in mold was on the wall. The floor had dirt all over and hadn't been vacuumed. The bathroom was so nasty we didn't shower over our two day stay. The shower curtain was covered in mold, the tub and floor was also. The bathtub also had hair in it. Nasty. The ac while super cold was dirty and hadn't obviously been cleaned in a long while. Also illegally this hotel doesn't mention there resort fees. They charge $12 per night with tax for a whopping $13.50 per night. They also put a $100 hold on your credit card that they give back 5 days after your stay for a security deposit. Which no one told me about - ahem Michael! We paid for wifi but didn't get it in our room only poolside and in the lobby. If you want fun and amenities this is the place if you want clean and honest----- look elsewhere!!!!

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Flmum
Woodstock, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2011

We stayed for 4 night Saturday thru Thursday. The room was ok. The resort fee was high. The biggest problem was the non-smoking resort. I did not read anything and the web site about a non- smoking in the resort. I have no problem with a smoke free rooms but having to hide in the parking lots was a little ridicules. Over all we had a nice stay. Dayton beach has seen better days. I don’t think I will go back to Dayton.

1 Thank twbfilm89
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

After reading countless reviews from this hotel and many others, I decided on this one, and after being there for 3 nights, I nailed it. Wife really enjoyed the room, and so did our kids. We had an oceanfront room to appease the wife/kids. Besides the standard nice staff, clean rooms, blah blah blah, here are the pluses:

I really liked that the room was long and had 2 TVs (one for the wife and I, and one for the kids). Athough we didnt use it, the room came with a mini kitchen, stove, frig, microwave, with pots, utensils, glasses.

Another plus is that our room was close to the parking deck, which is attached to the hotel, so that I didnt have to drag everything through the main hotel lobby, elevator, etc. All I did was park on the same level as my room, and unpacked from there. I agree with the other comments, in that the parking deck is somewhat tight. We had a midsize car and we were ok. Anyone that has a huge SUV would say differently.

Another plus is that there are 2 outside pools, and in addition a kiddie pool, so it was not overcrowded. I liked the fact that one end was 8ft deep so that my wife and I could enjoy it more. My kids were on the other end 3ft enjoying themselves. We enjoyed the inside pool too (water is a lot warmer).

Another plus was that there was always something going on at the hotel over the weekend. There was a DJ outside playing music, the hotel had grilled hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken, for a small fee.....great atmosphere. We didnt use it, but they offered a 'parents night out' as well.

There were other amenities, like the restaurants, spa, tiki bar, fire pit at night, fitness center, etc, but we did not use them.

One more tip is that we enjoyed the waterpark which is about a 5 min drive.

A couple of negatives:
The walls in the room are kinda thin, and I could hear the people in the room next to mine during the morning we were trying to sleep in.
The pillows and blankets were somewhat worn

Those negatives are minor in comparison to the overall stay, to which I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: If you got a lot of stuff, ask for a room close to the parking deck entrance
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank aggieak
Margate, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2011

We would stay again. We loved the view of ocean front room and the staff are wonderful especially Michael, he make sure everybody is being help but at the same time he didn't rush or pushing you out of the way to get to the next customer.
My family enjoyed the stayed!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Rogersville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

Don't know who put internet pictures are fake, but they must need to stay at some pricey place that is not your average American.
The staff was absolutely perfect. Our room was clean and nice and supplied with above what we needed.
The pool area is great, clean and the bar was so nice. Room service and the towels at the front desk were great. They don't have a choice but to handle things that way due to thieves I am sure. Most balconies even at the hilton are not suppose to be lived on just enjoyed. Ours was great. It was my first trip back to Florida sense I was seven years old and I am a time share owner in another place. I will go back to the Regency when I return and I give the staff, all of them, a big thumbs up and thanks for your smiles while other people around you have a good time.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

We have stayed there 2 times, this year in June and also last year in July. Both times were great with no issues. The rooms are very nice and clean and spacious. We loved the kitchens in them for cooking breakfast and lunch as well. We loved all the pools, the gym, and the overall experience. One of the nicest hotels in Daytona in my opinion. A bunch of restaurants both within walking distance or driving distance. There are also places to eat within the hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family