“fabulous location, right on the beach,lots of parking”

Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #16 of 74 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Had a wonderful weekend visit, more than I expected, 3 outside pools and 1 indoor pool. Spacious unit with kitchen was perfect for in-room breakfast. They have a restaurant and pool side bar and food service. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 1helpfultraveler
Write a ReviewReviews (1,021)

Reviewed 7 September 2012

This is our 2nd visit to the DBR
stayed one month,
great hotel, near access to the beach
beautiful beach
3 swimming pool, internet
Near everything: restaurant, pharmacy, grocerie shop ( across the street)
staff at the front desk were very pleasant and frendly
Specially chelsea, she is the best at the front desk, Always smiling and polite very kind
i will go back soon

1  Thank Roger340
Mike K, General Manager at Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Roger, thank you for your comments. I have shared your comments with Chelsea, she does a fine job for us. She is attending BCU majoring in thier Hospitality Program. We appreciate your patronage and we look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed at this resort for the Labor Day weekend. All in all we had a nice time but this property could take some tips from some of the Hilton Grand Vacation properties we have stayed at in the past. The property was not as clean as it could have been , for example there was a red Solo cup in one of the elevators that stayed there for 2 days before it was cleaned up. The doors to the lobby were filthy and filled with smudges and hand prints, same for the elevators. When we got back to the property from dinner one evening we were greeted by an obviously intoxicated young lady from ther balcony with a megaphone screaming at everyone that it was her birthday while you tried to get into the resort from the parking lot. The pool restrooom had one of the toilet paper dispensers ripped off the wall and was absolutely filthy, our room smelled like mildew, and really could have used some updating. I did get a service at the spa and the nicest way I can phrase it is that it was really lacking in professionalism and service level. While the service I had was satisfactory, the staff at the spa itself could use some polish. Also, there really should be a changing area with towels, lockers, etc. I feel like having to go across the lobby to the public restroom before my treatment sort of takes away from the experience. I can't even tell you the name of my thearapist because she never introduced herself to me. The in house restaurant was horrible, I would not recommend the breakfast buffet to anyone, ever. We didn't dare attempt another meal on property after that experience. On the plus side, the pools were great, very family friendly and they offered a ton of activities for families throughout the day. They offered a Luau that sounded like a great time, but we were weary of the food after our breakfast experience, so we did not try it. All in all not a horrible experience, but we will probably not be back.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank abragl
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We loved the view from our room and liked the location. Close to downtown but not right in the middle of it so it was pretty quiet. Didn't find it to be very clean but it was average. Very small fitness room.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Danielle C
Reviewed 21 August 2012

this is a nice hotel the team members are very nice to me this is one of the nicest hotel i stayed at in the area this hotel is a little bit out of the pier area nice quiet area there is a Publix across the street (supermarket) i can't say anything about dining but the food looks very good we had virgin Pina coladas from the poolside bar (they do serve Non virgin Pina coladas and other drinks) there is a indoor pool + 2 outdoor pools + a kiddie pool. the indoor pool is there for nothing because its closes when thunder storms happen the coach and the one seater sofa were very un comfortable place some blankets on them so overall if i could give it a 3 half i would

Room Tip: if you don't want an outdoor hallway get a suite it's worth the little extra cost
Reviewed 20 August 2012

DBR is located right on the beach in Daytona and has fairly spacious rooms. Each room has a kitchenette as well as couch and beds. The bathroom was huge! The two pools are wonderful and located right on the beach. The bar and grill is great. The hotel also has a spa, which we did not use when we stayed there as it was little bit pricey. Family and couple friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean have a great view!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank acgwinn
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I wanted to return to Daytona Beach, Florida since I went there last when I was 11 years old and my parents took my brothers and me there. (I am now 54 yrs. old and I was born and raised in Miami, Florida and I still live here!). We stayed at the Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center (DBR). I had a great time remembering the fabulous surf, the wonderful people and the laid-back experience of taking a beach vacation. I took my wife and two kids (my daughter is 9 yrs. old and my son is 11). We went on 8/4/12 and left on 8/7/12.

