A few days into our stay we realized that the hotel had taken, without our authorization, almost all our money out of our checking account. You see, when we checked in the employee at the front desk made a mistake and said we could just pay the balance left on our hotel stay when we checked out. The thing is, the account that we paid our $100 deposit with was not the same account that we were going to pay our entire hotel stay with, we had a separate pre-paid card for that. But instead of informing us that they needed the money immediately instead of at check-out, the manager just took the money out of our checking account, which was our spending cash for our vacation. If they simply would have asked us for the money we would have paid the entire amount on the pre-paid card that was designated for our hotel stay. But instead they drained our checking account practically leaving us empty-handed. The worst part is that they didn't even tell us they had taken the money, we had to find out on our own when our card got denied at the store! On top of that, the manager treated us with so much disrespect, as if the entire situation was our fault. I have never stayed at such a despicable hotel in my life with a so-called "hospitality" manager who was fine with ruining someone's vacation and taking their money without so much as telling them they were doing so. It took us 2 full days of our vacation to get our money back and we never even received a simple apology from the hotel. The only enjoyable part of our stay was being far away from the hotel on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy ultimate comfort and luxurious ocean front accommodation where every unit has a kitchenette at the Daytona Beach Resort. Once you arrive, choose between a dip in our white sandy beach or one of four resort pools. After a morning of swimming and sunbathing, workout in our fitness center. Couples can enjoy an afternoon cocktail at our Reef Pool Bar while children catch waves and place their finishing touches on their sandcastles. Finish the perfect day with a great meal at our ocean front restaurant and head into a deep sleep while listening to the sounds of the waves. Whether you've come to our resort for the sand and the sun, or whether you've come here for an important conference or the wedding of loved ones, we're fully confident our Daytona Beach hotel will accommodate your vacation needs to the point of being unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Kognitiv US Corp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daytona Beach Hotel Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Resort And Conference Center Florida