“Excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center
Ranked #18 of 102 Hotels in Daytona Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toledo
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

I can't say enough good things about this place. Check-in times are sometimes slow because people are asking stupid questions or otherwise causing difficulties. The rooms are always clean. I typically end up with a suite of a sorts. It has a kitchen and a huge bathroom. It has an indoor and outdoor pool, a tikibar, and a nice amount of beach front property. The soundproofing, the #1 feature I look for, is great. I really can't hear what's going on elsewhere in the hotel, which is nice. Every time I come to Daytona I stay here, and have never been disappointed yet.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mike K, General Manager at Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 November 2012
Buddy, thank you for your comments. We are pleased to hear we have been consistent in our delivery of a quality product and service. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

The room was not clean. We stayed at a Hampton Inn the night prior to arrival. The cleanliness of the room was day and night in favor of the Hampton Inn. In addition, our room had ants. We had it treated twice during our 3 night stay. Ants on the dining table, on both night stands, in the bathroom, and on me. Housekeeping and towel service was poor and what little happen was very late in the day. Sheets and blankets were worn/thin.

Restaurant facilities are overstated on their website. Had dinner and breakfast at the Reflections Restaurant. Both the wait staff and bar was incredibly understaffed. It is poor quality food for the price at dinner and a very limited wine and liquor selection at the bar. Breakfast buffet was average.

Revive does not sport “a menu that focuses on fast and light…” This is an oversized closet that was never staffed during our stay. Candy, chips, and drinks are the primary food selection.

Reef pool bar: I was disappointed that they did not have a meal menu.

We attended a wedding at the DBR. Staff was rude. They called the police and evicted the Bride and Groom from the premises. Hotel claimed an imaginary fight and that the groom was drunk and disorderly. Police were very professional but dumfounded as to why they were called. No one was arrested. The police escorted the groom and bride to their car to drive away. So apparently the police did not think that they were impaired. The whole thing was a complete over reaction by a very immature staff. As a businessman and CPA, I will never host an event or meeting at this resort.

Room Tip: Try another resort
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Ted C
Davie, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

We stayed at this resort on the weekend of Oct 26-Oct 28th; I booked it through Hotwire and was disappointed that I didn't get the hotel that I hoped I would; so silly of me. Anyway as we arrived the front desk staff made us feel very welcome; as well as housekeeping during our stay. Granted I chose the weekend when the weather was not forgiving but our oceanview room suite made up for it and the hubby was well pleased. It was a relaxing staycation for us. During checkout we were rushing so much that we forget a bag with personal belongings in it; I was so upset with the hubby for not checking but I called the staff that night as we arrived home and the bag was sitting there--it was shipped to my home and everything was in the bag. I am so humble and happy to say that Daytona beach has the most honest and pleasant staff. A big thanks to Steve Pike who coordinated the shipping. What a wonderful weekend it turned out to be.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Port Orange, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

My friend booked this hotel for her wedding and reception just this past weekend. The wedding was a hit and the reception soon began and all started to have a good time. The food was ok not the worst but definately not the best I have had. Once the DJ started playing some dance music everyone started losening up and dancing. Definately not an out of control party, but a wedding to say the least. The room was booked until 9:30 pm and around 7:30 pm the manager on duty decided that she had had enough for the evening and decided that the party was getting out of control and shut the party down. (no more dancing, drinking or having fun) the party was over. When approached she simply said we were out of control and she was calling the police and she disappeared and did not return even when police arrived. The Daytona Beach Police was shocked that they had been called. But none the less had to do their job and ask everyone to leave. This manager has cost a very special friend of mine the beauty of her special day. They didn't get to do the traditional wedding experience. They didn't get to open their gifts or even say goodbye and thank their friends and family for attending their wedding/special day with them. Not only that they where told to leave the hotel completely so at the last minute on their honeymoon they had to find another hotel to stay at. Just not a good way of doing business. Definately would not recommend this place for any weddings or special ocassion. And for this reason they will never get any business from me.

Room Tip: The couple was gladly moved to the Daytona Beach Resort and Spa in Daytona Beach Shores just south o...
Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank lthreebulls91
Mike K, General Manager at Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
I ask the readers of this review to "read between the lines" of the reviewer's comments. At Daytona Beach Resort, our first concern is with the safety of our guests and employees. The staff made the appropriate decision based on the situations this event presented.
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

I stayed at this resort for a week in October. This was hands down the best holiday yet!! I was very pleased with the resort itself. Beautiful ocean view rooms, awesome pool/beach area, and great weather! The staff at the hotel were so accomodating! They always were willing to offer help on things to do in the area, restaurants to eat at etc. Jason at the pool bar made our vacation so much fun!!! Cannot say enough good things about the resort! Cant wait to hopefully come back in the near future :)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Beach L
Mike K, General Manager at Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 27 October 2012
Thank you for your kind words! The TEAM at THE Daytona Beach Resort strives to deliver outstanding guest service. Our goal is to always exceed the expectations of our guests. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Sebring, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

We booked 2 night through Travelzoo.com for $149.00. When we arrived Destiny, front desk helped us upgraded to a beachfront suite #1212, for $10 a night more per night. Definitely worth every penny.We enjoyed the restaurent and Tiki Bar with the wonderful staff. Jason was our server and bartender the first evening. Our welcome comp drinks were the best. Valorie was our breakfast server and made us feel so special. The Ham and Cheddar Omlet with potato's and rye toast was included also, for two mornings. Our second day we purchased chrisy's wine,$7.00 and my Long Island Ice Tea for $8.00 at the Tiki bar. Jason did well. At 7:30 am our sunrise was fabulous. We visited several thrift stores on day two and had lunch at Ocean Deck, on the beach, near the pier. Lot's of fun and nice folks everywhere. When I checked out I met Mike Kardos the General Manager. I ask about getting the Travelzoo package on our next visit. He gave me his card and said to call. It would depend on the time of the year. I thanked him for a great stay and said what a great staff he has. The staff makes your journey a pleasure. We look forward to our next road trip to Daytona Beach.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a upper room facing the beach. Bring your camera.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike K, General Manager at Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Bill, we at the Daytona Beach Resort are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit with us! It was a pleasure to meet you and we hope to see you again in the very near future. We are pleased to hear you took advantage of all of our facilities as well as the wonderful offerings surrounding our location. I look forward to hearing from you soon and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Thank you for your patronage, we truly appreciate your business.
Brewster, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

My husband and I stayed for 7 nights for our honeymoon and could not of been happier!!!! The room was Oceanview and was perfect! Shane and Jason at the tiki bar were the most amazing bartenders we have ever encountered!! They made our week! We booked another trip to DBR for March just to see the two of them again!!!! We loved having the parking garage on the same floor as our room.

Room Tip: oceanview is a must!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mike K, General Manager at Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. Congratulations on your wedding and we are honored you decided to spend your honeymoon with us at Daytona Beach Resort. I have shared your comments with Jason and Shane. We look forward to seeing you again in March!