The lobby was nice. Check in staff friendly and helpful... explained that my room could be accessed from the 4th floor of parking garage so I didn't have to come all the way back down. This was a plus! However, the set up of the room was strange. It was oceanfront suite. You walk in the back of the room from the hall to enter a bedroom. There is an ensuite bath in there. Ok, but sparse and plain. You see a hallway and go down and round a corner and down a long hallway and then you are in the kitchen. Then in front of that is another sitting room with a sofa that folds out into a small bed. (This sofa bed was broken and lopsided and wouldn't even push up against the wall evenly... a mess). The bathrooms were not very clean. A huge dead cockroach was in the hallway (i understand florida bugs, but obviously no one checked the room recently). Then the kitchen, wow, the cabinet doors were moldy. Then someone decided to PAINT OVER THE MOLD. Really? That is crazy, but I did get a photo of that and will try to get it off my camera to post it because that was unbelievable. There were a few hairs on one of the bedspreads so I opted to use the other bed only. It was a big room and had a nice view of ocean, but my sliding door opened up to a shared balcony... anyone could walk right up to my sliding door. This didn't seem safe and was actually creepy when at night you see someone walk right by and hang out for a few minutes looking over the balcony then they keep going. Kids did this alot... playing around the hotel, exploring.
My room did NOT look like the photos of the nicer rooms others have posted. So I guess I should have complained, but I arrived later in the day and only stayed one night. If you stay there, ask for a nicer room if you get the one I had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy ultimate comfort and luxurious ocean front accommodation where every unit has a kitchenette at the Daytona Beach Resort. Once you arrive, choose between a dip in our white sandy beach or one of four resort pools. After a morning of swimming and sunbathing, workout in our fitness center. Couples can enjoy an afternoon cocktail at our Reef Pool Bar while children catch waves and place their finishing touches on their sandcastles. Finish the perfect day with a great meal at our ocean front restaurant and head into a deep sleep while listening to the sounds of the waves. Whether you've come to our resort for the sand and the sun, or whether you've come here for an important conference or the wedding of loved ones, we're fully confident our Daytona Beach hotel will accommodate your vacation needs to the point of being unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daytona Beach Hotel Daytona Beach
- Daytona Beach Resort And Conference Center Florida