On the first day, we unleashed the kids into the ocean and all 3 of the hotel's fabulous outdoor pools, the kids pool, (which has those "mushroom structures" that rain water down upon the children like at the waterparks), or the indoor pool or their 2 indoor hot tubs right next to the indoor pool,

After a day at the beach and the pools, and two hours before sunset, take your car and turn right out of the hotel (North), go slow and find a street on your right that takes you down to the beach. Turn right and you are headed to the boardwalk. Maintain the speed limit of 10 mph and roll down your windows. What a ride----driving on a beach!!!!!! Fabulous!!!!. When you get to the boardwalk there are many T-shirt shops, a small go-kart track, a Ferris Wheel, a video and parlor game arcade, fast food shops and other stores, This boardwalk is on the beach!! So you should only wear T-shirts, Hawaiian shirts, shorts, sun dresses, sandals or flip-flops..

If that's not enough, you can stay at the hotel and slather on more sun block and stay by the water or you can take a 45 minute trip north to St. Augustine.and visit the Oldest Wooden School House in America ($4.95 per adult and something less for young kids...yes, the State of Florida charges school age children to visit the Oldest Wooden School House...never understood that policy---charging children to visit a school.) There are many other wonderful attractions to visit in St. Augustine so visit. www.augustine.com. St. Augustine is a very old city, so it is very small. You really don't have to buy those trolley tickets to ride around the city and see it if you are in good to fair physical condition. (But I must say, for $55.00 it was probably worth it for my family to jump on and off the train just to get the breeze in your face and cool off on a hot August afternoon.. (Also, the tour guides who drive the trolleys give you alot more historical information then you might get out of a history book). Of course, the Fountain of Youth discoverd by Juan Ponce de Leon is located in St. Augustine. This park is just a mile or so north of the old city. There is free parking there or, if you buy the trolley tickets, it's one of the stops. (Do not expect something like Niagara Falls, it's more like one of your kids leaving your garden hose at half-on. But hey!.. It's the Fountain of Youth and they let you taste the water!!!).

If you still want to stay at the hotel and slather on more sun block and stay by the water you can do that, or you can take a 45 minute trip south to the Kennedy Space Center. If you have never been there or you have kids, it's an amazing place. Buy the cheapest entry fee you can get, ($45.per adult and $35 for children 3-11 yrs. old--a bit pricey for what you get since NASA is not launching shuttles anymore). You will get a narrated bus ride around the VAB (Vehicle Assembly Building) and see the "crawler" that takes assembled rockets to the launch pad. They also have the Apollo/Saturn V rocket museum which is amazing The IMAX movies are great! You can easily spend 7 hours there. The food costs about the same as a movie theater. But hey!.. you're on vacation!!!

Orlando, and those wonderful theme parks, are about 1 hour away. But that's another vacation review that I'm sure you have already read about! Please read below for some tips!!!!

Tips:

!) Daytona Beach is known for "Spring Break", "Bike Week" (when motorcyclists come to Daytona Beach, but they can fill up the hotel rooms fast and I'm sure the hotels cost more!) Furthermore, in the winter time, NASCAR comes to town! It's a great time for racing fans but that event can fill up rooms fast as well.
2.)Take advantage of "off periods" and there are plenty of them! Go to www.daytonabeach.com and download their visitor's guide. It has the schedule of the events I described above and you can work around those dates and get some pretty good prices..
3) At the Daytona Beach Reort and Conference Center, I would recommend getting the 1 bedroom suite. What the DBR did was take a room facing the ocean and knocked out the wall to the room facing the street. Then they took out the second bathroom (in the room facing the ocean) and made a kitchen out of it). The rest of the room that faces the ocean they made into a family area. The room that faces the street, (which is very far away from the street and, as such, you cannot hear traffic noise) has two queen beds, which were very comfortable. This resort is 2.5 miles north of the boardwalk. Perfect!!! Away from the noise and bright lights. Very easy to drive to the boardwalk, by beach or road.

4.) Take advantage of the suite's amenities. The suite has plates, cups and utensils. It also has a small microwave oven, a full size refrigerator and dual stove-top oven and a coffee maker. There are many grocery stores in the neighborhood of the DBR. Buy bread, milk, juices, water, cold cuts, cereal,etc. Save a little money on breakfast, lunch and dinner by buying for "in-house" meals. But I must say, the restaurant in the lobby is very good and, for a beach resort, fairly priced!
5) Parking is free. But the staff will not tell you about the "resort fee" which is $16.88 per day/per room until you check out. So add that into the cost per day for the room when you plan your stay.

Overall, our stay was excellent! We will do this trip again

6  Thank rumrunner58